More noob questions...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BearJohnson
Hunter

More noob questions...

Post by BearJohnson »

OK... Sitting in my treestand waiting for that beast to walk under me...

Thinking...

Do scent lures work from the tree stand or do they need to be deployed from ground level?
Does a screwed up (glitched or not) vocal call spook critters or still work like a good call?

I have looked on the WIKI, and in store descriptions...\
nothin...
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Nockedup
Hunter

Re: More noob questions...

Post by Nockedup »

Scent lures and calls work from up in the treestands and all calls are good calls.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Nockedup wrote:Scent lures and calls work from up in the treestands and all calls are good calls.
asked...
and answered.
TY
Trigger time = FUN!

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

They work in the treestand, but is advisable to not lure them right at you, but around 25 meters from your TS, this is to have a good shot and minimize the chances of getting detected, animals can see/smell you in the TS, the camo is not perfect even with scent eliminators, and i am not sure but from my experience i have noticed that higher score animals tend to have better senses, i don't know if this is coincidence, my biased experience or really are simulated that way.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

VonStratos wrote:They work in the treestand, but is advisable to not lure them right at you, but around 25 meters from your TS, this is to have a good shot and minimize the chances of getting detected, animals can see/smell you in the TS, the camo is not perfect even with scent eliminators, and i am not sure but from my experience i have noticed that higher score animals tend to have better senses, i don't know if this is coincidence, my biased experience or really are simulated that way.
I think you are spot on mate, I'm sure I read this somewhere aswell and I know I've not been playing THC for very long but I have noticed the trophy/bigger animals spook far easier....or it might just be me :D
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hynu wrote:
VonStratos wrote:They work in the treestand, but is advisable to not lure them right at you, but around 25 meters from your TS, this is to have a good shot and minimize the chances of getting detected, animals can see/smell you in the TS, the camo is not perfect even with scent eliminators, and i am not sure but from my experience i have noticed that higher score animals tend to have better senses, i don't know if this is coincidence, my biased experience or really are simulated that way.
I think you are spot on mate, I'm sure I read this somewhere aswell and I know I've not been playing THC for very long but I have noticed the trophy/bigger animals spook far easier....or it might just be me :D
Trophy animals definitely have heightened senses and they are also less likely to call as far as I know.
Image Image Image
RedWolf
Spotter

Post by RedWolf »

VonStratos wrote:They work in the treestand, but is advisable to not lure them right at you, but around 25 meters from your TS, this is to have a good shot and minimize the chances of getting detected
Deer hardly spook when you don't move and use 3D camo, I had over 30 deer under my stand yesterday and none of them spooked during that 30 minute hunt.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

RedWolf wrote:
VonStratos wrote:They work in the treestand, but is advisable to not lure them right at you, but around 25 meters from your TS, this is to have a good shot and minimize the chances of getting detected
Deer hardly spook when you don't move and use 3D camo, I had over 30 deer under my stand yesterday and none of them spooked during that 30 minute hunt.
How many of those deer did you shoot that didn't spook none of them?
Last edited by gas56 on October 21st, 2018, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedWolf
Spotter

Post by RedWolf »

gas56 wrote:How many of those deer did you shoot? I'm just curious with the answer you gave.
Why is that relevant?
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

RedWolf wrote:
gas56 wrote:How many of those deer did you shoot? I'm just curious with the answer you gave.
Why is that relevant?
Because sometimes it matters:

LOL
Trigger time = FUN!

Return to “General Chat”