Forum Dwindling?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Forum Dwindling?

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback, we have all read it.

Just to put some minds at ease, we are currently putting together the road map for the whole of next year and will be sure to take all this feedback into account.

Have a good week all,

TK
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

On a positive note.... the discord is thriving and I find it both enjoyable (nice people all round so far) and very helpful, I've learn't a ton of stuff since I joined it. I urge everyone to join,.. link below :)

https://discord.gg/xPCrPj
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback, we have all read it.

Just to put some minds at ease, we are currently putting together the road map for the whole of next year and will be sure to take all this feedback into account.

Have a good week all,

TK
That's great news, thanks!
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Hynu wrote:On a positive note.... the discord is thriving and I find it both enjoyable (nice people all round so far) and very helpful, I've learn't a ton of stuff since I joined it. I urge everyone to join,.. link below :)

https://discord.gg/xPCrPj

:o my reputation proceeds me :o ,........they won't let me join :( .............. :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

HooCairs wrote:I used to go after Roosevelt Elk if the tracks reading "450-500kg" or Moose tracks reading "580-620kg" because I knew it was going to be a large rack. Finding these were uncommon and exciting. Now, they aren't that special and I can get anything from small to large. Is this more realistic? Probably. Does it help players use their experience and skills built up over the years? No. Not if it was one way at first and then changed to another way. This constant turning screws here and there is what gets on my nerves at times when you know there are so many other things to spend the time on.
The weight being somewhat tied to score seems to have removed across the board. I just shot this blacktail deer buck:

Score: 194.173
Weight: 78.28 kg (172.58 lbs)

A buck weighing 78kg wouldn't have scored 194 before. So for everyone looking for a large score, you might want to not limit yourselves to only following heavy weights.

Anyone else seeing light weights scoring higher for other species?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

HooCairs wrote:
HooCairs wrote:I used to go after Roosevelt Elk if the tracks reading "450-500kg" or Moose tracks reading "580-620kg" because I knew it was going to be a large rack. Finding these were uncommon and exciting. Now, they aren't that special and I can get anything from small to large. Is this more realistic? Probably. Does it help players use their experience and skills built up over the years? No. Not if it was one way at first and then changed to another way. This constant turning screws here and there is what gets on my nerves at times when you know there are so many other things to spend the time on.
The weight being somewhat tied to score seems to have removed across the board. I just shot this blacktail deer buck:

A buck weighing 78kg wouldn't have scored 194 before. So for everyone looking for a large score, you might want to not limit yourselves to only following heavy weights.

Yes Hoo that is now the case with many animals. This along with changes in spawn with many animals. With over 14,000 hrs in game I like you do notice these things. I really don't understand why things that aren't broke have to be changed. Time changing these things could be better used fixing some of the many things that are broken.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

HooCairs wrote:

I know this is getting a little off topic now,

But before I started working here I use to go hunting with Moon and BucksNBuffalos (Chuck) a lot. Chuck would always tell me that there was no correspondence between weight and score, I think he said he had shot a 80 something kg white tail that was in the 190's and other examples. The only reason I ever thought there was a correspondence was because of your awesome tutorial videos Hoo. In saying that looking at the leaderboard I think the really high end trophies still do have a max weight. So perhaps if you do find a trophy animal in a heavier frame, it is more likely to be a better one, than one that might have been lighter??

Maybe your Blacktail deer would have scored even higher had it been heavier?

I remember a high scoring moose, I forget the score now, I think it was about 215 weighing 350kgs at one point as well.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

weight and ultimate rack has always been a thing. most know that. follow heavy track hope fingers crossed it has the rack to match. the thing is some smaller weighted animals can have the rack just not the weight and score high.whitetails you see this in quite common now. many of us used to check the 85-100 hope it maxes out yet the best scorer comes from a say 78kg one. just how it goes.its a shame we dont have pbs all the way back still cause then we could check some of these to correspond.with each season.

as matt says im sure the still top of the tree scorer will still be a simple heaviest animal with the biggest rack. just the blacktail hoo shot was just the maximum score for its weight. which is big at 194 but obviously there is bigger.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TreeKiwi wrote:The only reason I ever thought there was a correspondence was because of your awesome tutorial videos Hoo.
It was my experience that high weights had a higher chance for a good score without ever giving you complete assurance. At the same time, a low weight was practically sure to score low. I cannot remember seeing such extremes, were a heavy weight would score rock bottom, like I do now with moose and elk, and a light weight would score top, like my blacktail buck.

Not all species are/were the same. Some appeared to have a higher correspondence. I had a "level of weight/score correspondence" in the wiki up to recent, then removed the column from the table because it no longer seems to be true. The information was completely out of experience anyway without any proof given from EW. So it's maybe better to not have that in the wiki.

Back on topic, any plans to revive the community? Any positive surprises coming up? :P
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

HooCairs wrote: Anyone else seeing light weights scoring higher for other species?
Its been like that for some time IIRC with the deer species. A couple people noted it back during my "Opening Day" comp.
Sure "most" of the time a heavy deer will be a big one but not always. Just a few weeks ago I was tracking a 100kg WT but was pretty disappointed when I found him. He was only a 150ish deer. Ive also seen it with black bear, I have taken several bruisers that scored around 19.

IMO this isnt a problem. Its like that IRL. To this day the biggest (heaviest) deer I have ever shot was a doe. She was a big ole horse of a deer that dressed out to 130kg. She was also my 1st deer with a muzzle loader. That 54 cal dropped her like she was hit with a sledgehammer.

Return to “General Chat”