Today's Halloween Survey

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Today's Halloween Survey

Post by ronMctube »

its a rather important part of the choice of whats to come. surely it should be discussed ?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

ronMctube wrote:its a rather important part of the choice of whats to come. surely it should be discussed ?
Feel free to discuss after the Survey closes next week :) Like I said, we want peoples personal opinions on the event and people need to feel no pressure to express them one way, or the other.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

no pressure just wanted to see the actual questions being asked on here without doing the survey. some people wont take part but maybe interested in whats coming for the game. a run down of the questions being asked is interesting and informative.

some people also dont like logging in this that and the other just to do things. its a pet hate of mine for eg. it would be a shame to miss out on information for the sake of having people login. its nothing to do with pressure either way i personally dont want to login just to survey. hope you understand. would just love to see whats being asked.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:no pressure just wanted to see the actual questions being asked on here without doing the survey. some people wont take part but maybe interested in whats coming for the game. a run down of the questions being asked is interesting and informative.

some people also dont like logging in this that and the other just to do things. its a pet hate of mine for eg. it would be a shame to miss out on information for the sake of having people login. its nothing to do with pressure either way i personally dont want to login just to survey. hope you understand. would just love to see whats being asked.
It was an event-centric set of questions, to see what people thought of the Halloween event and what they would like to see next year. It started off with the usual generic questions; age range, gender, how long you've been playing and how frequently you play. Then it asked what you thought about themed events in general, and their frequency. Whether you've taken part in previous themed events, what you thought of this year's Halloween event, what you'd like to see in next year's Halloween event, and whether you'd like it to occur on another reserve (and if so specify which one). Finally it asked if you took part in the competitions, the missions and the skull collecting and what you thought of those elements of the competition. Then asked the usual closing questions about social media and whether you watched any of the Halloween live streams.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

:arrow: SUPERWEP 7

This was a good, thought out, presentation. In my opinion it lacks one element. What originally brought the people to the table? I can't seriously believe people came to this table to hunt WW. If they did, it was for the one-time fun of it, and then they would move on. The developers have no obligation to please them, yet you include them in those who should get an on-going percentage of the table's spread.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

SUPERWEP7 wrote:I can see both sides of this argument, man, and it's a doozy, lemme tell you.
Well said! Insightful & poignant.
stancomputerhunter wrote:The developers have no obligation to please them, yet you include them in those who should get an on-going percentage of the table's spread.
The developers are preparing the meal (to continue the analogy), if they dont have the ingredients or dont feel like making something it doesnt get made. Based on that they very much have a seat & say at the table.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

SoftShoe wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:The developers have no obligation to please them, yet you include them in those who should get an on-going percentage of the table's spread.
The developers are preparing the meal (to continue the analogy), if they dont have the ingredients or dont feel like making something it doesnt get made. Based on that they very much have a seat & say at the table.
You mis-understood what I typed. Probably my fault. The "them" I'm referring to is not the developers. The "them" are those who come for a one-time hoot, and were included in SUPERWEP 7's list of folks at the table.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
SUPERWEP7
Tracker

Post by SUPERWEP7 »

stancomputerhunter wrote::arrow: SUPERWEP 7

This was a good, thought out, presentation. In my opinion it lacks one element. What originally brought the people to the table? I can't seriously believe people came to this table to hunt WW. If they did, it was for the one-time fun of it, and then they would move on. The developers have no obligation to please them, yet you include them in those who should get an on-going percentage of the table's spread.
My sister might bring her new boyfriend to the Thanksgiving table here in a week or two, and, man—no offense to her or him at all—I don't much believe she'll be bringing the same dude to the table in 2019. :lol: But that ain't no excuse for me to treat him any different when we all sit down this time. He still gets his plate 'o turkey, just like everyone else.

You'll have one-timers in any game. Not just games, either, that applies to real-life just as much. Might take somebody out on the lake for a few hours and then have them decide that they never wanna go fishin' again. They didn't know they were gonna make that decision at the time—they'd never tried it. As host, I gotta treat 'em like they deserve a seat on the boat, show 'em the pros, let 'em see the cons for themselves. After all that, they might decide they wanna go out again next weekend, or they might decide they don't wanna do it again. Either way, I've done my job.

It's the same with tH. New people come in, they download it, they try it for a bit, and either A, they like it and want to keep playing or B, they don't like it and don't keep playing; but regardless of what choice they wind up making, we gotta do our best to make 'em feel welcome while they're at the table, and then smile and wave if they decide to get up and leave. Sometimes that means serving up a dish you wouldn't otherwise put out on the table. Here, I'll use myself as an example:

I hate cranberry sauce, man. I hate it. Words cannot describe how much I hate cranberry sauce. I hate it almost as much as I hate pheasants, and boy lemme tell you what: if pheasants just started spontaneously exploding in the fields of Logger's Point, you'd hear me laughing all the way up in WRR. I hate cranberry sauce with a passion more purple than... cranberry sauce. But the point of my story is that, every year, I go out and buy a buncha cranberry sauce for my table because man, everybody else loves that mess.

Like I was sayin', likes and dislikes are black-and-white for us, because they're our likes and our dislikes; but we can't fall into the trap of projecting those likes and dislikes onto other people, because we just can't know for sure. I enjoyed hunting the werewolves during the event, but I wouldn't shed one tear if they disappeared from my stats. I think they're a bit of an eyesore. That being said, though, there's quite likely a buncha people out there that would be upset if they lost their stats, and I wouldn't want those folk to feel left out or disappointed, missing out on something they enjoyed just because I didn't like it. I want that cranberry sauce on the table, not because I like it (because I certainly do not like it, I believe we've established that :lol: ), but because I'd hate for folks to miss out on something they do like.

EDIT: I keep saying "I don't like the werewolf stats," and I feel like I should mention: I do keep track of the werewolf stats on my own personal page, so if someone came across that they might get confused as to why I say I don't like the werewolf stats when I'm obviously keepin' track of 'em. Heh. When I say I "don't like the werewolf stats," I mean I don't like them integrated in with the other animals, as they are on, say, the lifetime stats page on the tH main site. On my own personal site, I have them segregated off in their own little section, far away from the regular animals. They existed, I shot at 'em, I kept track of that, but I tucked it away in it's own little section, compartmentalized with other just-for-giggles stuff. If they did something like that in an official capacity, man, I'd be all for that. I just don't like that they're stuffed all together as it stands.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

hopefully in 2019 they add theHunter restaurant :lol:
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

ronMctube wrote:hopefully in 2019 they add theHunter restaurant :lol:
Could be like the roadkill cafe: "you kill it we grill it" :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071

Return to “General Chat”