Crossbow Pistol

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Crossbow Pistol

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I still think roe, coyote, and turkey are to big of game to hunt with a pistol crossbow. The ethical list is ok but not perfect.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

For the cost of the crossbow pistol Yote and Roe should be included
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Looks like it has the same permitted species as the original .17Hmr (Ptarmigan -> Bobcat/Lynx)

If you test this out, the ballistics indicate that it's more powerful than the 50#-80# "toys" :p that are commercially available.
The ammo also has a broadhead, which the "toys" don't.

IRL, I can't imagine being confident enough to use this on anything bigger than a fox, and since I will lobby for realism any chance I get, I'm OK with the permitted species list in-game.

Carrying this along with any of the big guns (7mm, 8mm, 9.3mm or .300), you're armed for everything but Water Buffalo.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Tod1d wrote:Looks like it has the same permitted species as the original .17Hmr (Ptarmigan -> Bobcat/Lynx)

If you test this out, the ballistics indicate that it's more powerful than the 50#-80# "toys" :p that are commercially available.

IRL, I can't imagine being confident enough to use this on anything bigger than a fox, and since I will lobby for realism any chance I get, I'm OK with the permitted species list in-game.

Carrying this along with any of the big guns (7mm, 8mm, 9.3mm or .300), you're armed for everything but Water Buffalo.

.17HMR is permitted also on Coyote.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Eraser_SK wrote:
Tod1d wrote:Looks like it has the same permitted species as the original .17Hmr (Ptarmigan -> Bobcat/Lynx)

The original 17hmr was ptarmigan -> Bobcat (before Lynx was added). When the HV was released, they split it up and added the Coyote
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

nachthexe wrote:Roe Deer and Coyote would have been nice.
Also EW please give us a crisper red dot, this too is washed out. Give us one like the pistol red dot!

And also a + - to the red dot size
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I don't see why everyone is freaking out over no roe deer. It's not realistic or ethical to hunt an animal that size with a weapon like this!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Tod1d wrote:
Eraser_SK wrote:

The original 17hmr was ptarmigan -> Bobcat (before Lynx was added). When the HV was released, they split it up and added the Coyote
dont remember this story... for me is in category Red Ryder BB Gun and the only thing you can do with it is... You'll shoot your eye out. :D
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

damn, i wish i had read this thread before i purchased it and the scope...... :(
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I don't see why everyone is freaking out over no roe deer. It's not realistic or ethical to hunt an animal that size with a weapon like this!
Maybe bcz was advised it will be ethical... If you look at shop before or on wiki - list of ethical animals included Roe, Coyote... not now.

Return to “General Chat”