WHI has been changed???

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BCKidd

Re: WHI has been changed???

Post by BCKidd »

A lil' switch that changes from normal spawning to sporadic spawning would be nice. That way those of us that are bored with the rinse and repeat tactics can, like Norm says from the movie 'Red',- "switch the flip." Such a switch would also be welcomed for the honkin', squackin', irritating birds that have overwhelmed the serenity of a peaceful hunt. I'm all for a change in spawning, and would love to be able to silent the birds as well. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

JimboCrow wrote:Full Disclosure: If the animal maps never, ever change (even though it might be done subtly, coherently, consistently, logically, and sparingly - and only once a year) I'll still be here, but I'll always be a little bored. And yeah, I know, it's my own fault. Believe me I know.
OK, I'M JUST GOING TO SPIT-BALL NOW, SO PUT AWAY YOUR SHOTTY'S.... :shock: :lol:
I'm afraid to ask, but I'm just wondering: isn't everybody just a little bored, knowing where every animal is going to be from now on, forever? I know SOME are really bored, like myself
Damn Jimbo I didn't know you knew where every animal is going to be.....
I've been looking for a white Coyote a long time......... I saw one the first day I played WHI and didn't know I would never see one again even up until today,
So I may need you in a hunt to show me where it hangs out..................... :lol:
Yeah I get bored also, but that's why I don't play 24/7,.. at least not until the snow flies........... :D
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

I like the "new" WHI. Makes it a lil bit more diverse. It feels rich and full of live. Cant remember when i had as much fun as i had in the hunt before. Gonna give it some more trys in the next days in other areas around the map. It felt like TGT last year , rich - with different animal species all over the place. If my experience stays as positive as it was now i hope they just leave it alone and keep it that way.

[bigimg]https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/36049294/20181002210141_1.jpg[/bigimg]

this was my view shortly after starting the hunt. I had a WT Buck near my tent when i dropped in from the lodge, which i downed with the bow. I then made my way crawling to the field near the Golden Treestand and when i entered my Tripod there i was surrounded by all kinds of animals. WT to my back , Elk cows to my left , a herd of Bulls and Yotes right in front of me and Turkeys and BT walking in the forest to the right. Absolutely amazing spawn :D wish it would be always that way :lol: Thought i share one of the Screenshots i had taken that hunt - really like that one.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BCKidd wrote:A lil' switch that changes from normal spawning to sporadic spawning would be nice. That way those of us that are bored with the rinse and repeat tactics can, like Norm says from the movie 'Red',- "switch the flip." Such a switch would also be welcomed for the honkin', squackin', irritating birds that have overwhelmed the serenity of a peaceful hunt. I'm all for a change in spawning, and would love to be able to silent the birds as well. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
This looks like a really good idea BCK! With a spawning switch (available in Game Settings like Extended Audio Memory) each player could choose his own approach to the hunt: OFF: Normal. ON: Random. This would not affect anyone adversely if it was implemented properly. The same animals would spawn from each species to keep things fair in comps, but would be randomized. No one would be hurt, and no one would be advantaged. This has potential man! Can anybody see how this might be leveraged to win comps, or be exploited in any way? Please elaborate.

And as for the birds being on a selectable switch as well, well, I'm willing to bet right now BIRD SWITCHES would be OFF more than SPAWN RANDOMIZER SWITCHES would be ON. What do you think? 8-) :lol: Except for Radamus. He would NEVER have his bird switch OFF. He LOVES birds!! :lol: :D
Minkus32

Post by Minkus32 »

I personally like random...I mean, I know its not really random much because there are certain maps where I know that no matter what I am going to see the same 3 Mule deer together almost exactly the same time. when I see them might be random, but no matter what, If I wait long enough voila, in they will come...
To me, that's really boring...i mean, its like groundhog day...eventually shooting the same animals all the time has to be boring, especially since I am pretty sure that change of a monster buck is never coming around this part...however once I find that monster buck, I can just farm him daily I guess...but then the excitement is gone.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

JimboCrow wrote:
BCKidd wrote:A lil' switch that changes from normal spawning to sporadic spawning would be nice. That way those of us that are bored with the rinse and repeat tactics can, like Norm says from the movie 'Red',- "switch the flip." Such a switch would also be welcomed for the honkin', squackin', irritating birds that have overwhelmed the serenity of a peaceful hunt. I'm all for a change in spawning, and would love to be able to silent the birds as well. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
This looks like a really good idea BCK! With a spawning switch (available in Game Settings like Extended Audio Memory) each player could choose his own approach to the hunt: OFF: Normal. ON: Random. This would not affect anyone adversely if it was implemented properly. The same animals would spawn from each species to keep things fair in comps, but would be randomized. No one would be hurt, and no one would be advantaged. This has potential man! Can anybody see how this might be leveraged to win comps, or be exploited in any way? Please elaborate.

And as for the birds being on a selectable switch as well, well, I'm willing to bet right now BIRD SWITCHES would be OFF more than SPAWN RANDOMIZER SWITCHES would be ON. What do you think? 8-) :lol: Except for Radamus. He would NEVER have his bird switch OFF. He LOVES birds!! :lol: :D
I think it would work well too. It would certainly make my game play less boring- I hate rinse and repeat. I want realism... man! :lol: :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Tod1d wrote:I love the idea of spawn areas changing. It reflects IRL hunting. Every season (year) a big part of "hunting" is scouting & finding the new locations & patterns.
I think the start of a new season in-game would be a perfect time to mix things up. Although that would present an argument for more regular season changes, perhaps every 3-6 months?
I am glad you said this :)
A lot of interesting ideas but I think Tod1d has the best one with seasons being more frequent, like maybe 2-3 a year, and spawns changing with the seasons. I believe this will be a fair balance allowing people to scout maps again and learn the spawn patterns a couple times a year to break the monotony, and keep the old timers from having to move all their equipment too frequently except for a couple times a year.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

JamboWhoDat wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
Tod1d wrote:I love the idea of spawn areas changing. It reflects IRL hunting. Every season (year) a big part of "hunting" is scouting & finding the new locations & patterns.
I think the start of a new season in-game would be a perfect time to mix things up. Although that would present an argument for more regular season changes, perhaps every 3-6 months?
I am glad you said this :)
A lot of interesting ideas but I think Tod1d has the best one with seasons being more frequent, like maybe 2-3 a year, and spawns changing with the seasons. I believe this will be a fair balance allowing people to scout maps again and learn the spawn patterns a couple times a year to break the monotony, and keep the old timers from having to move all their equipment too frequently except for a couple times a year.
The other thing that is worth mentioning is that I do not think people would have to move gear, it might just be different animals in that area. But this has not even been discussed and I am talking purely out of theory. Just to get some conversation going :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TreeKiwi wrote:Just to get some conversation going :)
What for? So you consider a change if the argument is right?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

HooCairs wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Just to get some conversation going :)
What for? So you consider a change if the argument is right?
This might surprise you... but part of my job is to try get conversations going :) , nothing wrong with an open debate!

Return to “General Chat”