Jeep Review

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Jeep Review

Post by Tod1d »

Yeh, I did the math real quick when it came out and figured (assumed) if the tank was ~14 gal (50l) (same as my 2007 Wrangler), it gets about 0.33 mpg.

But since the "unit" is arbitrary, the thing that really matters is how far will it go on a tank, and how much real $ you end up spending in fuel.

From a player's perspective, it would be nice if for 'normal' use (setting up equipment or travelling to a new hunting spot), it would not run out of fuel.
But, from EW perspective they need to make a little $ on the vehicle & fuel. Either way, it's a compromise. But it is kinda fun to drive :)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Tod is right, EW need to sell stuff, like extra fuel consumables, is a business so ok, but what it comes to my mind with the Jeep is, i already can buy camping supplies to FT, and since i have tents should i get some cheap cS and make FT while setting up a reserve? or should i spent in a Jeep and spend in extra fuel?, and what consumable run out faster? the Jeep fun factor cant be denied, but for practical use if it need consumables in the long run to be useful, can be better than a simple camping supplies and some tents? That is why i think a 70 or 100 units of fuel to start would make more sense, and probably would seal the deal for people like me that still see the potential fun in buying a Jeep, but don't want spent ems in something that may end being more a burden than a asset in long term when already are cheaper options, not to mention that walking even if boring have the advantage of still allow you hunt without penalties.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

In order to use fast travel you must first go to the location and put up a tent. If you are there setting up a tent you might as well set up your other equipment. And since you can't place feeders within 400 meters of a tent, the jeep would be the optimal means of getting to the location. So for the specific task of setting up maps the jeep even with the limited fuel should be the quickest way to do it, even if it took 2 loads to complete a map set up.

As a hunting aid the jeep isn't as productive, and probably can't be without creating some big exploits. Pretty much like the scent hound it is just another addition that a lot grab, and only some keep using.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Ya know, I would imagine I'm probably feeling a bit about the jeeps the way the old guard felt when tents, camping supplies and fast travel came into play. That was already here when I showed up and from the standpoint of some exploitation compared to what we see from this jeep? This is nothing compared to uproar the tenting system must have caused at the time. I almost imagine it was hell fire, fury and damnation. In a relative comparison to the game the jeep is really almost a nothing burger.

But I still have to state - I'm appalled at the carbon footprint - it's blasphemy how gawd awful it is in the consumption of natural resources (Now of course I understand this is all hogwash but I'm going to use it because it's not about the reality, it's about the perception of reality and it goes both ways~wouldn't want to be a hypocrite now would we???) :D :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Radamus wrote: I'm appalled at the carbon footprint - it's blasphemy how gawd awful it is in the consumption of natural resources

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

What's funny about that SS is I will always pass a Prius no matter how fast it's going just for the point of passing it :lol: - Out here with all the farmer boys they have this thing called "freight-training" or coal rolling... I'd never heard of it till recently but I can honestly say, I'm glad I didn't grow up in this era with all the diesel freaks and tuning and turbos and all that because I would've been a complete donkey with these abilities today :lol: I raised enough hell in my Pinto with a Cherry Bomb side pipe :lol:

"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Sure it's fun to drive,.. but how can anyone afford to drive it on such bad gas mileage.
Sure EW needs to make a profit but why invest in a feature that will not be fully utilized because it has so many restrictions applied on it
and the main reason is the very very short distance it can go on 100 units of gas or full tank @ 9 miles/14.48 Kilometers. The joke is definitely on us.
At this rate the full fuel tank must have a capacity of holding around a half gallon or 1.9 liters or 1892.7 milliliters of gasoline.
I wonder if I should put this in the Park Ranger Contest................. :lol:
Just a glance.....
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

I haven't bought the jeep and the fuel system is one of the biggest factors for that. I'm simply not paying for something I have such limited use of.

As much as I am not a big fan of the jeep, I may have considered it without the fuel mechanic. As it stands, I won't touch it. I know I am not alone in feeling that way.

If they introduce other transport (sleds on WRR) I won't touch them either if they have a fuel system.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

gas56 wrote: Just a glance.....
whoooaaaaaat :o :o :o :o :o :o filled up my work car with diesel today and it was something around 4,6$ per gallon, thats the price here in Lithuania :lol:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Jhon wrote:whoooaaaaaat :o :o :o :o :o :o filled up my work car with diesel today and it was something around 4,6$ per gallon, thats the price here in Lithuania :lol:
I filled up last night on way home from work - I'd tell you how much but I don't want to make you cry ... :P
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”