2nd/3rd Day Bug Fix (exploit? or dumb luck?)

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BearJohnson
Hunter

2nd/3rd Day Bug Fix (exploit? or dumb luck?)

Post by BearJohnson »

Greetings guys/gals!

I have been hunting RFF in an attempt to improve my position on the UCH competition leaderboard.

First day was open season on all critters bagging smaller and improved score/weight animals.

Second day I ONLY shot animals that were larger/higher score than the first day's kills.

SO FAR, no glitches.

My total competition score is 914.783 at the moment (1 point higher than my current score on the leaderboard).

Black Bear - 252.2
Whitetail - 169.684
Moose - 161.561
Roos Elk - 331.338

Still hunting the 2nd day...
Looking for bigger WT, RE, and Moose.

I will report what happens.
Last edited by BearJohnson on October 19th, 2018, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

BCKidd

Re: 2nd Day Bug Fix (exploit?)

Post by BCKidd »

BearJohnson wrote:Greetings guys/gals!

I have been hunting RFF in an attempt to improve my position on the UCH competition leaderboard.

First day was open season on all critters bagging smaller and improved score/weight animals.

Second day I ONLY shot animals that were larger/higher score than the first day's kills.

SO FAR, no glitches.

My total competition score is 914.783 at the moment (1 point higher than my current score on the leaderboard).

Black Bear - 252.2
Whitetail - 169.684
Moose - 161.561
Roos Elk - 331.338

Still hunting the 2nd day...
Looking for bigger WT, RE, and Moose.

I will report what happens.
:shock: Really? I wonder if it has been fixed then, or have you jus' been extremely lucky? Yes indeed report back. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

What I've heard, is you won't be able to collect any "antlered" animals. I think I might have tried it once and was able to collect a brown bear on VDB but that was moons ago- I just never pushed it and it's never seemed to be something they tried to fix.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

day 2 I shot (AND harvested) a whitetail buck and a black bear that "could" have been bigger than what I had...
They were not.

I am now on day 3.

I have nothing to loose at the moment as I am only 1 point over my standing leaderboard score...

Let's see what happens!
Trigger time = FUN!

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'm don't believe this is a fix or an exploit, I think you're just getting lucky. This is a quote from Hoocairs, and I'm inclined to believe it given his experience with the game.
HooCairs wrote:What happens is that on day 2, all animals slip into the shell of a day 1 animal and will inherit all their tracking and spotting estimations for weight and score. Thus they are wrong. Also if you already harvested an animal on day 1, you cannot harvest the animal on day 2 that inherited its shell.
You haven't really killed that many animals in the hunt so far since you're being picky and careful for the comp. That means there's a pretty good chance you won't encounter one of these new animals in an old shell you've already killed on day 2+. The number of days that pass in-game probably doesn't matter, but your chances of finding one of these bugged critters will increase each new day after you've killed at least one animal the day before. As long as you keep harvests low you may stay lucky.

Best of luck, and thanks for sharing your experiment no matter how it turns out.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

xOEDragonx wrote: Best of luck, and thanks for sharing your experiment no matter how it turns out.
Thanks!

3rd day - so far...

possible 180 wt buck - killed and harvested.
turned out to be a 150...
ergh.
Trigger time = FUN!

BearJohnson
Hunter

Re: 2nd/3rd Day Bug Fix (exploit? or dumb luck?)

Post by BearJohnson »

Luck ran out.

Shot a (could be 380) Rosy...

Could NOT harvest it.

Hunt scrubbed for Comp.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/olge ... n/83145768

BOO HISSS!!

Just kiddin.

Experiment over - DO NOT HUNT AFTER FIRST DAY IS DONE!

EVER!
Trigger time = FUN!

Return to “General Chat”