"Mythical" reindeer

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Cashole42
Spotter

"Mythical" reindeer

Post by Cashole42 »

Went out on a hunt to find Rudolph, but it looks like I'm going to get the other eight before I find him at this rate. I got a dappled cow marked mythical and my friend got two dapples marked mythical in the same hunt. Seven more to go for me, and then I gotta find that little red nosed sucker so I can get a whole set.

Glitch or just some fun? They are awfully pretty.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/cash ... /627808297
xOEDragonx

Re: "Mythical" reindeer

Post by xOEDragonx »

They had dark colored reindeer last year labeled as a "beast" variation during the holiday event so I assume "mythical" are the new "beasts." I believe it's just another fun holiday event related skin.

This is a beast from last year. Sorry it's in the tree's shadow, but you can still see how abnormally dark it is:

Hunt_Training
Tracker

Re: "Mythical" reindeer

Post by Hunt_Training »

Thank you for the explanation, xOEDragonx.
I have got a Mythical Reindeer, too, but I haven't realized what it was... I would have taken a picture, even if I have understood they are not considered neither fur variations nor Rare. It's too bad that the immediate popup window for an harvest does not report the Type of the animal.

By the way, it seems the thumbnail picture for Mythical Reindeers (at least for females) is missing or not linked: only the icon showing "broken icon" appaired in my Statistics > Last Hunt (and I have seen the same also for somebody else).
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”