Feeling I Can't Shake..

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Feeling I Can't Shake..

Post by SoftShoe »

BCKidd wrote:Trust me I get what folks are sayin' on here. But, after reading all the POVs about how terrible this game is gettin', it gets pretty redundant. I'm jus' sayin'... ;) Respect.

BCKidd.
That is my feeling as well. Y'all may or may not have noticed I dont visit or post as often as I used to. The reality is I am playing Classic more of late then I have in some time but I am just not coming here as much. The reason is simple, I am tired of the petty & pissy attitudes. I used to argue with them but for some of the people its like mud wrestling a pig. After awhile I realize they like it so I chose not to engage. When I do visit I avoid the threads that I know have a high sodium content because they will just **** me off.

As I see it, the facts regarding Classic are clear.
1) It is STILL the finest hunting game currently available, warts & all.
2) The long standing bugs we have are not likely going away.
3) While Classic is without doubt in the winter of its years, it does still have plenty of life left so long as we dont kill it.

I think many lose sight of #1 because of long standing issues with some bugs. Instead of accepting they exist they are outrage they exist at all. They need to accept #2 & get over it or themselves, whichever is most applicable. If they do not their dissent will grow & those less stalwart or weak of mind will start to buy into the sewage they are shoveling & lead to #3.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Trust me I get what folks are sayin' on here. But, after reading all the POVs about how terrible this game is gettin', it gets pretty redundant. I'm jus' sayin'... ;) Respect.

BCKidd.
I agree. Too many doom and gloom threads.
Let's not kill it off before it's ready to go.
Exactly my point. ;) Peace.
P*Funk wrote:There's a sort of self indulgence in the regularity and assurance of the more cynical gloomers. Even when there's something listed like "extended render range" its spun as a negative, where even if something is added that seems to have no real financial purpose its still not good enough. Kind of seems like the doom and gloom is a fixed mentality in some cases.
So true. ;) Peace.
SoftShoe wrote:

BCKidd.
That is my feeling as well. Y'all may or may not have noticed I dont visit or post as often as I used to. The reality is I am playing Classic more of late then I have in some time but I am just not coming here as much. The reason is simple, I am tired of the petty & pissy attitudes. I used to argue with them but for some of the people its like mud wrestling a pig. After awhile I realize they like it so I chose not to engage. When I do visit I avoid the threads that I know have a high sodium content because they will just **** me off.

As I see it, the facts regarding Classic are clear.
1) It is STILL the finest hunting game currently available, warts & all.
2) The long standing bugs we have are not likely going away.
3) While Classic is without doubt in the winter of its years, it does still have plenty of life left so long as we dont kill it.

I think many lose sight of #1 because of long standing issues with some bugs. Instead of accepting they exist they are outrage they exist at all. They need to accept #2 & get over it or themselves, whichever is most applicable. If they do not their dissent will grow & those less stalwart or weak of mind will start to buy into the sewage they are shoveling & lead to #3.
Couldn't have said this better SS. Exactly how it is too. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

This post sounds like the other post of the other post of another post.
Isn't just one post enough?
Or just put everything together and you got one big post instead of a bunch of different titles.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Alena decision made me think about this game future..
COTW release is for sure made everything turn around.

Also i believe Halloween event screwed everything :X
And without thinking i will go to vacation too..
Redmaster
Scout

Post by Redmaster »

When you think about it....it's odd that they released a survey with a question for COTW in early November with an option for a "Patagonia" preserve.

It's almost as if they somehow managed to pop out Parque Fernando in a damned month.
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Redmaster wrote:When you think about it....it's odd that they released a survey with a question for COTW in early November with an option for a "Patagonia" preserve.

It's almost as if they somehow managed to pop out Parque Fernando in a damned month.
Or alternatively we wanted to make sure we weren't going to invest a further month in a lost cause? ;) We were aware that Patagonia was a popular choice already from the 2017 survey. The glass isn't ALWAYS half-empty folks!
neonpossum
Tracker

Post by neonpossum »

I play both COTW (PS4) and Classic. I much prefer Classic, but it might be because playing COTW on a PS4 is kinda tricky (keyboard support and actual photos saving to gallery PLEASE!!) But I've been playing Classic for 4 years (casually but still) and it's still my favourite.

But I've had the same feeling lately about Classic basically going downhill and/or being abandoned. It's actually caused me to put more hours into COTW because I'm afraid Classic is just going to end one day and leave a bitter feeling in my mouth. COTW is getting entire reserves with rosters of new animals while Classic just seems to be getting reskins and never anything the community asked for. Considering Classic is largely funded by our memberships and us purchasing em$ I feel that users should have a bigger input.

I really hope that if COTW does take over and become the main game for theHunter 'franchise', it adds a lot of the features that made Classic so popular. Right now it's too arcadey and I know that's to appeal to a wider audience, but in the end hunting games are niche too. I know the devs are allegedly working on truRACs, trophy lodges and such.

I know people have mentioned these before but some things I'd like to see in COTW:

- Competitions!
- A higher level cap
- Dogs! Hunting ducks would be even more fun!
- Loadouts
- More variety of small game (no rabbits or pheasants on Hirsch feels weird)
- Horses would be amazing. Yeah I've been playing RDR2
- Non-typicals
- More bug fixes for missions etc

Console specific:
- Better UI optimisation for console, it's hard to see what you're doing without sitting close to the TV
- Keyboard and mouse support for console (I miss my hot keys so much :( )
- Make the camera actually take screenshots on console, this feels like a basic thing that should have been implemented!

Overall after reading the comments here, I would not mind too much if COTW took over as the 'main' game in the future, even though I've spent hundreds on Classic and now it feels like I'm paying for it's retirement home. But it certainly needs a lot of work. It looks amazing; so many times I just have to stop and admire the view! If I think in the way that maybe I helped fund COTW, it seems worth it. My partner doesn't play hunting sims but even he is like WOW when I play, just because of the environments.
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

I've always heard that money talks, or the old phrase 'put your money where your mouth is' . I have spent $2844.42 USD in the store since I purchased Classic and have a membership extended ahead over the next five years or so. I own COTW and every DLC, only to keep it up to date in case a miracle happens. I would not spend additional money in COTW via micro transactions like I do in Classic, nor would I pay a membership. Pretty looks don't make the value.

I get adrenaline rushes in Classic, boredom in COTW.

When I log into Classic, I play at least 4 real life hours. IF I log into COTW I might play for twenty minutes, and most of that is taking screen shots. Yet I purchased COTW before Classic. COTW in my opinion, was a way to reach the console crowd, which currently is the main goal of just about every gaming company right now. Games suffer from this cross platform outreach at the UI and AI level.
Spoiler:

mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

What I really don't like of COTW is the slowness to find/track/shot a good trophy, also the time to take a animal to die, some days ago I shot a Gemsbok with 7mm rifle I shot where hit box should be lung, no vital hit I track it like 1 hour, in that time 2 more got in the way and shot it on same place with Cbow both die more less 150mts from where I shot em, the first one I lost interest and after tracking it for more than 2kms en exit the game, on same place with 7mm rifle on Classic tan animal like a Red Deer will be dead after 1km.

Another thing I really don't have: is REAL time to spend hunting trophies on COTW to gain money, on the same amount of time on TheHunter Classic i shot like 10 more trophies than COTW, so yes I'm really impatient and don't want to spend lot of hours hunting just birds to gain money because the kind of trophies I want to shot just take forever to show/shot and collect, and without that I cannot buy more, tent, weapons, accessories and build towers, also the "skill to unblock scopes/weapons/tools" I'm just not fan of those kind of things, that kind of game to arcade for me.

I really miss so many features of the classic on COTW and yes I just prefer to buy game coins with real money to unblock and buy accessories, if that feature ever introduce on COTW I'm in, for now I play some couple minutes get bore and exit and play another game.

Another thing i really hate of COTW is NO MATTER WHAT RIFLE YOU USE, every time you shot an animal looks like you're firing with a MUZZLOADER, you lost completely the sight of trophy shot 'cus the amount of smoke to much and the recoil is like you shot a Barret rifle without compensator, so no time to reload and place a 2nd shot of trophy fleeing or another animal.

Just bought last month a fishing game on Steam I really enjoy it, took me just 3 days to earn enough money fishing Salmon and Trout to bought better reels, bigger hooks, lines, rod and license for 3 more places to fish bigger fish, the real challenge is fishing Marlin with the rod/line you have on medium level, but more entertaining than COTW searching and shooting animals to gain money and skill to level up.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Call of the Wild What's that :( :lol:
I will always be a TH hunter have been from day one back 10 ago years now ;)
Started as a tester in 2008 and loved this game Still do.
PS not a tester any more took up to much of my time instead of playing game.

Return to “General Chat”