Taking a Break !

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ClemD
Scout

Taking a Break !

Post by ClemD »

My membership to theHunter, which started on 28 June 2009, was ending today and I decided not to renew it. I was loosing interest in the game. Bugs must be fixed quickly and theHunter must stay a true hunting game, i.e. it was a running game for the Halloween main event. I will see in the next few months and decide if and when I come back. Best salutations to all the good friends I had during this journey.

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
BCKidd

Re: Taking a Break !

Post by BCKidd »

You are not the only one with these sentiments, Clem- it is truly sad to see so many long time members and community contributors feeling the same as you. I hope we'll see you back here in time, and that goes for everyone who is on their way out! Take note EW. :| Respectfully.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Hey Clément ! I hear you . I will probably join you in less than 2 months, because membership expires in Jan for me .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RedWolf
Spotter

Post by RedWolf »

Good luck CleamD.

On a positive note, I still like the game a lot, I'm not going anywhere, die-hard fan forever. :)
Cashole42
Spotter

Post by Cashole42 »

My membership expires soon too, and I don't have half enough interest in just whitetail to be bothered coming back for them, and I doubt I will be renewing either. It's become a once in a while game for me, and half my hunts are spent filling out bug bingo cards. Good thing I got a computer I can play CoTW on, because, well...I think Classic may very well be dying. I'll still play it here and there, but the fun of the game from when I first started is gone, and I haven't even been here a year.
RedWolf
Spotter

Post by RedWolf »

Cashole42 wrote:My membership expires soon too, and I don't have half enough interest in just whitetail to be bothered coming back for them, and I doubt I will be renewing either. It's become a once in a while game for me, and half my hunts are spent filling out bug bingo cards. Good thing I got a computer I can play CoTW on, because, well...I think Classic may very well be dying. I'll still play it here and there, but the fun of the game from when I first started is gone, and I haven't even been here a year.
Sorry, but if you spent most of your time in a treestand and tower and alt-tabbing out of the game (update: or doing something else like filling out bug bingo cards), then it doesn't surprise me that you get bored rather quickly and can't think of any memorable moments. Don't blame the game for the fact that you like to "play" like that.
Last edited by RedWolf on November 17th, 2018, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cashole42
Spotter

Post by Cashole42 »

I'm sorry, do what now? I do believe you have me mistaken for someone else. I'm not even sure what alt tabbing is.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well, some of us have taken breaks, and then some nostalgia bring us back, so i hope you come back again Clemd, just enjoy your time, try new things with the time you can spare without The Hunter and relax, maybe sooner than later you will feel the need to shot a bison or something, and then you will be back with a renewed energy to play, the game will always have his fair share of bugs, but also have a lot of good moments yet to provide. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

We had some good competitions in the early days. Sorry to see you not renew.
ClemD wrote:Bugs must be fixed quickly and theHunter must stay a true hunting game, i.e. it was a running game for the Halloween main event.
We are all with you on the bugs topic. They had many more players a few years ago when the game had a lot less content. Fixing the things that worked for years would be my approach. Of course the game only gets older and players are jumping to fancier games.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Sad to see people go. For me the game is still awesome and i am not planning to leave the game at all.

Those posts bother me a lot tough, i still put money in to this game and if i see so many people leave i get afraid that EW will close the servers within a year or two, if they do, all i have spend will be gone.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA

Return to “General Chat”