Why are there some people who don't like Timber Gold Trails?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
vsaet
Hunter

Re: Why are there some people who don't like Timber Gold Trails?

Post by vsaet »

I like that reserve the only thing that make me nuts is those birds. Is a very bad idea. :(
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

TgT was perfect. Then somebody had the bright (read that as really dumb) idea to introduce wolves. It turned out not to be so bad.

Then somebody had the bright (read that as incredibly idiotic) idea to modify the wolves behavior. It turned out to be very bad for elk hunters.

The somebody had the bright (read that as insane) idea to introduce ptarmigan. It could have been done correctly, but the mechanic of the birds constantly flying in circles constantly making extremely annoying wing-flapping noises has led to the premature death of many a hunter. Ptarmigan are short flight birds, similar to quail. The are incapable of flying long distances. Apparently, the designers failed to research this one critical point. Consequently, the incessant and migraine inducing ptarmigan flight sound has caused many a hunter to commit suicide by flinging themselves off the nearest cliff face. :lol:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

It's still the best reserve to me, but it was much better before the introduction of wolves and before the change in the Grizzly bears AI. I simply dont care of ptarmigans :D
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

MudBug wrote:TgT was perfect. Then somebody had the bright (read that as really dumb) idea to introduce wolves. It turned out not to be so bad.

Then somebody had the bright (read that as incredibly idiotic) idea to modify the wolves behavior. It turned out to be very bad for elk hunters.

The somebody had the bright (read that as insane) idea to introduce ptarmigan. It could have been done correctly, but the mechanic of the birds constantly flying in circles constantly making extremely annoying wing-flapping noises has led to the premature death of many a hunter. Ptarmigan are short flight birds, similar to quail. The are incapable of flying long distances. Apparently, the designers failed to research this one critical point. Consequently, the incessant and migraine inducing ptarmigan flight sound has caused many a hunter to commit suicide by flinging themselves off the nearest cliff face. :lol:
I have to clarify that before Ptarmigan flying and disturbe only in a little part of the reserve the real disturbing birds are the ones flying over carcasses .That is really bad idea and disturb any moment we are close to those carcasses . I have to remove the dead animal every time to hear all others noises calls and little birds. :(
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Ah, another "interesting" discussion about my beloved never ending tire fire TGT. Ill pass this time :lol:

Have a nice a weekend y'all.

CapnQuint wrote:This is the most prominent issue people have brought up with the map, so hopefully we will see a fix.
:lol: ... sorry. This made me chuckle. Cause i thought so too for a while. But naaah that wont happen.
Okay, out now before i start ranting again. ;)
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

I love tgt, just has too low of a population of animals compared to other maps, also the wolves are just fine IMo, I also wish the bears were more aggressive like originally.
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

Opinions are just that we all have them and we all differ.

I personally don't want Wolves in game period, seems wrong to hunt an animal that's endangered same with Polar bears...
Next I don't like the implementation of wolves as they have become a nuisance animal that ruins the elk hunting!
I am fine with tamer grizzly's as bears should not be miss- represented for the sake of video game fun. Bears are rarely aggressive without good reason.
And Ptarmigans these annoying creatures are in game but yet the most hunted bird in all of North America the Ruffed Grouse is not??? Baffles me to no end....
TheHunter-Master
Spotter

Post by TheHunter-Master »

Althought TBT is the most beautifull reserve in the hunter so far it lack of animals (specially elk) thats why i dont like it. Based on my personal stats ,my personal goal in each hunt is to waste 30 bullets getting 30 animals competing myself in time in about a 1h - 1:30 hunt. I can achieve this in any other reserve exept TBT. In order to get 30 animals with a rifle in tbt you have to spent twice the time and distance to achieve such a result. The only way i can think of better results would be placing tents in every spawn place but i never was a spawn masher and i will never be.Thats why i dont like TBT.
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

TheHunter-Master wrote:Althought TBT is the most beautifull reserve in the hunter so far it lack of animals (specially elk) thats why i dont like it. Based on my personal stats ,my personal goal in each hunt is to waste 30 bullets getting 30 animals competing myself in time in about a 1h - 1:30 hunt. I can achieve this in any other reserve exept TBT. In order to get 30 animals with a rifle in tbt you have to spent twice the time and distance to achieve such a result. The only way i can think of better results would be placing tents in every spawn place but i never was a spawn masher and i will never be.Thats why i dont like TBT.
Really? I would like to see your statistics with 30 animals captured every exit (even 29 would be good) at least i would have new reasons to try to improve my more than modest performance...
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I would like to see your stats also . Can you give us your user name pls ? Unless you are exaggerating just a little bit your story !

Ok, just for the record , i went and checked your hunt history.
You quoted : I can achieve this in any other reserve exept TBT.
- the only reserve i saw it done , A FEW TIME , is in WHI. And most of the animals are Turkeys , with couple Deers and Elk cows , here and there .
- I don't see this in ANY OTHER RESERVE .
- Only 4 times , did you even come close to the 29-30 harvest , on you whole first page of hunts .

I didn't want to put you on the spot or anything like that , but stories like yours , kinda wants to make us believe that you are the man .
In fact , those numbers are quite achievable by any players , in same situations.
Turkeys come often in groups of 5-6 at a time and Elk cows also . And with a bow ,it's very possible to kill them all .

It can be done also in WRR , by running all over the place and shooting anything and everything . Which aint hunting really .
Almost can be done the same way in PB / BRR ! So nothing impressive here imo.
Looking also at the kms you made , it's obvious that it's '' run N' gun '' in many of them .
But that's ok . We have a different approach to how we play the game , That's all .
Last edited by DYEUZ on November 10th, 2018, 12:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “General Chat”