How do you play the Hunter?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: How do you play the Hunter?

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Lenkos wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:
HooCairs wrote:I have listened through the bible twice already.
That's a really good idea! Maybe I'll give that a try.
Hey IA, glad to see you're still around! Been a while =)
I'm still around. Don't post as much as I used to but still read through just about every day :)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

Multiple screens, one primarily for the game, maximized. Secondary has my spread sheet where I log all my kills by reserve, critter, coordinates, in game time, gender, score, weight, fur variation and any other notes. One worksheet for every season, with another set of tabs containing all the coordinates of my equipment.

Hulu/youtube or netflix running if I am stand hunting. Otherwise just the game itself. For the rare occasions I am working from the house and can play (shhh dont tell the boss ) during the day, I'll have my work lap top on the corner desk and stand hunt. Making sure the hunter volume is turned down during those pesky conference calls.

(Had an Elk call right under a stand and had forgotten to turn the sound down.... oops!)
Spoiler:

Statybininkas18

Post by Statybininkas18 »

Fullscreen as well, just some music sometimes.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

31,5" 2560x1440 16:9, 35" 2560x2080 21:9 and 55" 4K TV I have been switching between lately. I used to be all for the ultrawide but I must admit the distortion is finally getting on my nerves. I have a good monitor arm so I can get great fov out of my 31,5" 16:9.

But I much preferr my 55" OLED.What sells me is the weapon models. the poor contrast of my LCD VA panels really show in not showcasing the weapon models. The OLED has no problems with contrast. I got a 2080 ti and with this I can run at 4K without occasional stutters. Was not possible on a X 1080 ti. 60 hz is not the most responsive and not the best for keeping high accuracy scores but a bit easier spotting do compensate.

It will not happen with classic but I still have a dream that we at least will get tower and treestand hunting in COTW. I don´t recon it will happen but it would be so cool. I would want the entire game in VR but I am trying to be humble :p Be able to walk in the woods with my motion controllers on my virtual gun stock just wow what an experience. I have got some taste of it in classic with vorpx already.
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

knott wrote: It will not happen with classic but I still have a dream that we at least will get tower and treestand hunting in COTW.
FYI, these are already being tested in COTW:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/518790 ... 9670528373
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... od#p978470
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Not in VR. Sorry if I was unclear :)
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

I just click create game.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Full screen and then immerse myself in this wonderful game.
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

SoftShoe wrote:I usually play like I actually hunt so I run full screen & wear a headset alt tabbing to view forums if I am in a stand. Otherwise I am pretty focused, dont even have background music playing.
I play all out but have to check my missions/comps/ and of course permitted ammo sometimes. I'm hard-core. :lol: ;)

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]

Return to “General Chat”