Some stats on the Holiday Event 2018

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Reaperis

Some stats on the Holiday Event 2018

Post by Reaperis »

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but I wanted to share some of my stats after having grinded like crazy in a jeep today and why I think Collectables are broken :)
As some of you may know to get the final tier reward from this event required a whopping 800 000 Present$, out of which you can get 420 000 from participating in Missions (11) / Competitions (10) each granting 20 000 for completion / participation.
That leaves 380 000 left to grind out from either presents or kills, however this is where I think it just goes completely holy sh*t *** batman on us.
There are 22 days in this event, that means you need to earn 17272 Present$ per day from the start, that's the equivalent of 1727 land animal kills per day (10 per animal) or which is why i posted this, farm presents.

Here's what i had to do to get 20502 Present$ in a day: (Which should put me on nr 1 on the leaderboard at the time of writing this, but nr 1 (CroKingLaci) and 2 (Francis95) seem to be bugged and gained a 20k random boost in a span of 20m, if I'm wrong about that then I apologise in advance but afaik there's no way to gain 20k in that span of time)

(Based these stats on my hunt history, i cannot check per hunt since pages are bugged)

Time spend driving around: 7 hours (Raw playtime, I took no breaks during the sessions only between)
Distance driven: 168.75 km (Used up the 50 free fuel each time which is 7.5km, counted a single short hunt of 8 min as half that)
Collectables gathered: 558 (Subtracted 15 due to grabbing a few sheds/mushrooms at the start before realising the hunt specific stats were broken, and then stopped picking them up)
Present$ earned: 20502 (Got 1 golden worth 1000 and 1 silver worth 127)
Average Present$ per gift: 36.74
Average Present$ per minute: 48.81

Now this is where I think it gets completely messed up, to get anywhere near those amounts of Present$ in kills you'd need this:

Land kills per minute: 4.88
Land kills per hour: 292.86

Bird kills per minute: 9.76
Bird kills per hour: 585.36

Which I think is absolutely ludicrous, I don't think anyone can even pull off those kinda numbers, but please correct me if I'm wrong :)
Now I know some of you may be thinking when you are hunting you will also run into presents.
Sure, but even assuming you'd be running at full sprint you'd still be what? 1/3rd the speed of a car or so? (I'm not sure on the player max run speed's kmph) and you still have to harvest and all that, let's then assume generously and say 50% the speed of a car and no time lost on harvests and say you only need:

Land kills per minute: 2.44
Land kills per hour: 146.34

Bird kills per minute: 4.88
Bird kills per hour: 292.86

I still think this is completely off, Collectables should be in addition to hunting not in place of hunting.
I believe during the Vehicle reveal Dev stream EW commented jokingly that this is still a hunting game not a driving simulator when asked about cars, so then it baffles me that this comp seems to favour vehicles so much, unless the purpose of it is to drive Jeep sales, pun intended :)
I'd suggest making the presents worth like 10 to 20% of what they are right now, otherwise all this event will be about is who can spend 12+ hours a day driving around.

Disclaimers:
I already have all of the items from the bundles, so they are worthless to me, I'm only interested in the Scout rifle, whether by store or comp, I figured I'd add the stats for those who do want the bundles.
I'm not too fussed about what placement I'll get, I posted this more so since I have no interest in doing what I did today for another 21 days, I'd probably use that Scout rifle to shoot myself ;) /s
I really enjoy these long events I think they are great but these Collectable focused comps are worse than last years Ibex grinding, The game has a large variety so why make us grind one specific thing over and over in meta comps.
If any of my math is off please feel free to correct me, I double checked but it's late and when I close my eyes all I can see is gifts and a Jurassic park jeep ^^

Now maybe it'll stay this way for the entire event, in which case might I suggest the top 3 also recieve a Garbage Truck skin for their Jeeps, as they will have really kept the EHR nice and clean from all the garbage laying around :) (I bet it's Doc littering all over with gifts.)

Edit: I forgot to add that along with the 10 to 20% reduction on gifts i'd also reduce the Tier requirements, which would be even more impossible for most players with a reduction in Present value.
Rozete
Tracker

Re: Some stats on the Holiday Event 2018

Post by Rozete »

thanks for the post!
by your math 800k are out of my reach, sadly. run&gun&collect can earn me ~1k/h.. as much i desire legendary bundle, it just seems like hellish effort. and im not even sure will i be able to complete all the missions/competitions, because of specifics - maybe they will require weapon i dont have or something..
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Rozete wrote: and im not even sure will i be able to complete all the missions/competitions, because of specifics - maybe they will require weapon i dont have or something..
This link https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=78414 was made to either ask help in completing missions and or offering help to ones in needs .I would not mind helping you out in time of needs , if i have free times . Just ask on that thread and one will give his help for sure . Good luck .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I think your math says it all. It's going to be an ugly grind fest for eveyone who's just looking for collectables, but going for the prize bundles of this event with actual hunting is impossible. In a hunting game...

I know that the devs, the ones actually doing the work, probably were the last ones who wanted that - obviously they put a lot of effort into all those comps, missions and the Christmas decoration. But they should've been able to do the same math that the OP just did, long before the event started. They should've realized it wasn't well balanced this way. They should've taken recent feedback from the community seriously and should have gotten rid of the collectable grind. They could have used them for a mission set or a small reward as it used to be in the past - I think we could win a tower or something by getting some collectables in past events. The could have toned down the value of the collectables so that hunting is at least an alternative to collecting.

But I agree with what Jimbo said in a different thread: if it needed one more proof that some people on the management level don't give a hoot about our opinions, we have that proof now.
Image Image Image
nature9
Spotter

Post by nature9 »

I really hope that devs read this post and lower the limits :D Thanks Reaperis for this information!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

nature9 wrote:I really hope that devs read this post and lower the limits :D Thanks Reaperis for this information!
Either that or the amount of Present$ that you get by harvesting animals should be increased significantly.

Let's not forget that finally we can win something with a really big value, the bundles are worth a lot of em$, so it should be a challenge to get them. Still it shouldn't require a player to grind for 18+ hours each day and, as I said before, it should be mostly about quality hunting, not grinding collectables.

We'll see what happens. Sorry for my negative previous post, but sometimes I can just shake my head when I see game design decisions like these...
Image Image Image
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Sorry for my negative previous post, but sometimes I can just shake my head when I see game design decisions like these...
Yes, a lot of negative posts from you lately, although things are the same as they have always been. Even after all those years you sound like they are supposed to make the game to please us, at the cost of their revenue. They make the game to please their shareholders. You no like the event, play the game without bothering about the event then. I mean you yourself said that to others in the past (correct me if I am wrong). ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HooCairs wrote:You no like the event, play the game without bothering about the event then. I mean you yourself said that to others in the past (correct me if I am wrong). ;)
You're right, I shouldn't bother too much. There's still a lot of stuff to do in this game for those who don't like the event.
HooCairs wrote:Even after all those years you sound like they are supposed to make the game to please us, at the cost of their revenue. They make the game to please their shareholders.
I wasn't aware I sounded like that in "all those years". :? But if that was the case, I'm sorry - I didn't intend to and I always knew that design decisions were business decisions in the first place.
Image Image Image
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I wasn't aware I sounded like that in "all those years". :? But if that was the case, I'm sorry - I didn't intend to and I always knew that design decisions were business decisions in the first place.
No I meant after all those year here, you now sound like... meaning you should know better. No offence intended. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

HooCairs wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Sorry for my negative previous post, but sometimes I can just shake my head when I see game design decisions like these...
Yes, a lot of negative posts from you lately, although things are the same as they have always been. Even after all those years you sound like they are supposed to make the game to please us, at the cost of their revenue. They make the game to please their shareholders. You no like the event, play the game without bothering about the event then. I mean you yourself said that to others in the past (correct me if I am wrong). ;)
Actually Tann, I like your posts. They're honest and state perfectly valid criticisms of questionable one-sided decision making. Things are NOT the same as they've always been, they're getting worse than they've ever been.

Hoo, with all due respect, you don't think the scale has tipped toward scavenger hunting in these events lately? You believe this is all entirely consistent with it being primarily a hunting game? You don't see any difference at all in the direction these event decisions are taking the game? Seriously? It's still not time to speak up yet? You should know better.
Last edited by JimboCrow on November 30th, 2018, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Chat”