Remove Grey Wolf from TGT for a Week

D3AKUs
Hunter

Remove Grey Wolf from TGT for a Week

Post by D3AKUs »

So i just started a hunt on tgt and wanted to go my usual route to look for a nice Mule Deer or Maybe an Elk if i can find one ( which i rarely do cause Grey Wolf ). Spawned in , ported to stand , dead silence , few Moments passed and then i knew why there are no Deer around ( usually my Treestand always has lots of Deer around ) - it was one of those nice Wolf spawns again ! Wohoooo :D I could hear them barking and sniffing around all over the place. The whole place was infested with Wolf calls and tracks ( i usually dont even bother to track them or click for calls on my Huntermate cause i hate them with a Passion ) I came to an area in the forest that was glowing with hundreds of Wolf tracks and domes that gave me a nice hard hit on my fps. Saw them running around , at least 5 or more running in that exact forest patch stuck inbetween those thin tree clusters, running on a spot like the mindless maggots they are. Did a rage quit and closed the game.

SO how about we remove those parasites for one week and see how much that will actually improve the hunting and the overall fun and experience on Timbergold. Make it a public testrun. This has been an ongoing issue for what ? Forever now ? Maybe after this week when u see people start having fun over there again , god forbid - u can start working on that problem for once, tweak the numbers or come up with a solution from the info u can gather during that week of their and come up with a work around or something ?

Nah nevermind this wont happen anyway , cause it would make sense and improve the map :lol:

Angry post over , if u need some salt to cook something u can take a pinch from here , have a nice day ! ;)
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: Remove Grey Wolf from TGT for a Week

Post by INTIMID883R »

Make them as scarce as the lynx would be a good plan.
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

INTIMID883R wrote:Make them as scarce as the lynx would be a good plan.
Now that is a good Idea!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!:
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I agree. Whatever they do, but they need to do something. Less wolves, tone down chasing, remove them completely, anything. Who cares about a species that has like two or three different scores. :roll: (Rhetorical question, I know that some players do care about them)
Image Image Image
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Eh just remove Wolves completely from the game.
While you're at it, Ptarmigans too.
Neither will be missed I can assure you. :D
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Remove the Wolves?
It just sounds like you had a great opportunity to kill a couple packs of Wolves in the right spot.............. :lol:
TGT is a great map,... to kill Wolves,.. RM Elk, Grizzly Bears, Mule Deer, RM Sheep, & WT Ptarmingans,..
What other map has those animals except Mule Deer?
The map is so big that the whole region can have multiple set-up spots to choose what you want to hunt if you
adjust your hunting style by going with the flow of the spawn.
It's the same as with any other map where will be the best set-up after the spawn (start of the hunt),.. have 3-5 different ones in the low country and know that many more.
and also have 2-3 in the high country for Ptarms & Sheep and know that many more.
EW wants to adjust the spawns so they are more random so it will be even trickier being at the right spot if they confirm doing this.
We will all have to learn them all over when they do this with all the maps and our set-ups and hunting spots we have now won't matter at all.
Wasn't WHI enough of a hint by EW what they plan on doing?
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Post by Tanngnjostr » Today, 5:12 pm

I agree. Whatever they do, but they need to do something. Less wolves, tone down chasing, remove them completely, anything. Who cares about a species that has like two or three different scores. (Rhetorical question, I know that some players do care about them)
I also agree, it's just insane what's happening with wolfs in TGT, there are areas were you can find elk carcases at only 100m one from each other which is really stupid and unrealistic, now wolfs are all over the map even in areas where I didn't saw them before or at least they weren't so freaking many.I had many hunts lately when the wolfs completely killed the fun of hunting in TGT and I heard other players complaining about this.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Ravenousfox wrote:Eh just remove Wolves completely from the game.
While you're at it, Ptarmigans too.
Neither will be missed I can assure you. :D
:lol: :lol: I'd certainly vote on removing those birds- the wolves well, I don't seem to have the same problem with them as others, flyin' birds and honkin' geese ruined a couple of reserves. They should've stuffed them all onto RBayou and named that reserve Duckgoose Bayou. :lol: :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

It would be better, and more sensible too I think, if EW did with all species what they did with the lynx (and now bobcat) and MATCH their spawn numbers to real life population proportions. And if that means increasing RM Elk populations, and/or decreasing wolf populations, then so be it. I believe it would be an improvement over the very static and suspiciously similar population numbers in Classic.

However, because I fully recognize there are players who strongly disagree with these types of changes I would expect EW to try everything out on beta first, with a large number of players from both camps involved, to see what they think of it and how it might be improved. Nothing need be done to the real servers without thorough testing first. Any chance of something like this happening EW?
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

I think a beta that provides for the elimination of wolves and ptarmigans would be completely useless, in my case that i enjoy hunting both wolves and ptarmigans that i should participate in doing? I confirm that I'm bored so it would not make sense and the results of such an experiment would be obvious and biased, maybe i will also ask the elimination of other animals that i do not like to hunt so much to do something...

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”