Forum Dwindling?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Forum Dwindling?

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I've also noticed the forum seems a bit dead. I remember when I joined the forum was booming. Lots of people, interesting topics, and fresh posts every day. Now the general chat section actually goes full days without a new post being made. I think that something really big Jed's to be done to get the hype back up. Maybe it will be this new vehicle, maybe a new reserve (cough* cough* Africa?) , who knows. I would sure like to see things get cranking around here again though.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Why come to a forum with so much bad negativity from forum members about everything this game has to offer ?
The Answer is nobody likes that much negativity.
Put some positive thoughts back into what good points are still in the game and players
will visit the forum once again.
Take the new transport for example, it was met with all the negative points that could happen before it is even tested in the game by players instead of all the
positive points about it that can arrive with it,...
Everybody can think for themselves and the forum does not speak for all game members about everything.
Even though some members think they know what is best for everybody.
This is My Opinion Only.
So don't shoot the messenger.......... ;)

P.S. Also Happy hunting seasons IRL time of year is coming into full swing now in North America........... :D
Last edited by gas56 on October 4th, 2018, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Ol' Mills is still here people... don't worry! ;) Been doing a little more lurkin than usual. There used to be a time when I fully committed myself to this game and nothing else. Got a feeling the forum will pick up again soon once they reveal what new reserve they're planning for this year. <---- Assuming there is a new reserve in the works. ;)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

ive found the forum state has always ran in a parallel to the game itself. when the game is running well and is riding off the back of a few consecutive exciting , mostly bug free releases people seem optimistic and eager to get involved in discussions. especially when a dev would chim in and get involved it felt like a tight well oiled machine. Flip side, when the game is in a bad way, the releases have been a string of bland or game-breaking the mood turns to frustration and people start pointing fingers at the development team. naturally they go quiet as who is gona show up to get a whole bunch of abuse. no devs around to blame means no devs around to give answers, people get ratty with each other, threads go nowhere and get locked, allot of people have no time for off topic drama (besides me, i live for it) and just move along on their way.

my personal opinion. Game is in a steady decline, has been for a while. forum has followed suit. game has always peaked and troughed but this time im not confident, gut feeling says we are very much in the sunset era of thehunter. Open to having my mind changed. in fact id really welcome it
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

A lot of the more prolific and out spoken members have had many posts deleted & got a temporary ban and only a few have come back & posted. Maybe some got banned permanently from the forum IDK. One had to cancel a UHC hunt he was hosting at the last minute. These things, like most censorship have left a sour taste, but there are less posts, negativity & criticism now.

Back to lurking.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Call of the Wild.
Since then the game has declined on player base so it only makes sense that the forum activity goes down as well.
outrider wrote:i am notice a decline in the forum for some time now :( ......wondering where all the 'old timers' have gone ....and curious why..
Left the game due to not liking the direction the game has been going (most of my friends said that's why they're not on this game anymore) or moved on to Call of the Wild.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Mills wrote:Ol' Mills is still here people... don't worry! ;) Been doing a little more lurkin than usual. There used to be a time when I fully committed myself to this game and nothing else. Got a feeling the forum will pick up again soon once they reveal what new reserve they're planning for this year. <---- Assuming there is a new reserve in the works. ;)
Hey Mills, on the stream today Graham said there is no reserve in the works this year. So I'm assuming they will have more time to search and destroy bugs, and improve every other aspect of the game. 8-) :lol:
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

JimboCrow wrote:
Mills wrote:Ol' Mills is still here people... don't worry! ;) Been doing a little more lurkin than usual. There used to be a time when I fully committed myself to this game and nothing else. Got a feeling the forum will pick up again soon once they reveal what new reserve they're planning for this year. <---- Assuming there is a new reserve in the works. ;)
Hey Mills, on the stream today Graham said there is no reserve in the works this year. So I'm assuming they will have more time to search and destroy bugs, and improve every other aspect of the game. 8-) :lol:
Ah I see. That is probably for the best.
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

I was checking the Forum many times a day from my IPad. Now that I have to log in every time, most of the time I will do it from my PC maybe 10 times less often than before.

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

JimboCrow wrote:
Jimbo,
You have much more faith than I have :lol: :lol: My theory is the end is coming. Sorry to say :x

My membership expired early last month so I keep checking the forums for a reason to renew it but so far I have not seen one. The news about no new reserve I think will make it permanent. I was hoping.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”