Forum Dwindling?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Forum Dwindling?

Post by DHRifleman »

HooCairs wrote:
Tod1d wrote:I'd also like to see a little less hype & "teasing" on many of the new features. I think it's a bit too much. In fact, I'd love to see a few things released as complete surprises. I thought the cats would have been perfect for this kind of release. They could have made them as rare as the descriptions in the pre-release status reports suggested, and just added them to the reserves without any fanfare.
People would discover them pretty quickly, and the word would get out, and then no one would have time to wait & speculate & form those inflated expectations.
Of course, I'm not an expert, or even an amateur at marketing. Perhaps the 'hype' method is the best way to generate revenue from a new feature???
I really agree with all of this, without being a marketing expert myself. At least it would be worth once to try and release an animal without notice. I cannot imagine anyone being seriously disappointed about not having known, and most would see this as a positive surprise I would think.
While releasing an animal without notification may sound good, what happens when a player sees one and has no idea what weapon is allowed for it? The permitted list is not always intuitive.
Also the WIP of animals in the past have been greatly improved in appearance when the community has been able to give input before they were finished. We ended up with a much better looking animal then we would have, and less hurt feelings on the part of the devs when something was released like the kangaroo was without input.

If you want the forum and game to be active, there has to be interaction between the players and the developer.
The more there is the more each side knows what to expect.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

DHRifleman wrote:While releasing an animal without notification may sound good, what happens when a player sees one and has no idea what weapon is allowed for it? The permitted list is not always intuitive.
Use a bow, what the heck. :D
DHRifleman wrote:Also the WIP of animals in the past have been greatly improved in appearance when the community has been able to give input before they were finished. We ended up with a much better looking animal then we would have, and less hurt feelings on the part of the devs when something was released like the kangaroo was without input.
Which animal did EW show pictures of to the public at an early stage where it then was greatly improved afterwards based on community input before release? I must have missed that.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

HooCairs wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Also the WIP of animals in the past have been greatly improved in appearance when the community has been able to give input before they were finished. We ended up with a much better looking animal then we would have, and less hurt feelings on the part of the devs when something was released like the kangaroo was without input.
Which animal did EW show pictures of to the public at an early stage where it then was greatly improved afterwards based on community input before release? I must have missed that.
I was on the other side of the screen for that, but I remember it being the bobcat. The eyes were a little too close together I think it was from memory!?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

There might have been a case where input was used to make a change, but it's not like we have a process in place here where the community is part of making an animal. There is no exchange between the community and the developers whatsoever, unless, again, I have missed it. The first picture we saw of the lynx was here. Did EW make changes afterwards based on community input?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

just release the info for a new animal content on the day ! at release. it can work i listed ways that it works recently with eminems album as a prime eg. basically ems previous album flopped due to all the build up and people knowing it was going to drop. so they formed a opinion on it even before hearing it because they knew it was going to drop. the latest album he didnt announce just dropped and it became viral sensation.

surprise can be a great thing.as with anything its just how its handled.if you hype everything up to the max and for too long it ends up being a little anti climatic.

Return to “General Chat”