Forum Dwindling?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
chewik
Outfitter

Re: Forum Dwindling?

Post by chewik »

well, I am still here :) I am reading forum, but I don't post/answer, beacause I am not interested in the recent topics.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

HooCairs wrote:Were are the participant and viewers of the past years?
Gone, due to mismanagement of all available resources.
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

SoftShoe wrote:
HooCairs wrote: What was your reason for not having interest?

I wasn't interested myself because they had these massive comps suited to a few players only.
For exactly the same reason. I wasnt willing to commit the kind of time that those comps would have required.
Same for me. I don't have, let alone am able to commit the kind of time you have to have to be competitive in them.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

From my own experience, some people got tired and not because the game is or was bad, just got tired, myself by example, i was so into win competitions that instead have fun i got tired and stressed, and that was my fault not the game, so i got a long break and now i am back with a different perspective and participating in the forums and the competitions is something fun for me, but i needed the time off to see the things from other pov before to come back.

Now why don't we get many players, well i don't have the numbers but i think as others have pointed that many players see first COTW and then come here, but the forum itself could use a new section to new players, i mean it have a "New Players introduction" but that is to say hi basically, i think it could use a "New players Ask to" where we could ask question point-em to guides, wiki, community competitions, etc. Sure all that can be seen by browsing in the forum but maybe for a new player pov is kind of hard to find the right section for the right question in a forum with many sections like this one. Remember, Kennel for dogs, official comps, community comps, tech help, Topics for rares, others for non-typicals, other for trophies, for a new player can be confusing, etc. Maybe we are so used to it that we don't notice that, but the forum has grown.

A practical example, we have constant topics about "my ems hasn't been received after a comp". That usually comes from new players getting their first winnings and could be answered in a sticky in a "New players ask" section.

That are my 2 cents.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Ravenousfox wrote: Left the game due to not liking the direction the game has been going (most of my friends said that's why they're not on this game anymore) or moved on to Call of the Wild.
yep, i have heard same stuff...and i understand what they are saying...

i really haven't come to a decision on Call of The Wild yet. i haven't been able to play it without lagging and freezing. but just the other day after a driver update to my video card and a increase in internet speed up to 200mps (it was a 100mps before) i was able to play for about a hour with only one freeze point and no lag. of course that was after i ordered a computer with a i5 processor that was within the range that was needed to play....this game has cost me a lot over almost 10 years (not as much as some). had to get a better PC when the "Classic" was released too. you note i didn't say "New" computer..,,,refurbished work for me.. :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

outrider wrote:......wondering where all the 'old timers' have gone ....and curious why..
I do not wonder about it. Player want FUN while playing a game. One big step in the right direction would be a improved MP-mode like Mp-challenges (team-comps/missions). Player love to play challenges together. But EW do nothing about it. Therefore many player look for other games with such feature. I know that many of my old friend would come back if they could play challenges together.

Player also love to play special-events if they bring fun. One of the best way to scare the own member is to release events like the crazy summer fiesta. This was very bad and stupid.

Another idea how to hold the member is to give the player patronage rewards. For every year the player could get a special weapon (iron, bronze, silver, Gold etc.) for uninterrupted membership.

Just my 2 Cents. :)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Urgia
Scout

Post by Urgia »

When I'll be the only one left here, maybe the devs will finally start listening to me.
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

Pittie : "Il giocatore vuole DIVERTIRSI mentre gioca"
All too obvious, i share 100%...
I wonder if we will at least be listened ...
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I’m still here, but don’t post on the forums here too much because...well....for one, it’s a real PITA to have to log in each and every time I come here now. I understand the reason, I just wish there was a better way. No mater how many times I have my phone or PC save the info, I always have to log in. So half the time I just read posts, without logging in. Lurking...in the shadows... :lol:
Second, as was mentioned, this happens every single year. The forums get kind of quiet due to many different factors, which is a long list. It usually picks back up tho. It’s not all doom and gloom. This happens every year since the game’s release.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Second, as was mentioned, this happens every single year. The forums get kind of quiet due to many different factors, which is a long list. It usually picks back up tho. It’s not all doom and gloom. This happens every year since the game’s release.
If you look at the picture I posted in the first post, there is a decline in numbers across all status updates this year, all of them have a lot less viewers than 2 and 4 years ago. Maybe it is just a temporary low, hopefully.

Funny you have to log it all the time. I don't have to. Same problem for different browsers? Cleared the cache?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”