Feeling I Can't Shake..

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Feeling I Can't Shake..

Post by HooCairs »

mapache01 wrote:COTW income is just US$5 per reserve, how many we Classic clients invest/spend on a soley weapon/tools/new things?
I also thought CotW cannot nearly make as much money than Classic, but it was an investment into the future and seems to start working out as it seems.

According to VGChartz they have sold almost 300.000 copies by middle of June.
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/games.ph ... f+the+wild

Don't know how this is measured, but if the numbers are correct and every person spent, let's say 40 bucks on the game and some DLC's in average, they have earned 12 million with up to June, and certainly a bit more since. Also seeing how much of the income is from consoles, I don't wonder they reduce investments into the PC only Classic version.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Redmaster wrote:I'm not sure why, but recently within the last few months I can't help to feel that Classic is being shelved/sidelined in favor for COTW. Now before you call me a COTW fanboy or anything similar to that, I've been playing THC for 7 years already and have bought hundreds of dollars worth of EM's. It seems the attention they are paying to COTW in favor of Classic is starting to overall affect not just my chances of ever returning, but also a few friends I know. Here are some valid points that I have witnessed. The jeep in my opinion was a shamble put together "last big thing" for Classic, while COTW today in a twitter status update announced that "something new" is coming(likely a new reserve from the hints).
1. Letting go of the main communicator to THC(Alena) after she was promised a chance to return. Clearly a change in house when she came back
2. Giving the single most highly requested map/idea to COTW, while we get spoon fed and forced to accept on the Classic front that any hunting in Africa is "poaching."
3. Survey of the year. COTW got which animals/reserves/gear/features would you want to see? Classic got "so did ya like the Halloween event?" and that was it.
4.Already at a point of two years in development, COTW has a little over half the number species of Classic, which has taken nearly 10 years to get to the point it is.
5. Monetizing reserves was obviously the last big step they didn't think about for Classic, and every new reserve is a motivation for COTW to have a literal cash cow.

***Not really important: Giving COTW a much better Hirschfelden with Fallow deer and European Bison, the former being one of the most requested species for the last half dozen years.
Hey thanks for sharing your opinion with us all here,

Just a few things to note;

Point 1: Like Stan pointed out, Alena decided not to come back, there was a job here for her if she wanted it.

Point 3: That was not our survey of the year, the title clearly stated "Halloween Survey". This year's survey was already done and it will come again next year.

Point 5: Both have different payment models, so you can not really compare the two like this.

Overall, the road map for next year is nearly done and it is looking awesome... there are some very new and exciting things coming early next year.

We are not going anywhere!

TK
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Hi Mat, we believe you on the word ................... but a small advance would make us feel better :D
Lindhe

Post by Lindhe »

TreeKiwi wrote:We are not going anywhere!

TK
Good to hear. I've tried on three separate occations to get into COTW. But the clunky UI and the bad AI always send me back to classic.
Hunter Profile:
Spoiler:
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

cotw is for softies!!!!! Always a classic man and always will be, ever since 2013.
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

I own COTW and Classic......Spending my time/money right here in Classic!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

classic is the better game overall but at some point call of the wild will be the leading platform or only platform.we also have to remember how classic started.literally nothing in then content created for ten years. so imagine what call of the wild could be in 2 or 3 years. nevermind 10. you may get a better game in the end. call of the wild isnt even two years yet its got more content than classic had already .

it will be great to see a road map for classic yet thats been said before and never happened. as generally roadmaps can lead to expectations that arent for filled or met on time. hopefully lots of things for classic to come.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Never played COTW as my laptop probably wouldn't run it. It looks beautiful but very "arcadey" to me. I have always loved Classic and look forward to many more years with it. Can't wait to see what's in store for next year! :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
SUPERWEP7
Tracker

Post by SUPERWEP7 »

I play both Classic and Call of the Wild, and honestly I prefer this one over the new one. Sure the new one's pretty and has fancier grass, but this game just feels somehow more complete to me. It's all in the details, and with Classic, you can really feel the time and effort that's been spent over the years making it what it is.

I also like the statistics and record-keeping aspect of this game. Having the per-weapon and per-animal stats, and that lifetime statistics feature—all of that is very enjoyable to me. The in-game stats feature of CotW just doesn't do it for me, even when it works. Which it often doesn't.

As many have said, though, Classic is suffering from some age-related issues, but I don't think it's anything gangrenous that's gonna wind up bringing the thing down. I do think, though, that it'd be worth the effort in the long run to do a straight-up port to a newer engine. (Those of you with development experience just started cussin', I know, but hear me out.) I know that engine changes are a heck of a serious issue. Problems arise in engine changes that developers never expected to have to tackle, and it can be massively stressful.

Classic, though, fills an extremely unique niche in the video games market. With other games, games that have a wider user base, you can see the cycles. Game A gets popular, runs its course, then Game B, which is a completely different game from a completely different developer that just happens to be in the same genre, comes along and displaces Game A becoming the new champion for a short while before Game C comes along. With hunting games, though, that doesn't happen because, honestly, there just aren't as many of them. It's not as wide of a market. This is the best one there is, and from the looks of things, it's gonna continue being the best one for the foreseeable future—not only because it's good, but because there's no Game B on the horizon to even attempt to swoop in and kick the aging king out.

Engine swaps are a major pain and can drag on for absolute eternity sometime, but theHunter is in a unique position in that it's on top, and it's position on top isn't really threatened, so the developers have more time to approach the task, tackling those issues as they arise, and eventually producing a product that retains all the delicious detail of the original, but served on a newer platform that can keep up with the sweeping trends in technology and hopefully reach new audiences as we move into the future.

As the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The model works, the mechanics work. Just need to swap out the plugs, wires, distributor cap, maybe a transmission pan gasket and some new oil, and this thing'll run for quite some time yet.
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

You can attack me for that but COTW is didnt worth to me no reasons to play with it after lvl60 no competition no gallery no leaderboard its an arcade its never been a simulator some way its realistic you need a very Strong pc to run at maximum and i cant even say the graphics is nice because it washed and the same pay to play content come in months and if i need to pay to enjoy the game than i rather pay to Classic its much more realistic graphics still good could be a little better maybe reskining some ugly animal and at this moment on steam 850 player plays on steam so lets double this because of the launcher so its 1700 and at the moment call of the Wild have also 1700 players on steam and if im right its only buyable on steam COTW is made for console not for pc Classic can be a very very good game if the devs listen much more to the community but as i see they listen more to us this time and also cotw didnt have much update like Classic got COTW is almost 2y old and the 2nd halloween event is also missed so thats mean to me its Will end soon Classic 10y old almost and im sure its got more active players than COTW and COTW has much more irritating bugs than Classic and In Classic you always can learn some new thing even if you are pro

Return to “General Chat”