Did you see the new vehicle stream?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
FOCRJ
Spotter

Re: Did you see the new vehicle stream?

Post by FOCRJ »

jeep very good, but I was sad to not see an announcement of a new reservation, or is very well kept!?!?!?!
mcroo

Post by mcroo »

I can`t find reason for jeep in theHunter. The reservations are too small enough and this might compromise selling of tents. Bad for the game and not something that I will buy.
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

So I have just watched the full vehicle stream and I have some more thoughts that I want to share:

1. Charging us, no doubt, 4 figures for the jeep then adding a fuel mechanic is lunacy. The jeep could be decent if I could use it however I wished but the small fuel reserve and the em$ charge is ridiculous. Totally kills the functionality of it never mind feels like a nickel and dime scheme.

2. They state the speed is about 40kph. I have a dog that can run that fast. Watching them crawl around Hirschfelden was so odd: it just doesn't seem any more convenient than fast travelling. I'm not asking to be able to do 120kph but 40 is about 30mph which is laughably slow. I'm going to reiterate: I have a lurcher that would outrun it.

3. The lights don't work, no first person view, can't be used on all maps, only 2 in mp, can't shoot from the jeep, animals spooked by it are unethical....jeez guys what is good about it!?

4. Another thing I thought was odd is the extra capacity. That's a good idea but it's 20kg which is the same as our playable characters have. I understand that, combined, is 40kg....but really shouldn't the jeep be like a mobile tent? They laughed and said no in the stream but ..why exactly? Why can't I take most of my gear in the jeep? Isn't haulage one of the only benefits it has? Maybe I'm alone on this but 20kg seems bizarrely low.

I think this may be the least desirable major addition to the game yet. I'm not a hater, I use the quad in COTW. I may have considered the jeep if it sounded...decent...but it doesn't. I'm still confused what it's supposed to do.

(Also, in the stream, it almost sounded like there may be a snowmobile coming for Whiterime...just no guys)

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

wonder how much these jalopies are going to cost...????...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

outrider wrote:wonder how much these jalopies are going to cost...????...

I am wondering the same thing :shock: prepare for the worst and hope for the best(price that is) :mrgreen:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Well if you can refuel at a tent, then why not just carry one with you, and you can have a mobile lodge. Since the jeep spooks the animals, stopping and putting up a tent should make no difference. So no fuel or carry capacity limits at all.

Should never have had 3rd person view as it is an exploit. I watched in the stream (recorded) that you could see off over areas that in first person you would not be able to do, and the reason there is no 3rd person view while walking in the game already.

also how long is the spook duration, and distance? From what I saw it wasn't near far enough to not cause an exploit. While driving the jeep you should only see animals out at max render range and they should be fleeing already.

Only saving grace is that you can't use it if you are in comps. I hope all score sheets / hunt stats will say if you had a jeep present so the non-EW tournaments can be regulated.

Don't think it was thought out enough based on what I saw.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

one thing I was wondering if you have a jeep and drive to a location...…..how long until you can hunt that area?
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

so, the jeep is made not to make it from one end of a map, to the other end of the map on a tank of fuel........should be able to travel all over the map on a tank of fuel, you know, five hundred plus miles per tank full..more realistic ... :roll:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

INSANEPAPPY60 wrote:one thing I was wondering if you have a jeep and drive to a location...…..how long until you can hunt that area?
Immediately, but the animals must recover the "calm" status if they were spooked by the Jeep, if you shot at an animal that was spooked by the jeep, while is still in the "spooked" status it will not count, will be unethical and you will get a spam from doc like when you shot with non permitted ammo.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

*Looks sheepish* After saying I probably won't be getting one... I've got all 4. Image
When the Jeep was teased, I was expecting them to be around 5000em$ each. But at 999em$, that's a price I was willing to pay to try one out, figuring that I might find more uses beyond deploying and moving deployed equipment while I had one to use. Where-as 5000em$ and not finding other uses was, I felt, too much of a risk. However, when one is 999 and all three is half price in the bundle, 3 being only 500 more than just 1, I couldn't resist.
But the fact that the "Not Jurassic Park" Premium version also comes free with a 6 Month membership (and I plan to continue playing for at least the length my membership now lasts), so I got that too. Image
Never say "never", I guess. lol
Last edited by 22SAS_Wimp on November 28th, 2018, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Chat”