Your thoughts on the game direction

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Your thoughts on the game direction

Post by Radamus »

The one thing that does bother me with the HSv2.0 is the maxed out animals and weapons. When I hunt, I like to know that I'm going to get something to show for my efforts. After the change I really chilled out a lot. It's not a stretch to say I spent several hours a day, almost every day and hunted a lot- but I was always learning and gaining skills and there's still tons of room to grow no doubt. I pretty much am doing the community comps and that's about it but I can still enjoy going out and doing anything at any time, it just takes a much higher level of animals to get me excited anymore. There was a time when a 180WT was freaking awesome! today, not so much.
It was never going to be a reality to shoot for the top for me but I wanted to have enough to show that at least I know my way around and I'd accomplished at least a respectable level of achievement.
But for real goals, there's still a handful of rares which I have not managed. 1 of those is the albino fox- the other is a rare NT - But right now, I'm kind of excited about this werewolf that's coming up, I want a wallhanger of one of those!

Today I feel a lot of the same things guys were saying when I first started and I was like "What? No NO! DOn't do that! this thing is killing me!" but yeah, take the callers for instance, I feel that stuff now where I didn't before but they were right then just as they are now. It's mechanical period- the only mystery to it all is "what will I see when they get here?" that's the only mystery. Before, I was happy with that 1 out of 20 kind of score but now I'm really looking for that 1 in 100 kind of score because the rest is just fodder. The bar goes up that's for sure.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

i Like that the cats are a bit harder to hunt adds variety. We have like 40 animals or somthing now and it was in desperate need of a bit of a shake up. As for needing 1000 of them, so be it. I won’t take any notice as H.S is By far the most pointless endeavour in the game imo. It’s an apsolutly grind of time and every minute of it is repetitive. It promotes quantity over quality and that goes against the very point of trophy hunting and has apsolutly no indication of skill. It’s just a numberical value thst gives a very rough idea how much time and money has been sunk into the game by a given player. Only time it’s of any use to me is for setting an entry limit in the rare occasion I host an open hunt. 1000HS is a nice round number that tells me you’ve learned the basics of the game and have put in the time and cash to want to play it seriously.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Personally I do not think the cats are any harder to hunt than any other animal, just harder to find because there are less of them. Last week our tournament was for the lynx, and I hunted from 7 to a few minutes before 1800, and only found 3, and harvested everyone of them.

It was search until I find a track, follow until I got a call, drop caller, move back and wait. Got 2 with the pulsar, and one with the .243. To me that isn't making them harder to hunt, just more monotonous. Reducing the number just makes it take longer to find them, and personally quite boring.

I still hunt so I am constantly on the move, and can only imaging what stand hunters must go through hunting them. I would imagine it will take a very long time before tracking and spotting info would have any value, so it isn't even like the other animals that you pass up because they are sub-par.

I never cared about the HS and still don't, I care about score of the animals, missions, and some of the comps. I do like seeing animals and choosing what to harvest, not endless searching just to find one.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “General Chat”