How long do you need to wait after spooking an animal in with the park ranger?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
CapnQuint
Tracker

How long do you need to wait after spooking an animal in with the park ranger?

Post by CapnQuint »

The description says until it stops fleeing you can't kill it but when I was test driving that didn't seem to be the case. I had gotten out of the vehicle a minute ago when an elk cow called. It didn't seem to be spooked and I never saw it while driving and it came to me when I called it in so I assumed it wasn't spooked. However, when I shot it I got an unethical kill. Is there an exact length of time you need to wait or can they be harvested at all?
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Re: How long do you need to wait after spooking an animal in with the park ranger?

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

good question was wondering the same thing Quint
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: How long do you need to wait after spooking an animal in with the park ranger?

Post by XxStrong1xX »

They are some guys testing it over on Discord in MP and they are reporting that it spooks pretty much every animal on the map and they stay spooked for about 15 minutes real time.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

XxStrong1xX wrote:They are some guys testing it over on Discord in MP and they are reporting that it spooks pretty much every animal on the map and they stay spooked for about 15 minutes real time.
hope they fix that for sure :shock:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

XxStrong1xX wrote:They are some guys testing it over on Discord in MP and they are reporting that it spooks pretty much every animal on the map and they stay spooked for about 15 minutes real time.
Well, that will give them time to go place some equipment !! ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

DYEUZ wrote:Well, that will give them time to go place some equipment !! ;)
Exactly! lol That is obviously all this jeep was designed to do. ;)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

When an animal stops fleeing it enters a nervous state, and stays in that state for a fixed period of time. I expect that when an animal is spooked by the vehicle, shooting it any time during the fleeing or nervous state will result in an unethical kill.

I can't remember exactly how long the nervous state lasts, but it's probably around 10 minutes, at least. Personally I think this is a good restriction from the point of view of game balance, but like I said in another thread, the downside is that it removes purpose from the vehicles. You can't use them to hunt. They're basically a quick way to get about and completely disrupt a map.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

There is obviously a problem with the length of time animals remain spooked by the vehicle for. I put away the jeep over an hour in game time, and several kilometers away, before I killed a Red Fox on Hirsch. It was disqualified and Doc hit me up with a snotgram. I had killed several pheasants in the meantime in the same area. I did, however, still have the keys in my pocket and the jeep in my inventory. Maybe something to do with that? :?:

I'm going to another area of the map where I never went with the vehicle, across the bridge to the south. We shall see.

EDIT: After I fast travelled to Mullerwaldhutte my trail/path stopped being recorded on the HunterMate map. I can see where I've been all over the north side of Hirsch, but there is only my triangle cursor on the south side and I've been walking for awhile. I'm incognito but my distance is still increasing correctly on the HunterMate Total.

SECOND EDIT: After three in-game hours of walking around I came back to the north side, and saw a group of Wild Boar in which all four pigs were "Spooked by jeep." So it's not clearing after the animals have been spooked, at least Red Fox and Wild Boar are not.
Last edited by JimboCrow on November 28th, 2018, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Nervous state always seemed to be 15min game-time, or 7.5 real minutes. Maybe the jeep is more but that's what the normal spook has been.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

30 + Minutes so far, still spotting animals after 35 minutes, they are walking straight to me but marked as Spooked by Jeep.
Thanks, ~Jeff

Return to “General Chat”