What do you LOVE about TheHunter Classic?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BearJohnson
Hunter

What do you LOVE about TheHunter Classic?

Post by BearJohnson »

For me - I start every hunt at 5am...

Hearing that Moose call in the distance.
Calling him in, looking into the mists, waiting to see the giant 200 plus beast come into focus.

THIS is what I love about this game.

Despite the fact that most times it is a 100 point scrub that comes out of the mists...
It COULD be that giant.

It's kinda like fishing...

to me.

What gets your heart pumping about this game?
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Magnificent
Tracker

Re: What do you LOVE about TheHunter Classic?

Post by Magnificent »

the realism, tactics....the devs constantly trying to please with new weapons and animals, this game cant be easy to juggle at times...its buggy but most bugs are contained and dont effect the the fun factor..yes sometimes that monster is shot and its glitched, but hey IRL anyone ever shot a beast and it died three properties over and you know that SOB owner aint giving you permission to walk his land...life is a glitch guys...things happen and this game has been great since day one! we need more people hunting and not playing a shooter game...leader board warriors is what we need! not hunter score spazzz, i mean what does HS get you? oh man im ranting, and prolly ranting on wrong thread sorry lol

/
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Waterfowl. Particularly Canada geese.

There's a lot to love about this game (and sometimes just as much to hate when the bugs start rearing their heads) but waterfowl hunting will probably always be my favorite. There are very few games that have ever attempted to replicate this exciting type of hunting and unfortunately most of them failed hard at it. Not theHunter.

It wasn't cheap to get my first goose setup in the game but hey, even that seems part of the simulation. The price tag for a real flock of quality decoys is a painful one to say the least. But once I had them and my little blind, the fields of hirschfelden never felt the same again. I grew up goose hunting and it hasn't really been an option for me for a long time so maybe I'm just nostalgic but there's nothing quite like hearing a flock in the distance and watching through binoculars as one, two, three birds break from the flock and start pulling the rest. The excitement builds as they start circling the decoys and setting up for their landing. When they cup their wings and start that final coast in, BANG BANG BANG.

That's an awesome feeling and Classic let's me re-live a small piece of it whenever I want. It's initially what sold me on the game. My only regret was not finding it sooner.
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

Never knowing when that BEAUTY is going to show up!!!

Wetland :D
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

When I am not doing anything outdoors IRL.
Playing anytime I want to when I want to.....
Well that isn't completely true though if you ask my wife.... ;)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

The thrill of the hunt, you can have a lot of setups, or have minimal equipment, but when you are walking and suddenly you heard a call and spot the animal and is a trophy... man that moment alone make worth all the efforts and then you want to feel the same again.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

There really isn't anything I don't like about this game. It is simply...awesome. Otherwise, why would some of us still be here? The feeling tho' one gets, like others have mentioned when that trophy animal steps into view- is thrilling. The scenery- exceptional, the hunt can be both incredible and exciting. Same as in real life. Buggy or not we learn to live with it. It is a great game from beginning to end... The community forum is awesome, sure there are always tiffs goin' on somewhere, but we learn to live with that too, or simply avoid the threads. Kinda like that next day hunt bug... that BearJohnson himself, the author of this thread, recently experienced. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Cashole42
Spotter

Post by Cashole42 »

Despite the glitches that make me rage quit for a day or two (or an hour, or five minutes...), despite the frustrations that come when a hunt doesn't go the way you want, I keep coming back. Nearly every hunt makes memories, things you remember fondly when you head back out. You remember the times a monster showed up, you remember the times he got away. You remember the hunts with friends, the new things you found, the horrible shots you made and the epic shots you made. Every hunt is different, and nobody has the same stories to tell.

I grew up playing hunting games, from Cabela's to Carnivores. Despite the flaws, despite the failures, I keep coming back. And I probably will continue to do so. There isn't a better hunting game out there, and anyone would be hard pressed to make one.
P*Funk
Spotter

Post by P*Funk »

I find the beauty of the reserves, the sense of walking through this environment and even with the dated graphics seeing the sun play on the tops of the grass as the wind blows them vigorously back and forth as I trundle across Logger's Point remembering my early days in this game... its hard to say exactly what but it really feels special. The hunter is a peculiar game in that it stands alone among other games in what it was trying to do, to create these places we can visit, revisit, and explore and making them feel real. I especially love going to the edges of a reserve and looking into the landscape next to it, like Logger's point looking at Settler Creeks, knowing there's another place to go.

Its probably because I'm such an urban dweller who lives on the edge of Canadian forests that look much like WHI, LP, and RFF and when I look at the tree covered mountains out my bedroom window I imagine going over them into the unspoiled areas where you can't see a cell phone tower or a skyscraper. The Hunter basically lets me go there. Its probably why I'll never use the Jeep. Its also why I never really run except to grab a harvest after spooking everything with a rifle. I love the environments and they really achieved something with this game I've never really seen in any other. The thing about other games is they will make places that are convincingly rural then because its meant to be entertaining take you immediately over the rise into a city, then into a highway, then into another place. The Hunter has a real scale to how it evolves (knowing it actually doesn't relative to real forests) so its for me a unique escapism.

I'll be very sad the day I know its servers are shut down and we can never visit these places again.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

One word: TruRacks.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”