Have I been under a rock?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Cashole42
Spotter

Have I been under a rock?

Post by Cashole42 »

With my exceptionally crappy aim, how have I not noticed that the game tells you which leg you shot an animal in? And are the running animations new? Shot an albino red deer cow in the leg and got to watch her haul off on three legs halfway across the map. I know I've never seen that before and I've 'crippled' plenty of animals in my short stint on this game. Wish I'd gotten shots of it, but I was just a bit too busy trying not to spook her when she hobbled into sight 15m away from me.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Have I been under a rock?

Post by HooCairs »

This is not new at all, but you will only see it for some of the species. I believe it is really only for some of the deer species. Whitetails, muleys, blacktails, red deer, roe deer, both elk do limp. Sitka, Reindeer, moose, sambar and rusa I don't remember seeing it. Cannot think of any other species right now. But then, I only do heart shots. 8-)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I THINK bear limp too? I could be wrong though. Possibly bison as well? But yeah, they've done this for as long as I can remember.
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

Bison do limp if you shoot it to leg. I know this because biggest Bison I have got was during Big heart Cold heart competition, and I shot it too low missed heart and hit only to leg. I still wake up sweaty and screaming when I see that Bison limping in my nightmare :P
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Yes, bears do limp. Pretty sure bobcats do too.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Yes Ive seen Bobcats limp.

lx188
Scout

Post by lx188 »

if you see an animal limp.... dont whait miracles ----just bad shooter ;DD XD thats joke just -peace men!! ;))
Cashole42
Spotter

Post by Cashole42 »

Now now, if I wasn't using a toaster for a laptop with a cheap $5 mouse I might not cripple so many. Then again, I've crippled plenty of bison and elk and never got to see them limp around and they all got called body shots, so maybe my aim wasn't quite as awful as I like to think it is. I didn't stick around long enough to see if the one bear I leg shot hobbled off, just long enough to see a bullet hole in her leg as she booked it.

I'm not offended, though. Y'all wanna see some godawful shooting, just join me on one of my maps and get a good laugh in.

Return to “General Chat”