Outstanding Competitions/Missions

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Mills
Outfitter

Outstanding Competitions/Missions

Post by Mills »

So, lately I've been pondering why we still do not have competitions and/or missions for some long outstanding species. Here is the stats, which I've pulled from the wiki/game updates:

Polar Bear - Released on March 2, 2016

When the polar bear was first released it came with restrictions on when you could hunt it. Only during certain times was it permitted. There was a very small polar bear release mission set that awarded you with a trophy once completed. Eventually EW came to their senses and removed all restrictions on the polar bear and it became a huntable animal like normal. However, we still do not have any competitions or regular missions released for this species. Intentional? Maybe, but this is just a game. Its been about 2 and a half years now. The polar bear is one of my favorite species in this game but have zero motivation to go after them.

Dall Sheep - Released April 26, 2017

Another fantastic species with little motivation to hunt.

Bobcat - Released September 13, 2017

We just saw a pack of missions come out for them which is great, so here's hoping the comps are soon to follow.

Water Buffalo/Banteng/Rusa Deer/Sambar Deer - Released December 14, 2017

Piccabeen Bay is a great map and the species are some of the best ever developed. But again, it's been almost a year and still no comps/missions.

Ptarmigans

We have some willow ptarmigan comps now thanks to Hifisch, but the other two are still left in the dust.

There's a few other species that are relatively new so I won't bother listing them, but I'm pretty sure you get my point.

When I play theHunter I usually do my best to try and compete in whichever daily comps that suit my liking are available. Getting a trophy animal to hang on the wall is a bonus but I also love the thrill of coming across a 230+ muley knowing that if you successfully harvest it with the right requirements it's almost a guaranteed trophy. Can't have that same sort of satisfaction when I come across a trophy specimen of these other species. There used to be a time when the devs would hold a community design contest where folks could submit their ideas for comps/missions. Will we ever see that again? Would be nice. In fact I would happily put my brain to work to come up with ideas for all these species. I'm pretty sure my Sitka missions were well received. I did not bother submitting anything for the other design contests because I wanted to give everyone a fair chance to get their own almost dev jacket ;). But let's get the ball rolling again. Who's with me!? :)
BCKidd

Re: Outstanding Competitions/Missions

Post by BCKidd »

I am! It has been a long while since those above critters have been released. So c'mon EW give us the comps and missions... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I agree completely on both! Those animals are long overdue for missions/comps and I think most serious players of this game do enjoy comps and mission as much or more than any other aspect of this game.

I would love the opportunity to design a set of missions or a comp. I remember that being available before; but as a free player and not someone who was active on the forum at the time I never got to participate. Pleas bring it back EW! :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I am also with you !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

All with you Mills!

And even more frustrating, the winners of the last mission & competitions design comp. were announced 6th of September last year: http://news.thehunter.com/status-update-233/ Out of these winners, xOEDragonx's Dall sheep missions STILL isn't released, ditto with the last ptarmigan comps.

Why they won't implement them makes no sense to me, and is a downright insult to the winners.

Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Totally with you on this Mills!
Too long waiting for new species to be completed with comps and missions!
Thankfully UHC and guys like BCKidd gave us the opportunity to hunt these species in some great comps! :)
And thank you for that!

Return to “General Chat”