How do you play the Hunter?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Lamphunter
Hunter

Re: How do you play the Hunter?

Post by Lamphunter »

Definitely full screen and with the speakers quite loud.
Headphones when everyone else is sleeping though. :)
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

Headphones, fullscreen in the dark. I note down hunt objectives by the hand on the piece of paper for quick reference, but occasionally look for info on the tablet. I have also mapped all the "walking" controls to diferrent buttons on my multi-button mouse (freelook, autowalk on/off, running, binoculars, huntermate...) so during the walking periods in the game, I can just lean back on the chair and control everything by mouse, with one hand only - getting back to the keyboard only when animal approaches...very relaxing :)
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I either have a classic country music compilation from YouTube, Pandora, or a traditional archery podcast by The Push playing in the background.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I have listened through the bible twice already. Also I have run out of comedy shows on Youtube from the US, UK, Germany, etc. Suggestions welcome.

Lots of forum and Steam reading and Wiki editing while playing as well. We have so much time to do stuff in between animals. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Just one screen (24'', 1920x1080, fullscreen - nothing but the game). Headphones, cranked up. Logitech Gaming Mouse and the "G13 Advanced Gameboard" with a million of extra buttons and my personal configuration - never need to touch my "regular" keyboard. Sometimes when sitting in a stand I check the forums from my phone. A pot of tea at my desk - or a cold beer/glass of wine in the evening. Wife in the next room and she knows she needs to yell if she wants to talk. Usually wants to talk only when a trophy or rare is in sight. :lol:
Image Image Image
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Just one screen (24'', 1920x1080, fullscreen - nothing but the game). Headphones, cranked up. Logitech Gaming Mouse and the "G13 Advanced Gameboard" with a million of extra buttons and my personal configuration - never need to touch my "regular" keyboard. Sometimes when sitting in a stand I check the forums from my phone. A pot of tea at my desk - or a cold beer/glass of wine in the evening. Wife in the next room and she knows she needs to yell if she wants to talk. Usually wants to talk only when a trophy or rare is in sight. :lol:
I am a tea drinker as well (hot & neat (no sugar or cream)) & typically have a cup when I am playing or a fine beer in the evening. I use a Razer mouse & keypad so I never have to touch my keyboard either. Ironically my wife is always surprised I cant hear her with my headset on & gets miffed that she has to yell :roll: :lol:

ruichi

Post by ruichi »

Full screen and no distractions. I like to dream I'm really there.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

HooCairs wrote:I have listened through the bible twice already.
That's a really good idea! Maybe I'll give that a try.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I have 2 monitors also, most of the time while ingame the 2nd one is idle. Sometimes the forums are open there but I get tired of pausing the game. I also have 2 40" TV's ahead of me, usually a sporting event of some sort on one. Depending on the schedule sometimes there is a game on both TV's, or some old sitcom. A lot of the time I'll have one TV on but muted & I'm listening to a book on the Kindle.

WOW!!! Reading this thread cracks me up............where would we be without all of this technology? :lol:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Lenkos
Scout

Post by Lenkos »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
HooCairs wrote:I have listened through the bible twice already.
That's a really good idea! Maybe I'll give that a try.
Hey IA, glad to see you're still around! Been a while =)

Return to “General Chat”