Crossbow Pistol

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Re: Crossbow Pistol

Post by Oswald74 »

Then please release some shootable cans for the shooting ranges.

I will not buy this thing for shooting ducks.

MfG L.E.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Anyone else notice a unusually large spooking radius? I just shot a turkey (instakill, heartshot) & it spooked a doe that was over 100m away.

Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

caledonianblues wrote:Was the permitted species list wrong on the website, or just on the wiki? If it was wrong on the website and subsequently changed after people purchased the weapon, then that's pretty bad and Expansive Worlds probably ought to respond and perhaps issue some refunds. If it was only wrong on the wiki and people failed to check the permitted species list on the website, then that's more of a user oversight problem, and no fault of Expansive Worlds'.

Regarding the permitted species, that's a tough one. More units would sell if the list was increased to include coyote and roe deer, but I understand the argument that it seems (or feels) like in real life it would be wrong to use such a weapon on larger animals like deer and coyotes.

Edit: Mat clarified before I posted, so that sets things straight.
It was bad on the launcher too but i dont have problem with this i buy it cuz i support the game with this, its a good looking toy but the scope is terrible please do something with it :D
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Dilaj wrote:It was bad on the launcher too but i dont have problem with this i buy it cuz i support the game with this, its a good looking toy but the scope is terrible please do something with it :D
Mat confirmed that the permitted species list was correct from release. Were you perhaps confusing the permitted species with the silver arrows?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Oswald74 wrote:Then please release some shootable cans for the shooting ranges.

I will not buy this thing for shooting ducks.

MfG L.E.
It doesn't happen often, but I agree with you 100% :D ~ I looked at the list and thought exactly this "I don't want it for ducks"

I was so excited about this, but man did that ever disappear :? No yotes or wolves, no need so much.

As for the spooking range? Look, been saying it for so long I quit, gave it up- Xbows and bows live in their own world of spookiness
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Since i just bought the .22 GRasshopper... I will not be buying this crossbow.
UNLESS they make missions requiring it (PLZ do not do that).
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

gimmick like the pellet rifle
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

caledonianblues wrote:
Dilaj wrote:It was bad on the launcher too but i dont have problem with this i buy it cuz i support the game with this, its a good looking toy but the scope is terrible please do something with it :D
Mat confirmed that the permitted species list was correct from release. Were you perhaps confusing the permitted species with the silver arrows?
Then i think i saw on the wiki btw i dont need refunds ;)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

SoftShoe wrote:Anyone else notice a unusually large spooking radius? I just shot a turkey (instakill, heartshot) & it spooked a doe that was over 100m away.
Crossbows are loud & Compound Bows are about 12 decibels lower than them with that in the real world loudness comes out to about half as loud as Crossbows to what you and me hear to about between every 10 decibels that start around the 60 decibel mark on up........ ;)
Crossbows can have all these gadgets on them to soften the noise some @20 yards away from it, but there is no X-bow out there fast enough to beat the sound barrier yet,.. as even the fastest
is only around 500 FPS. So the longer the distance(say starting around 45+ yards) the easier it is for animals like deer to jump the string..... because they hear it before the bolt(arrow) gets to them.
That would be awesome in the game when using bows at longer distances if they would animate string jump for deer.............. :lol:
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

SoftShoe wrote:Anyone else notice a unusually large spooking radius? I just shot a turkey (instakill, heartshot) & it spooked a doe that was over 100m away.
I just try to shoot 1 the boar was 189m from he get spooked something didnt ok

Return to “General Chat”