Pistol Crossbow

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
akforeverlost
Tracker

Pistol Crossbow

Post by akforeverlost »

Ok, I guess I wasn't paying attention. How do you get a pistol crossbow? They look really cool, but I finished the Halloween mission pack, and no crossbow. Great mission pack, by the way. Had a wonderful time, and can't wait for next years event!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Pistol Crossbow

Post by Tanngnjostr »

akforeverlost wrote:Ok, I guess I wasn't paying attention. How do you get a pistol crossbow? They look really cool, but I finished the Halloween mission pack, and no crossbow. Great mission pack, by the way. Had a wonderful time, and can't wait for next years event!
Right now it looks like the pistol crossbow is only given to the top three finishers of the overall event competition. Lots of skull hunting required... :?

As far as I know, a non-Halloween version of the crossbow pistol will be sold after the event.
Image Image Image
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Tanngnjostr wrote:As far as I know, a non-Halloween version of the crossbow pistol will be sold after the event.
I honestly don't get why they're doing that, what's dumb is the standard one will get released AFTER the event ends so no way to try out the silver tip arrows on Werewolves... until next year?! :? :|
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

I just want the pistol crossbow...
and... I think it should be able to take down deer.
Someone posted that hand helds have little power - I agree that the cheap $20 models are crap for power. As a gun dealer in the southwest US gunshow circuit - I can verify that there are AMAZING hand held crossbows. Steel recurves that REQUIRE a crank to charge them and will splinter the crappy wood bolts on release, they required steel bolts. I swear.

While I am here...

I also knew a Vietnam Combat Vet that had a slingshot he USED in Nam to take out sentries. It was made from bicycle tubes for elastic... I could NOT pull it all the way back let along aim it. But that slingshot would kill a man (or a whitetail).
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I really hope that they do not allow the pistol crossbow for anything larger than a fox, and even that is on the big size IMO. Sure there are some higher end pistol crossbows out there, but I still wouldn't trust them to kill anything bigger. There just isn't anyway to get enough energy in such a short power stroke to launch an arrow heavy enough to get good penetration on an animal the size of a deer. It is way to marginal of a setup. EW has always seemed to at least attempt to keep an ethical and realistic list of what animals can be hunted with what weapons. I feel that by allowing deer sized game to be harvested with a pistol crossbow they would be a huge step away from what they've tried to maintain over the years.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ravenousfox wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:As far as I know, a non-Halloween version of the crossbow pistol will be sold after the event.
I honestly don't get why they're doing that, what's dumb is the standard one will get released AFTER the event ends so no way to try out the silver tip arrows on Werewolves... until next year?! :? :|
A Dev said in another thread that they are releasing it after event "because it has nothing to do with the event" since the normal version isn't compatible with the silver bolts. Well i guess we will have to wait a little for the normal and to use it for normal small game and no big werewolves. But in the other side, if a Werewolf can take a lot of silver bullets of a .308 the i don't want to think about how many bolts may need.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I really hope that they do not allow the pistol crossbow for anything larger than a fox, and even that is on the big size IMO.
The list of permitted species is known from the store.

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Crossbow_Bolts
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Here it is guys

BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

36 dollars...
so...
36 em$?????

Just sayin - if it is gunna cost 600 em$...
(the price of a 30-06 rifle)

Perhaps it should be more powerful than an 80 pound pull toy??

While I am here...

the Plinkerton (Ruger 10/22) should NOT be the same price as an AR platform rifle...
IRL = Ruger 10/22 200 dollars/AR Rifle 500 dollars
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

He says you should be able to get a raccoon or possum or "maybe even a squirrel". :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”