heavy recurve vs. traditional recurve power?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Dillakiller870
Spotter

heavy recurve vs. traditional recurve power?

Post by Dillakiller870 »

Quick question is the heavy recurve bow more powerful than the normal recurve bow?
-Thanks in advance
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: heavy recurve vs. traditional recurve power?

Post by BuiuRei »

Quick answer: yes.
Spoiler:
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Quick answer yes :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

BuiuRei wrote:Quick answer: yes.
thx
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

XxStrong1xX wrote:Quick answer yes :)
thx
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Keep in mind that the traditional curved bow is zeroed at 20 meters, the other at 10 meters.
In practice to hit a target 20 meters with the traditional curved bow you have to aim exactly at the center of the screen, while with the heavy curved bow you have to aim higher
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Is it only 10..? I aim more off the cuff, but I've had a bit over 1k heavy recurve bow kills now and it seemed accurate at center out to about 30. Maybe I just didn't notice, though! I've gotten pretty good at snap-shots "by eye" so I don't really think about it.

As far as power--I've not used the regular recurve but I can say the heavy recurve is very powerful. While I love the pin accuracy and range, and -quiet,- of the Parker Python, a single lung shot Whitetail can travel 300+ yards before downing. The Heavy Recurve will usually immediately kill. It's very strong, and my favorite weapon in the game.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

TheSheWolf wrote:Is it only 10..? I aim more off the cuff, but I've had a bit over 1k heavy recurve bow kills now and it seemed accurate at center out to about 30. Maybe I just didn't notice, though! I've gotten pretty good at snap-shots "by eye" so I don't really think about it.

As far as power--I've not used the regular recurve but I can say the heavy recurve is very powerful. While I love the pin accuracy and range, and -quiet,- of the Parker Python, a single lung shot Whitetail can travel 300+ yards before downing. The Heavy Recurve will usually immediately kill. It's very strong, and my favorite weapon in the game.
My monitor has a viewfinder positioned exactly in the middle of the screen, so I know exactly how many meters a weapon is centered on
obviously I'm talking about weapons that do not have a sight.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

fantamichele wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:Is it only 10..? I aim more off the cuff, but I've had a bit over 1k heavy recurve bow kills now and it seemed accurate at center out to about 30. Maybe I just didn't notice, though! I've gotten pretty good at snap-shots "by eye" so I don't really think about it.

My monitor has a viewfinder positioned exactly in the middle of the screen, so I know exactly how many meters a weapon is centered on
obviously I'm talking about weapons that do not have a sight.
Ahh, I don't use the screen center as I've no idea where that is :D I use the point right at the top of the arrow, I suppose, between the top/right head blades. For that, it's centered perfectly at 20 yards, with aiming a bit down at 10, and higher at 30.

What do you use/mean when you say viewfinder, when you mention your monitor? is that just a magnifier or an external program rangefinder or?
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

These things are zeroed?? :?

I gap shoot with all of them. I know roughly how far below the animal I need to aim (gap between arrow shaft & vitals) to hit out to 30m. It works great right up until I switch bows & "think" I know where to aim with the new one. To combat this I make it a practice to always hit the range before I hunt if I switch bows.

Back to the OP. Meh... Most will tell you its more powerful but for the game I usually hunt (elk & smaller) I see no real difference. They both always instakill if I did my part. I do however prefer the heavy recurve for no better reason than the sound. I dont care for the twang of the other recurve.

Return to “General Chat”