9 year review

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

9 year review

Post by DanthemanBoone »

There is a lot said about the costs involved in playing this game so I thought it was time to take stock of what it has actually cost me.
I have been playing this game on and off now for 9 years and one week.
During that time ( according to my account summary ) I have spent a total of $1,047.00 USD . ( $1550.87 NZD ) That breaks down to $116.00 USD a year, or just over $2.00 USD a week.

I have tents, Towers and tree stands spread all over the EHR and own a hell of a lot of weapons that I will probably never get to use again.
34 rifles, 8 pistols, 7 shotguns, 4 bows and 2 crossbows. A whole heap of scopes for every occasion. Currently my favorite weapons are the grasshopper pistol, ten point crossbow, both bolt and semi 223, My COTW 270, the gold bullpup, the gold 12g pump, the 30R , the 9 mm double rifle and the lever action 45.70.
Along with callers for all the animals I target, I own 16 different outfits and a heap of T shirts.
I also have a full duck set up with blinds and another full set up for Canadian geese. And of course, One Trophy lodge.

All up I am Pleased with the cost effectiveness when measured against the hours I have played and the fun I have had.
Of course the game is not the full extent of the attraction, the people I have met and played with, had interesting discussions with, and the occasional argument, have all added to the value of the experience. For me it has been well worth every penny of the money I have spent.
Thank you to everyone involved.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: 9 year review

Post by HooCairs »

Congrats on your 9 years Dan and glad to see no regrets. And thanks for always speaking your mind and for your readworthy hunting insights. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Jodydoc

Post by Jodydoc »

That's an awesome insight. Congrats on 9 years bro.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Congratulations Dan on your 9 year anniversary and a great post.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences with all of us on the Forum and always looking forward to hearing many more great stories. :D
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Congrats for your 9 years on THC DanthemanBoone :)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Congrats for your 9 years .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Congrats!Great post!!! I'm coming up on 9 years myself. Most of those were as a free player so I haven't spent as much as you; but I have put several hundred into this game since becoming a member a few months ago. :D

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Congrats on nine years, Dan. That's a lot of time spent in this game. Great post ol' buddy.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

congrats Dan ! ;)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah, congrats on nine years of theHunter. You have certainly supported the game. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “General Chat”