Some stats on the Holiday Event 2018

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Some stats on the Holiday Event 2018

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I'm just thinking out loud here. Does anyone realize you are talking about this great prize, and it has a value of $18 USD. If you smoke, that is gone in three days @ $5 a pack. If you drink, that is gone with one case of beer. If you watch Netflix, that is gone with a 2 month membership. Sometimes I just shake my head at the gullibility of people to marketing.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Shhhh, Stan! Over the years I spend hundreds of Euros on umpteen weapons to finish missions that got me gm$ worth... a few cents. :lol:
Image Image Image
Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Shhhh, Stan! Over the years I spend hundreds of Euros on umpteen weapons to finish missions that got me gm$ worth... a few cents. :lol:
completely, same hare :lol:
Rozete
Tracker

Post by Rozete »

250 per kill! excellent! im back on horse!
gooooood post, op!
DYEUZ wrote:
Rozete wrote: and im not even sure will i be able to complete all the missions/competitions, because of specifics - maybe they will require weapon i dont have or something..
This link https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=78414 was made to either ask help in completing missions and or offering help to ones in needs .I would not mind helping you out in time of needs , if i have free times . Just ask on that thread and one will give his help for sure . Good luck .
bookmarked, may come in handy, ty!
Spoiler:
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

Instead of making those prize bundles with items many players already have, at least part of them, they should have better given their value in em$. This would have been a much better incentive since it would have given all winners the possibility to get exactly what they want the most.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I'm just thinking out loud here. Does anyone realize you are talking about this great prize, and it has a value of $18 USD. If you smoke, that is gone in three days @ $5 a pack. If you drink, that is gone with one case of beer. If you watch Netflix, that is gone with a 2 month membership. Sometimes I just shake my head at the gullibility of people to marketing.
I don't see a problem with the value of the prizes offered. At the end of the day, I paid a lump sum of money for a subscription and all I'm guaranteed from that is access to reserves, the freedom to shoot whatever and replenishing ammo. Nothing else is promised with this game in the slightest and they are in no way obligated to give anything extra. Holiday events are not a guarantee, but a bonus. Anything they offer for free, no matter the value, is a bonus. For some that's worth being happy about. $18 means a lot more to some than others. I'm not out to judge anyone.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

xOEDragonx wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:I'm just thinking out loud here. Does anyone realize you are talking about this great prize, and it has a value of $18 USD. If you smoke, that is gone in three days @ $5 a pack. If you drink, that is gone with one case of beer. If you watch Netflix, that is gone with a 2 month membership. Sometimes I just shake my head at the gullibility of people to marketing.
I don't see a problem with the value of the prizes offered. At the end of the day, I paid a lump sum of money for a subscription and all I'm guaranteed from that is access to reserves, the freedom to shoot whatever and replenishing ammo. Nothing else is promised with this game in the slightest and they are in no way obligated to give anything extra. Holiday events are not a guarantee, but a bonus. Anything they offer for free, no matter the value, is a bonus. For some that's worth being happy about. $18 means a lot more to some than others. I'm not out to judge anyone.
Of course it does, but $18 can't mean so much that you will spend countless hours doing nothing else. After all, the $18 can only be spent on the game. It's not like you're getting money for groceries.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

stancomputerhunter wrote: Of course it does, but $18 can't mean so much that you will spend countless hours doing nothing else. After all, the $18 can only be spent on the game. It's not like you're getting money for groceries.
My point of originally commenting in this thread was that I was glad EW changed their numbers required to win these prizes to something more reasonable so that people aren't spending "countless hours." As Reaperis stated, the original numbers would have required people to play roughly 7 or so hours a day to reach that $18 bundle prize. Now THAT'S ridiculous. That's literally almost a full time job in the US to receive the biggest bundle prize. With the changes, the time one needs to play to earn the same prize has dropped significantly. 70ish kills a day is not unreasonable for someone who really wants the prize and is going to play the game anyway. I know I could probably do that in 2 hours or less if I really try. You just make it sound like literally the only reason people are participating in the event is to desperately earn some $18 prize. That's hardly the case for me anyway. I'm going to be participating because I was going to play anyway, partaking in the missions and comps because I think they're kinda fun, and if I play enough, I get a freebie prize too. That's all there is to it for most. I'm not convinced there's anyone out there sitting behind their computer screen right now thinking that it's a heck of a deal that they absolutely just need to get. I think there are however, people like me who may have liked the top bundle prize because it contained something they didn't have yet and they're now glad to see that it's no longer almost impossible for a regular working person to earn with normal gameplay.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Lets not lose sight that there are plenty of people out there that will gladly spend that time for no better reason than to know they won.

There was a time in my life when I gladly wasted my time. Since then my time has become precious making me far more likely to waste my money to save me time.

Rozete
Tracker

Post by Rozete »

Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:
Of course it does, but $18 can't mean so much that you will spend countless hours doing nothing else. After all, the $18 can only be spent on the game. It's not like you're getting money for groceries.
its means to progress in game. acquiring gear via missions/events/competitions is more challenging. a bit of a struggle and grind too, but theres fun for some, instead of buying stuff and pumping hunterscore or whatever one wants to pump showing off his inventory :D
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”