Deer looking up???

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Deer looking up???

Post by SoftShoe »

I just had an interesting experience on RFF. I had a WT come up to my treestand, he was small (150ish) so I was ignoring him. After a couple min I turn & look down at him only to see him looking back up at me! When I equiped my camera to take a pic of him he spooked & ran off.
My treestand wasnt up very high but still, I couldnt believe he was looking up at me! I hunt WT more than any other animal on classic & that was the very 1st time I have seen one look up. That is even rare for real deer to do! Anyone else notice deer looking up?

Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Deer looking up???

Post by Radamus »

Once in a while that happens! Too bad they aren't as dumb as red deer. Last week I was crawling around for BC's comp and a could red hinds came up over a bank and caught me on the ground- I backed up till I could go up the tree. The 2 girls were looking up at me so I just say there- then, they dropped their heads and walked through on their way.
I've been busted by WT, coyote, fox and turkey up in a TS lots of times- but considering there's been thousands of times I've been in a tree, pretty good odds.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Yes SS , not only did i have Deer looking up , but i remember : Turkeys , Yotes , Bears , Moose , Muleys , Foxes . I think they have all the coding to do so at some point , if all is there for them to do so .
Sometimes , they do more than just look !
Last edited by DYEUZ on October 11th, 2018, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Been there, done that.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I have had that experience but with turkeys, they look at me, show me the middle feather and then their butt ala Brave heart when they ran like the wind.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Yeah, that's one thing nobody is ready for.......... ;)
Animals will look up and that is the sign that you've been acknowledged up in the tree stand,
just shoot fast cuz you just got about a split second before the gig is up, and that's when you hope you have the weapon in your hand........ :lol:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

One of those "first one that moves looses"
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”