Why are there some people who don't like Timber Gold Trails?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
CapnQuint
Tracker

Why are there some people who don't like Timber Gold Trails?

Post by CapnQuint »

I have seen some people argue that TGT is a bad map and I'm just going to genuinely ask why. I don't know if it's a vocal minority or a more wide spread opinion. I have seen a few of the arguments already, none of which I think are good, but I'm not going to list them because I don't want to create any straw-men. TGT is actually my favorite map so I'm pretty confused to see some people against it.

So please, express you're opinions on TGT (good or bad) so I can listen and respond.

Thanks!
Last edited by CapnQuint on October 28th, 2018, 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Re: Why are they're some people who don't like Timber Gold Trails?

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

TGT is without a doubt one of my favorite maps>I love the fall look and enjoy all the animals to hunt there.several maps I don't even hunt on and avoid....but TGT will always be in the top 5.
CapnQuint
Tracker

Re: Why are there some people who don't like Timber Gold Trails?

Post by CapnQuint »

INSANEPAPPY60 wrote:TGT is without a doubt one of my favorite maps>I love the fall look and enjoy all the animals to hunt there.several maps I don't even hunt on and avoid....but TGT will always be in the top 5.
That's my stance for sure. I don't think many people will argue it's not one of the best looking reserves. I also love the shear size of the map, it really feels like you are miles into the wilderness on TGT. Thanks for the input.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Personally I don't mind the map.
However when it comes to a certain species of animal on that map... well that's a different story.
Wolves is what I'm referring to, ever since the Devs put the Wolves into the map with the "chasing" mechanic it just ruined Elk hunting for me.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

Ravenousfox wrote:Personally I don't mind the map.
However when it comes to a certain species of animal on that map... well that's a different story.
Wolves is what I'm referring to, ever since they put them into the map with the "chasing" mechanic it just ruined Elk hunting for me.
I haven't run into many situations where the wolves caused too much trouble hunting elk. I've had time tracking a heard that wolves made scatter, but usually I'm only track the elk with the highest weight. So if that happens I'll just keep tracking the heaviest. I've also never had an elk that I was attracting that got scared by a wolf. In fact I've had several moment when wolves chased elk right to me. My point is, I've never had trouble with the chasing mechanic, if it was removed I wouldn't care because I don't really think it adds anything.

I should mention though, I never got to play on TGT before wolves where put in. So maybe I would have noticed a difference but I like wolves as a whole.
They could use better scoring though.

Thanks!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

CapnQuint wrote:I have see some people argue that TGT is a bad map and I'm just going to genuinely ask why. I don't know if it's a vocal minority or a more wide spread opinion. I have seen a few of the arguments already, none of which I think are good, but I'm not going to list them because I don't want to create any straw-men. TGT is actually my favorite map so I'm pretty confused to see some people against it.
So please, express you're opinions on TGT (good or bad) so I can listen and respond.
Thanks!
Wow ! You judging us !?

I used to like TgT when it came out . Best looking animal as of the RME and i love the way its design . Then , an addition, a change was made to the whole game and that's where it went down for me , like some other players .

- Wolf running , chasing all over , all the time . Making hunting other species difficult .
- Wolves coming to a call , swirling like snakes .
- Wolf's behavior as become one of the worst .
- Grizzlies behavior also , trotting all the time . Rarely attacking the hunter ,now , fleeing like a pus.sy .
- Rains often.
- Terrain where the BHS are , is really tough to walk and track . Getting stuck all the time .
- Never see BHS next to sides of mountain , they're always in the wooded areas .
- Looks empty also more these days .

So, if these reasons are not good for you , i'm sorry, but they are good for me .
It's not about who is right or who is wrong , and debating on that is wrong .
Each individual has there own personal thoughts and experiences with this game .
We need to respect that .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RedWolf
Spotter

Post by RedWolf »

CapnQuint wrote:I have seen a few of the arguments already, none of which I think are good
It's a mistake to judge their arguments based on your needs and not on theirs.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Why are they're some people who don't like Timber Gold Trails?

Post by gas56 »

People like to complain. These are all only my opinions nothing else.
Some players don't like Wolves and the they way they behave in the game.. I do like the Wolves. although even I think there are too many Elk carcasses laying around.
There is some Wolf behavior which should be toned down like chasing the Elk too much.
Some players don't like Ptarmigans in the game.. I do like Ptarmigans. although even I think they should just fly away like the Pheasant in the game then have the flock gather
together again in a different spot instead of circling around as they now do in the first spot they've been flushed at.
Some players don't like Grizzly Bear hunting and their behavior in the game, especially the male bears. I do like Grizzly Bear hunting and I really don't like the way the male bears
don't charge very often and they run away as when they first were released. That was a time of great fun when they charged at you instead of fleeing as they now do.
Some players don't like Elk hunting in the game and their behavior as you cannot shoot as many as before the Wolves were released into TgT. I like the Elk Hunting and still can
shoot them,.. I really don't mind the way they are. If the Wolves were toned down in their behavior chasing them then the Elk would also be less spooked by the Wolves.
Some players don't like Bighorn Sheep in the game because of their low populations in the high country. I do not like this much either, it would be nice to see more in all that
bumpy mountain terrain and have at least a few more herds to make it more interesting.
Some players don't like hunting Mule Deer and their behavior as their behavior is on the spooky side when Wolves released into Tgt. I like Mule deer hunting and still can shoot
them,.. I really don't mind the way they are just like the Elk. And again if the Wolves were toned down in their spooking them behavior then the Mule deer would also be less
spooked by the Wolves.
I still can find lots of Elk and Mule deer that are not spooked in places and can shoot a lot of them so I still tend to be less biased about the way most of the hunting on TgT is then
some players do not like the way things have turned out, and I guess the most important thing is that it should be fun for everyone to play the map but sadly that is not the
case or probably will never be unless everyone gets it the way they like, and I really don't see that ever happening.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.” ― John Lydgate
Last edited by gas56 on October 28th, 2018, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rozete
Tracker

Post by Rozete »

i visited the map just a couple of times before, bagged few wolves, when they were released - meh, i thought.. but halloween event made me love it! did all werewolf missions, now doing wolf missions (along side with elk and grizzly missions. stuck on these though - need specific weapon i dont have). so fun at these conditions! just finished 9th, fenrir to go. hopefully going to see some sheep for the first time lol.
would love to get me some more of nightly tgt or any map for that matter after the event too, but.. so im enjoying while it lasts
Spoiler:
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

I really loved TGT the first few times I've played it. If you have ever looked at my equipment maps on the UHC site you'd see I spent a pretty penny on setting the reserve up. But then this became common place:

1. Track and elk to only have it disappear in a run when wolves swarm out of nowhere
2. Grizzlies used to be scary.. you just knew they were going to turn on you in a blink.. now they just run away.. never needed medpacs on the reserve until this week after the grizzly changes. Bison more dangerous.
3. Disappearing tracks, especially after a lung/heart shot only to find the tracks just disappear. And gd forbid if you wounded two critters, track one and come back to find all the tracks from the previous, in less than five minutes, gone as well. But DOC always remembers....
4. Disappearing prey, bow hunting, have a visual on the critter, stalking in for a closer shot and boom, watch them disappear into the ether.
5. Scent hounds behave like idots on this map.. that lung heart shot with a table of blood spread.. and the hound goes a half dozen paces and sits with a ?, right on the next blood spatter. Most other maps, tracks almost flawlessly (if there is blood).
6. Collision issues everywhere for man and beast

Its a beautiful map graphic wise. I love the wolf animations when idle/play. The elk are majestic, the mule deer (for me) always seem to have larger racks than loggers. The grizzlies (at one time) made hunting dangerous. The sheep are a nice challenge. But all the above make it a place I rarely hunt anymore, even with the equipment expense wasting away.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”