Happy 10th birthday to the forums!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Jhon
Hunter

Re: Happy 10th birthday to the forums!

Post by Jhon »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
ronMctube wrote:game came out to public in march. so my 10 years is in march.
Well, his account is exactly 10 years old. Sounds like he did some testing, so I guess the forum was created before the game was released and it was used to gather alpha/beta testing feedback.

Congrats to ten years, Tony! The member list says you're the second oldest user, after some "admin". :P
As far as I know you are correct, the game was in a test stage since november 2008 (correct me if I'm wrong) before beeing released to public
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yes there was some alpha beta testing before going public. im sure there is a few of them about still :D
Tony

Post by Tony »

Jhon wrote:As far as I know you are correct, the game was in a test stage since november 2008 (correct me if I'm wrong) before beeing released to public
I guess we had at least a limited number of public users 10 years ago as I do remember that the request for a forum was urgent to improve communication - and I had it up and running in a few hours after a quick check of what forum software was available at the time. I was mostly responsible for sysadmining the original game servers for Emote Games who had a team that developed the server software with Avalanche responsible for the pc game client software.

I handed over the original forum admin account along with the servers to Avalanche when they took over the running of the game, they were kind enough to leave this account alive as a regular user.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
ronMctube wrote:game came out to public in march. so my 10 years is in march.
Well, his account is exactly 10 years old. Sounds like he did some testing, so I guess the forum was created before the game was released and it was used to gather alpha/beta testing feedback.

Congrats to ten years, Tony! The member list says you're the second oldest user, after some "admin". :P
That is correct, Marc. The forum was live before the game. There are forum members here who joined in 2008.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well, Happy birthday forum :D did anyone ten years ago imagine that we would be celebrating a decade? is quite the big mark for a online game, and its good to see this has been and still is one of the best forum communities that i have belong, some people is no longer around, some new people has come, the circle of life i guess, i hope we can celebrate a 15 years old forum in the future...mmmm a teenager forum, maybe better to not xD

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the public release was 5 March 2009 .
NAOutdoors
Master Hunter

Post by NAOutdoors »

ronMctube wrote:yes there was some alpha beta testing before going public. im sure there is a few of them about still :D
In the shadows, Yes 8-)

Emote didn't unlock the forum doors until the 27th for the public to register. ;)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

cheers NA :D nice to see you still about . ;)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Pretty impressive! I'm coming up on my 5 yr in a month so I've been here for the last half of it and I can't recall anything that's grabbed my attention like this game has upon finding it one cold and snowy day in dec 2013.

I think BnB Chuck was part of this thing back in 08' as well???

And Looky there, NA is still watching over :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

NAOutdoors wrote: In the shadows, Yes 8-)
Hey, there you are!! Nice to see you're at least lurking ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “General Chat”