Today's Halloween Survey

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Today's Halloween Survey

Post by stancomputerhunter »

When I opened the web page this morning, there is a link to a Halloween Survey. I was asked to sign in. I was already signed in. Eventually, I figured out I had to sign in to my Google account. What?

1. It would have been nice to say that in the banner or somewhere else.
2. What about those who use Firefox, or God forbid, Internet Explorer? Did they have to sign in too?

It would be nice, although it won't happen, if EW would publish the results.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Today's Halloween Survey

Post by TreeKiwi »

stancomputerhunter wrote:When I opened the web page this morning, there is a link to a Halloween Survey. I was asked to sign in. I was already signed in. Eventually, I figured out I had to sign in to my Google account. What?

1. It would have been nice to say that in the banner or somewhere else.
2. What about those who use Firefox, or God forbid, Internet Explorer? Did they have to sign in too?

It would be nice, although it won't happen, if EW would publish the results.
We took in peoples feedback regarding the last survey that went out and have limited it to one response per person, based on google accounts. They are free and very fast to sign up with, we might miss out on a few people who do not want to sign up, but at least the data will be more accurate, not that we saw anything inaccurate in the last survey, but people had concerns.

People on any web browser will have to sign in the same, there are no differences.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

The survey sign-in is not browser-related Stan. You need to sign in with a Gmail account because the survey platform being used is Google's. The downside to that is that players without a Google account will not be able to participate, unless they create one (which is of course free). On a positive note, this means the survey can only be completed once, which is an improvement.

I still think Survey Monkey is a better solution, since it avoids the need to sign in. Players simply receive an email with a unique link that expires once the survey has been completed. So it eliminates the need for a Google account and eliminates the risk of someone filling in the survey repeatedly to skew results. Of course, Survey Monkey isn't free after a certain point. Google's survey tool is.

It states at the beginning of the survey that if you participated in the event then Expansive Worlds would love to hear your feedback. What if you didn't participate and still want to provide feedback? Is that feedback welcome? I'm guessing the results of the survey are going to be used to measure the success or failure of the event, so on that basis I'm going to fill it in despite not taking part.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

caledonianblues wrote:The survey sign-in is not browser-related Stan. You need to sign in with a Gmail account because the survey platform being used is Google's. The downside to that is that players without a Google account will not be able to participate, unless they create one (which is of course free). On a positive note, this means the survey can only be completed once, which is an improvement.

I still think Survey Monkey is a better solution, since it avoids the need to sign in. Players simply receive an email with a unique link that expires once the survey has been completed. So it eliminates the need for a Google account and eliminates the risk of someone filling in the survey repeatedly to skew results. Of course, Survey Monkey isn't free after a certain point. Google's survey tool is.

It states at the beginning of the survey that if you participated in the event then Expansive Worlds would love to hear your feedback. What if you didn't participate and still want to provide feedback? Is that feedback welcome? I'm guessing the results of the survey are going to be used to measure the success or failure of the event, so on that basis I'm going to fill it in despite not taking part.
Once you take the Survey I think you will see that we have allowed for people that did not partake in events. However would you not agree it's pretty hard to have an opinion on something if you haven't tried it? I have not tried Haggis for instance, so would never say it's good or bad before trying it!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

TreeKiwi wrote:Once you take the Survey I think you will see that we have allowed for people that did not partake in events.
Yeah, I saw that, thanks. It does mean the opening paragraph is a bit misleading though.
TreeKiwi wrote:However would you not agree it's pretty hard to have an opinion on something if you haven't tried it? I have not tried Haggis for instance, so would never say it's good or bad before trying it!
Not in this case, no. My opinion is based entirely on the lasting impact the werewolf is likely to have if left in the game (which looks likely). I have no problem with these events, or even being able to shoot the werewolves. I had fun last year at Halloween. My issue is that it looks as though the werewolf is here to stay in the form of leaderboards and on our signatures. Taking part in the event isn't a prerequisite for such an opinion.

So your analogy of trying food before being able to comment isn't really applicable here. I've taken part in countless events over the last 9 years so I have a good understanding of how they work.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Glad you got a chance to provide your feedback then David, ill edit the opening part of the survey so it is more inclusive then, good suggestion!

I have eaten countless amounts of food over my 34 years, as anyone can see at a first glance these days :lol: ... still wouldn't rate Haggis until I have tried it!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

TreeKiwi wrote:I have eaten countless amounts of food over my 34 years, as anyone can see at a first glance these days :lol: ... still wouldn't rate Haggis until I have tried it!
We'll leave bellies out of it as that can't end well, but you missed my point. My feedback was not reliant on my having taken part in the event. And the reason a player chose not to take part in the event is something you guys should be interested in hearing. Just my opinion.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

I took your survey, but I didn't see the question about removing permanent stats on the WW.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

INTIMID883R wrote:I took your survey, but I didn't see the question about removing permanent stats on the WW.
That’s because the survey is about the event and not about what happens after it. I am passing all the feedback about the Werewolf staying though. I can read that it is not a popular choice by many.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

caledonianblues wrote: We'll leave bellies out of it as that can't end well, but you missed my point.
No I didn’t I was referring to this part:
caledonianblues wrote:I've taken part in countless events over the last 9 years so I have a good understanding of how they work.
Like I just mentioned to Tony, your guys feedback gets passed on as always, but the survey is about the event and not what happens after it. Not that one is any less relevant or important than the other!

Return to “General Chat”