Jeep Review

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Jeep Review

Post by gas56 »

Can I trade this ugly Jurassic Park theme looking jeep back in on a mule, because it stinks as bad as any mule gas.
3.5 - 4 miles = 50 units of gas. How many units does this tank hold........ :lol:

The Park Ranger Jeep loses power going uphill with it's low torque ratio & horsepower and also does not coast downhill with its automatic transmission,.. the torque converter must be
broken and stays connected or just hit reverse for brakes..............ha ha
Comparing the real world 2018 Jeep Wrangler has an 18.5 fuel capacity tank and gets between 18 - 22 miles per gallon with its v-6 engine & automatic power train and would put this
game jeep to shame.
It also gets around 324 miles to a tank of gas at getting the lower 18 miles per gallon. Which just puttin' around with it you should be able to drive it all day long in the field &
backroads. Now lets be realistic,.. who wants to drive a Park Ranger all day with it's bad gas mileage and the cost of the ER fuel?
I bought one to support the game but I would rather be driving it around the maps then parking it.
Last edited by gas56 on December 5th, 2018, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Jeep Review

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Gas I believe the units are in milliliters. :?

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

It seems to me that if you needed to get to the southern lodge, going in a straight line along the western roads could have let you arrive barely with gas... but FT would have been faster, i haven't bought a Jeep yet, it seems cool, but so damn useless with 50 units of gas you can go around a lodge and the call a taxi, i don't say 100 is a must, but at least 70, at least enough to, like in your map, reach the other lodge, c'mon that is WH not even the biggest map, imagine what it take to go in zigzags placing stuff... a tent in the back pack and two good shoes still are superior for moving around, maybe not as fun as the jeep, but you cant run out gas at least.

I hope EW seriously reconsider the fuel consumption of the thing, i get the idea of sell gas as consumable, they need make a profit, ok its a business, but 50 units is very in the short end for paying members imho.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Gas I believe the units are in milliliters. :?

Convert units
1 Milliliter = 0.00026417 U.S. gallon

Are you sure? that's like a drop in the bucket.................... :lol:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

VonStratos wrote:It seems to me that if you needed to get to the southern lodge, going in a straight line along the western roads could have let you arrive barely with gas... but FT would have been faster, i haven't bought a Jeep yet, it seems cool, but so damn useless with 50 units of gas you can go around a lodge and the call a taxi, i don't say 100 is a must, but at least 70, at least enough to, like in your map, reach the other lodge, c'mon that is WH not even the biggest map, imagine what it take to go in zigzags placing stuff... a tent in the back pack and two good shoes still are superior for moving around, maybe not as fun as the jeep, but you cant run out gas at least.

I hope EW seriously reconsider the fuel consumption of the thing, i get the idea of sell gas as consumable, they need make a profit, ok its a business, but 50 units is very in the short end for paying members imho.
The very short end and very ridiculously over-priced gas for any enjoyment.
I think I just bought a show car,.. or show jeep that is......... :roll:
Well the 6 month membership deal was O.K. with also getting a Jeep. I usually just get a 3 month tour............ :D
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

gas56 wrote:

Convert units

Considering the mileage that it gets, I wouldn't doubt it :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

gas56 wrote:... I bought one to support the game..
Same here.

The jeep is fun, that's no doubt.

But I will never buy fuel for "real" money.

It's no hunting tool? That's okay, but then give us at least 100 at every hunt or make it FREE!

You will make us buy future vehicles (Snow mobile, boats, horses..)?

No problem, just reconsider your sale strategy with them and we are onboard.

MfG L.E.

Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

Yesterday I've used it for its meant purpose, and it was to set up my BRR map from scratch. I am rather hapoy with it, took some extra needed gear and managed to set up a couple of bait sites together with a tent place and one random deployable tower on the shore more north. All in all I could say that for this exact reason the jeep is perfect :) could be better with grip and torque though, but this is rather solvable by riding in reverse, because for some reason (like in most games with similar game engine) jeep drives way better in reverse :lol:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
gas56 wrote:

Convert units

Considering the mileage that it gets, I wouldn't doubt it :lol:
I did the math to figure out the size of a unit. It works out to 1 unit = 17.64 milliliters. (0.017641019 liters/unit or 17.641019 milliliters/unit)

Based on Gas' figures, the IRL Jeep gets an average of 20 mpg, which is equal to 8502.91 meters/liter.
So if the in-game jeep gets 150 meters/unit @ 20mpg it works out to being given the equivalent of 0.8820509 liters at the beginning of each hunt, or 7.5 km.
We should get at least one full tank every hunt. 50 units = only half a tank. It's not enough. We should get 15 km at least.

How about the price of fuel? IRL in Western Canada gas is about $0.90Cdn/liter = $4.50US/gal = $0.68US/liter = $0.012US/unit.
In-game fuel is cheapest in 100 unit tanks at 40em$, so: 40em$/100 units = approximately $0.40US/100 units = $0.004US/unit
It works out to about 1/3 of the price of IRL gas. A jeep is worth 25 tanks of gas. IRL, that'd be about $2K per tank. Better use gm$. ;)
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Bear in mind the extended spook & lousy fuel economy are mechanics introduced to reduce the likelihood of the Jeep being exploited. While the fuel economy does potentially open the door for additional monetization, I have significant doubts EW will realize any increase in revenue. Moreover I seriously doubt that was their original aim.

Tis the nature of society today, the honest folks pay a steeper price than the crooks.

Return to “General Chat”