Can’t place goat mineral feeder

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Trfs2010

Can’t place goat mineral feeder

Post by Trfs2010 »

Whenever I try to place a mineral feeder on Bushrangers run I just get “cannot place here”. I only have one other feeder on the map (a hog feeder). I do have some tree stands and tents tho. I feel dumb but I can’t figure it out.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Can’t place goat mineral feeder

Post by VonStratos »

You need find a place where the ground is flat enough to place a feeder, can be tricky in areas with rocks and boulders or step terrain, also must be 500mts away from other feeders and lodges/tents, i had the same issue placing my tent in the rocky area where Goats live in VdB, it take patience sometime to find a little spot to place the feeder.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Trfs2010

Post by Trfs2010 »

VonStratos wrote:You need find a place where the ground is flat enough to place a feeder, can be tricky in areas with rocks and boulders or step terrain, also must be 500mts away from other feeders and lodges/tents, i had the same issue placing my tent in the rocky area where Goats live in VdB, it take patience sometime to find a little spot to place the feeder.
Thanks, I ran around forever... seems crazy on a map like Bushrangers. I’ll keep trying.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Trfs2010 ... Do a test . Next time you are in BRR, take out your feeder and walk with it in hand and move it right and left , in a generally flat area.
If you see it come with a white outline , at some point , means that all is good and you just tried '' non receptive '' spot so far .
Try really to find a flat spot , like VonStratos mentioned above .

Good luck .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Or he's simply trying to place it in an area where there are no goats. Remember, they changed the feeders that way. It gives you the "Cannot place here" message if there's no target animal spawn spot in the area, even on perfectly flat ground. Basically, if you know you should be able to place the feeder on the terrain and it still doesn't allow you, it means there's no goats there anyway. All you can do is use trial and error to find happier hunter grounds.
Trfs2010

Post by Trfs2010 »

Okay guys, I figured it out. It seems you can’t place a bait site within 400 meters of a deployable hunting tower??? I had no idea and frankly it seems kinda weird since you can have other stands. Also, It would be nice if it gave you a warning like it does with lodges to avoid confusion. Thanks for the answers guys!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Trfs2010 wrote: It seems you can’t place a bait site within 400 meters of a deployable hunting tower???
Almost all of my bait sites, including my goat mineral feeder, are within 400m of deplorable hunting towers. I doubt this is your issue. Keep trying to place it in some different locations.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yeah deploy-able hunting towers and the large fixed towers that you found in some reserves have no problem with feeder, in fact is a common practice to deploy a tower or put the feeder near one to have clear shots or make bow shots.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

it should be telling you that you cant place a feeder within 400m of a tent or a lodge. If you open the map and place your cursor on the tent or lodge it will tell you how far away you are.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

SU Mar. 30, 2017 Baiting System Overhaul.. http://news.thehunter.com/baiting-system-overhaul/

I forgot about this when I bought my mineral feeders. I thought I was going crazy because I spent over an hour running around BR with my last one in front of me, being rejected countless times while trying to place it in spots I knew were legitimate for all other requirements. However, looking at this info now, I can tell you that during those attempts, and a couple other feeder placements since, the message I received did not say anything "to this affect" as the SU incorrectly suggests. It simply stated "Cannot place here". If it had given me a message "to this effect", I would not have had such a rough time of it and and this thread wouldn't exist.(assuming that this is indeed the OP's issue of course) If anyone wants to test how this actually works, grab a mineral feeder, spawn at the western lodge in BR, run due west a while and try to place it in a spot you know should be legit. Whether or not this is your issue, good luck Trfs2010.

Return to “General Chat”