Sorry about my mini Rant.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Inkslinger98
Tracker

Sorry about my mini Rant.

Post by Inkslinger98 »

Yes I was a bit taken a back by the fact that as a guest hunter I have to pay for ammo every hunt for a weapon that I payed for but I do love this game. I have been reluctant for a long time to get into it, because Deer hunter 2004-05 and Trophy hunter 2003 were the only hunting games I've ever played that were any good. Cabela's ruined me. I am hooked on this one now. bought a membership yesterday.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Sorry about my mini Rant.

Post by Radamus »

Welcome! I've never played any of the other games out there and based on what I've seen looking at them and videos folks have shared over the years, I didn't miss a thing. I played as a guest for about 2 weeks and then I saw some vids by Hoo and Ron that was all it took, I was all in. Haven't regretted 1 cent I've dropped on this one.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

nothing wrong with being passionate. enjoy the game. have fun ! :D
Inkslinger98
Tracker

Post by Inkslinger98 »

I started playing COTW on Xbox and watching zaggies and flinters vids. really enjoying this game.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Welcome Inkslinger, and a good choice to go with a membership. It is a little strange at first coming from those other titles but in the end it is no different than buying the new version of the old game when they came out.
Radamus wrote:Welcome! I've never played any of the other games out there and based on what I've seen looking at them and videos folks have shared over the years, I didn't miss a thing. I played as a guest for about 2 weeks and then I saw some vids by Hoo and Ron that was all it took, I was all in. Haven't regretted 1 cent I've dropped on this one.
Actually at the time the deer hunters, trophy hunters and bird hunters were very good and the Hunter just had better graphics, so if you like this, you would have greatly enjoyed the others as well. When compared they don't hold up just like anything of an older version.

Actually they had things that we don't, like being able to zero in your weapons at the range you want. Customizable weapons, player map creation, full mount trophies for every animal you killed and more.

Things like B&C scoring, and tru-racs are only in the Hunter because of the earlier games had them as the Hunter didn't on conception.

But firing up one of those titles now after playing the hunter with it's graphic's you would be left disappointed.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “General Chat”