WHI has been changed???

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: WHI has been changed???

Post by HooCairs »

TreeKiwi wrote:This might surprise you... but part of my job is to try get conversations going :) , nothing wrong with an open debate!
Fair enough, but most other debates remain untouched by EW, so it sparks my interest why this one needs to stay going from your point of view. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

JimboCrow wrote:
BCKidd wrote:A lil' switch that changes from normal spawning to sporadic spawning would be nice. That way those of us that are bored with the rinse and repeat tactics can, like Norm says from the movie 'Red',- "switch the flip." Such a switch would also be welcomed for the honkin', squackin', irritating birds that have overwhelmed the serenity of a peaceful hunt. I'm all for a change in spawning, and would love to be able to silent the birds as well. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
This looks like a really good idea BCK! With a spawning switch (available in Game Settings like Extended Audio Memory) each player could choose his own approach to the hunt: OFF: Normal. ON: Random. This would not affect anyone adversely if it was implemented properly. The same animals would spawn from each species to keep things fair in comps, but would be randomized. No one would be hurt, and no one would be advantaged. This has potential man! Can anybody see how this might be leveraged to win comps, or be exploited in any way? Please elaborate.

And as for the birds being on a selectable switch as well, well, I'm willing to bet right now BIRD SWITCHES would be OFF more than SPAWN RANDOMIZER SWITCHES would be ON. What do you think? 8-) :lol: Except for Radamus. He would NEVER have his bird switch OFF. He LOVES birds!! :lol: :D
for comps it could make a hell of a difference.depending on the spawn locations if animals are swapped also leaderboards.for eg if all species are spawned as like now in same area thats a massive change to comps right there. as you can hunt one spawn spot for all.if you find areas where 3 -4 spawn locations are and all animals converge you have massive overlap of comps you can compete in. in other words it makes it easier.bigger animals more rares with also be taken more frequently of each species.thats if especially the species spawn on same area if they do the old swap whitetail spawn put blacktail in there place then that would stop that unless obviously another spawn point close by that maybe merges with the area you already in doesnt spawn whitetail.

it does kinda make me possibly think this could even be a test see if we notice or if we do and like it the changes become permanent.

currently its easier to hunt on whitehart in the middle at the moment. it is fun but how fun for how long ? if we all start smashing those animals we chased for years with ease getting rares more frequently where is the challenge left ? realistically how long does classic have left ? is the answer vs fun vs reward of the challenge.

im all for fun just not at the expense of making the game easier for the sake of it.also anything easier destroys the many thousands of hrs many people of the community put in finding trophy animals.

i would take the switch though if more people want it than dont. i wouldnt personally ruin the majorities fun over a miniority.
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

"I believe this will be a fair balance allowing people to scout maps again and learn the spawn patterns a couple times a year to break the monotony, and keep the old timers from having to move all their equipment too frequently except for a couple times a year."

Only problem is, it took over 5 years to get everything set up. If I had to move close to a thousand pieces of equipment and decoys a couple times a year, I'd probably just find another game to play because all I would ever get done was trying to move stuff around to match the new spawns.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

HooCairs wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:This might surprise you... but part of my job is to try get conversations going :) , nothing wrong with an open debate!
Fair enough, but most other debates remain untouched by EW, so it sparks my interest why this one needs to stay going from your point of view. ;)
Some are good conversations and some are only personal to a percentage of players, I am trying to be more inclusive with discussions and picking peoples brains on different ideas, helps me to keep a good handle on the community. For instance there are lots of different reasons people like and don't like this idea, even if I have to read between the lines a little with some players. Nobodies reasons are more right or wrong than an others, as they are personal to the person, so its good to read and keep poking to find out what makes everyone tick!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Yall right about WHI - for fun I started at the north lodge/North island and went west. Got a call from a WT and spotted/track 4 WT within 300m of the lodge- first time ever! Then went down the east side along the road on the coast on that east line of towers- 6 WT mixed in with 2 elk and a dozen BT.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Radamus wrote:Yall right about WHI - for fun I started at the north lodge/North island and went west. Got a call from a WT and spotted/track 4 WT within 300m of the lodge- first time ever! Then went down the east side along the road on the coast on that east line of towers- 6 WT mixed in with 2 elk and a dozen BT.
How did you find your experience Len?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TreeKiwi wrote:Some are good conversations and some are only personal to a percentage of players, I am trying to be more inclusive with discussions and picking peoples brains on different ideas, helps me to keep a good handle on the community. For instance there are lots of different reasons people like and don't like this idea, even if I have to read between the lines a little with some players. Nobodies reasons are more right or wrong than an others, as they are personal to the person, so its good to read and keep poking to find out what makes everyone tick!
Can you share why EW has been sticking to fixed spawn areas up to now? Is this purely for gameplay reasons, to make it easier to find species, or is there anything else? Not sure if this is something you are allowed to share. :P
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

One thing I have noticed on WHI the last few hunts & wonder if anyone else has as well. Very few coyotes! I dont typically hunt yotes on WHI so its no impact to me, just an observation.

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Radamus wrote:Yall right about WHI - for fun I started at the north lodge/North island and went west. Got a call from a WT and spotted/track 4 WT within 300m of the lodge- first time ever! Then went down the east side along the road on the coast on that east line of towers- 6 WT mixed in with 2 elk and a dozen BT.
How did you find your experience Len?
Honestly I did this just to see if it was true and it was. Normally a couple if not all of those wt are going to be elk. A dozen BT is typical so the space for these wt was taken from the elk which was a pair of bulls instead of a group of 4 to 5.

I'll like it when it's back to where it was because I've had bobcat outnumber wt on south island. I'm not feeling overly positive about that :shock:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stalker270

Post by stalker270 »

I have not yet been playing long enough to know for sure where and when animals will be except a couple places. I do know that changing the spawn points occasionally adds more realism to the game. Depending on what is hunted the hunters start early scouting. The also put up trail cams to see what is traveling where. Animals changing where they travel is usually caused by weather. Not enough or too much rain causes changes in what the food supply is and animals have to move too find food. So, it would depend on whether you want more realism or not by changing the spawn point on occasion. If this could be, as previously stated, controlled with an option in the game selection it should make everyone happy.

Return to “General Chat”