Jeep in WRR

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Zurvivalist

Jeep in WRR

Post by Zurvivalist »

Last night a friend and I spent a few hours in WRR after figuring out we could spawn the jeeps in .
TBH here .. we tested everything we could think of . So heres what I figured out

* Herding Bison ,moose,sheep .. You can basically forget about this .. they run in all directions and will change direction randomly. As hard as we tried with two jeeps ,. we could not control where they went .

* top speed of jeep is equal to that of the fleeing animal or slower .. so running them down .. chasing , and so on is very difficult . considering they dont slow down on every hill , or smack into trees constantly .. like you will

* if you finally do manage to hit , or run over an animal .. it has no effect at all . you will simply push the animal around for a second .,, as it continues to run away .

* spook radius seems to be over 200 meters ... which seems a bit too far on open maps.. let alone wooded maps ... Ideally you should be able to get atleast close enough to spot a few animals ., then get out and track them . I think 100m tops would make a lot of people happier

*Animals in Spook status as others have reported is bugged .. some animals will return to idle quickly . while others get locked into it .. On a few occasions . i stopped the jeep once i got close to a running bison ., and then watched him run away over open area to measure the distance . some would go idle after 90 meters.. while others bugged and never stopped running around , they were locked in spook status ..

* The heaters do work in the jeep . we tested .. you wont freeze in the jeep if you dont have winter gear.. but you do get cold when you exit ..

*The jeep did make hunting on WRR easier only in the sense that i could travel a little faster .. the method however was still very ethical.. drive till i see herd at distance ., get out . make long range shot.. drive to pick up... this is the same method i use on foot while running .. the Jeep did not provide any clear advantage that we could find . other than a time saver . And in many ways caused more problems than it solved.. by occasionally spooking animals we didnt see or the jeep sliding down the hill when you get out to pick up an animal forcing you to chase it down .. but hey .. ice ...

The point is .. We could not find any real reason the Jeep should not be allowed on WRR .. it actually brought back a lot of fun on a tired old map I rarely use anymore . Unless you plan to eventually bring out a snow mobile just for WRR ....... which is just dumb...The jeep on WRR is basically the same as running from herd to herd .. just with faster speed and a higher spook radius as a trade off .
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Re: Jeep in WRR

Post by Bumblewoot »

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we can keep using the Jeep on WRR and cow land. I think the main reason they said they would not work is because there are no roads to respawn the Jeep if it has an incident.

I agree. The hunting is basically the same as hunters running around. It's just faster and more storage.

I am getting calls when driving on other maps from animals at 150m or so that have not spooked. Interesting your experience is 200m.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Today's patch makes your entire post moot.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Today's patch makes your entire post moot.

The Jeep is moot.
Thanks, ~Jeff

22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

IMHO I think not allowing the Jeep on Whiterime is a mistake. If the only reason is that there are no roads to respawn it on then I think they should allow us to deal with that consequence should we choose to. ;)
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

imo WRR is the #1 reserve that needs the Jeep. Takes so long to run around and set stuff up.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Bumblewoot wrote:imo WRR is the #1 reserve that needs the Jeep. Takes so long to run around and set stuff up.

I may be wrong but this is how i see the thing:

People(not everyone) want the Jeep, people get the Jeep but cant use where it could be very useful, in WRR, still people buy the Jeep wanting drive some day in WRR, and so a "need" is created, then after some months when a lot of Jeeps are sold, a snow vehicle is implemented for WRR to respond to the "need", people has purchased a Jeep and since they "need" drive in WRR like in other reserves now must buy a new vehicle, marketing is about selling stuff, and to sell stuff you need to create a need for that stuff even if the need is not real, like in this case.

Its also possible that there was a real technical reason why the Jeep couldn't work in WRR, maybe it can be deployed and all else, but maybe there was someway to make an exploit in that reserve, or a specific bug that players didn't notice because it was available in WRR for only 1 day, not enough to test it to the bottom to be honest.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Eva999
Spotter

Post by Eva999 »

22SAS_Wimp wrote:IMHO I think not allowing the Jeep on Whiterime is a mistake. If the only reason is that there are no roads to respawn it on then I think they should allow us to deal with that consequence should we choose to. ;)
Maybe they have a snowmobile in the works.
Zurvivalist

Post by Zurvivalist »

Eva999 wrote:
22SAS_Wimp wrote:IMHO I think not allowing the Jeep on Whiterime is a mistake. If the only reason is that there are no roads to respawn it on then I think they should allow us to deal with that consequence should we choose to. ;)
Maybe they have a snowmobile in the works.

could just let us spawn it anywhere .. not just on the roads ..
banning the use of a map to allow for a later vehicle is stupid .. could just make the snow mobile a little faster . or some other minor perk to give advantage over the jeeps .
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

Ok spill the beans EW. We know the Jeep works in WRR, so why not allow it?

Return to “General Chat”