The Good the Bad and the Ugly .

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

The Good the Bad and the Ugly .

Post by DYEUZ »

Once again , i am reaching out to you . Wanting to know what you think about this game .Please share with me and others , what your opinions are about your experiences with this game .
What you consider GOOD, BAD, and UGLY .
I am not asking you if you agree with me or not . I would formulate this thread otherwise then , obviously .
I just want to know YOUR opinions , period . There is no right ones and no wrong ones .
So please ! Let's not start debating on them .See this thread as a poll.

Make it simple !
The good for me was without a doubt , making for the guest in hosted hunts , able to install equipment .
That liberty , that freedom is priceless to me .
The bad , is also without a doubt ,the increasing of the render distance .I saw a significant change in many department of gameplay . From exps , it changed balance big time .
The game doesn't play , for me anyway , like it used too .
The ugly , is the way the GAMEPLAY is now and have been for months . Pretty much since that render distance adjustment . Balance is crippled , reserves feel empty , still with major bugs affecting my gameplay , hitboxes issues , etc .
Not really looking forward to major additions tbh . Never was for additions instead of improvement and fixing . Which is obviously and urgently needed .
tyvm and if you want to reply the way i did , you will be doing it as intended ;) .
Last edited by DYEUZ on October 27th, 2018, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Dilaj
Tracker

Re: The Good the Bad and the Ugly .

Post by Dilaj »

The Good: This is the best&most realistic hunting game ever made even if its 10 years old and the devs started to listen to the community. (the best game i ever played)

The Bad: The pig feeders dont work very well in most of the time and i think startes have much more luck to get a trophy animals than the older players.

The Ugly:The devs dont listen too much to us but these months they started to listen to us much more which is good.Still no night hunting in this game and i cant believe they couldnt make it in 10 years. They only reskined animals was the the bears no much engine improving unfortunatly. And not many bug fixing for the hit box stucking animals etc.

Sorry for my eng peace!
leafman1
Scout

Post by leafman1 »

The Good....Meating some really great friends and people from the years I have been playing
The Bad...well it seems lately there have been more than enough bad.

The Ugly...Well that would definitely be a toss up between DYEUZ and Stan...lol
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The Good- Friends, competitions and all around fun game- with plenty of immersion.
The Bad- Bugs, and glitches that show up after new implementations to the game content.
The Ugly- Loosing game players and forum members due to EWs current direction. :mrgreen: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

For me:
The good is the game in general, the mature and nice community, and the community competitions than make up for the repetitive official ones, besides you can share the experience with other players with sportsmanship, and the variety of weapons that we have nowadays compared to the old days .
The bad are simple, the bugs, sometimes when i play i feel like when "Ugly" tried to shoot his revolver in the last duel just to get to "Blondie" to say, "i bugged it in the last night patch, while you were sleeping" :twisted: .
The ugly for me is how some items get bugged and broken but still advertised and sold in the store whiteout a warning to the customers, beside the constant awaiting for resolve some bugs "Scent hound resume tracking", "hitboxes", and all what was put in the "what is bothering the most" list that we never heard again. And the introduction of animals but then never give them mission or comps" Picca bay by example. :( .

But when all is said, the game still have more positive value than negative and still give me satisfaction and fun, is a great game, just with the damm tendency to show ugly bugs more often than i would like.

Hitboxes bug in action at 0:26:

when you make a perfect shoot at the lungs but then the score sheet said you made one vital rope shot, and 4 shots in the hat. :lol:
Last edited by VonStratos on October 27th, 2018, 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

great stuff guys , thx .
Greg, i wouldn't want to see you in a beauty pageant either !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

The Good:.....theHunter is still going.... :D

The Bad:.......the taking away of some features like "Personal Best".....remember, no pics, no video, no proof means no bragging.....that's bad..... :(

The Ugly:.......putting things in the store that people can't buy...so much for theHunter making more money......That's a ugly way of doing business... :roll:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

The Good:
The only thing that I still love theHunter is the community... This game has one of the best community I've ever seen... :)

The Bad:
Bugs... There are soooo many bugs in the game for a long time. Some bugs can be ignored, but most of them affect gameplay and it's not a good thing...

The Ugly:
For me, the game is not rewarding anymore. Some players need some motivation to keep playing. Especially, for the new players...
Season Stats
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

leafman1 wrote:The Good....Meating some really great friends and people from the years I have been playing
The Bad...well it seems lately there have been more than enough bad.

The Ugly...Well that would definitely be a toss up between DYEUZ and Stan...lol
You sir, are going to be eaten by a Werewolf! :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Lenkos
Scout

Post by Lenkos »

Good:
The best hunting game i've ever played. Such huge variety in animals, reserves and ways to hunt. Met and played with some amazing people over the last 6 years and I always enjoy playing.

Bad:
Other than persistent bugs (like the Pulsar reload bug), the only other thing is cheats/hacks, which have been around for years.
They make me call into question almost all leader-boards and competition winners, unless I know and trust them. The biggest reason why this is a problem is that it's a F2P game with EM$ competition rewards - gives direct reward for cheating in the game and harms it for everyone else.

Ugly:
Can't think of anything.

Return to “General Chat”