WHI has been changed???

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: WHI has been changed???

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Tod1d wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:Except that the game doesn't have different seasons for the reserves.
Not that kind of "season". The game has seasons, which (very loosely) reflect IRL hunting seasons (again, years)
Forgive me Tod1d, but...how? The game has “seasons” only because of leaderboard resets and all that. Other than that, there are no seasons or anything. Nothing changes, not the foliage, the animal behaviors, nothing. Every reserve has its basic season that it is modeled after, be it winter, fall, etc, but the animals all pretty much react the same. When the game was made, it was stated at the time that the basic season they were emulating summer, which would be pre-rut. Since that time, nothing has ever changed. It’s been hunting season for 10 years, pre-rut for the same since all of the animals act like pre-rut animals. Males do not spar, they do not mark territories, heck some species even group up still which is a classic pre-rut behavior. There are no seasons in the game. The only “seasons” we get are leaderboard resets.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:Except that the game doesn't have different seasons for the reserves.
Not that kind of "season". The game has seasons, which (very loosely) reflect IRL hunting seasons (again, years)
Forgive me Tod1d, but...how? The game has “seasons” only because of leaderboard resets and all that.
Yes, that's the "season" I was talking about. To me that reflects a IRL hunting "season", which occurs every year. Right now it is the 2018-1019 hunting season.
And animal patterns change every year. Yes, they also change throughout the year from summer to pre-rut to rut to winter foraging, but as you mentioned, we don't have that kind of season in the game, we're stuck in a single season per reserve.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Ok cool. Was gonna say, the way you had put it had me kinda like “Uh....huh?” LOL :lol:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

TreeKiwi wrote:we will be fixing this and you can expect a patch in the near future, so if you enjoy it, make the most of it, if you don't like it, everything will be back to normal soon.

I do like the idea of the maps getting a shake up every now and again, I think it would make them feel new!
Thats a shame, I was enjoying trying to pattern the new movements.

Whatever y'all did to cause this change, write how you did it down. On the next season apply the change to all the Rez's! As you said, shake them up & make them feel new.

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Talking about seasons, the game seasons, they usually start after a major change is made, like a new reserve, but we are getting soon a new transport, the vehicle, will this start a new season?

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

TreeKiwi wrote:
I do like the idea of the maps getting a shake up every now and again, I think it would make them feel new!
This would be good but only in 1 way, if they could add an seasons change to the game and dont touch the animals which can be lure by feeders :)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I don't like the idea of changing it - I've got hundreds of pieces of equipment scattered all over that took years to tweak and twist right down to what exact degree the TS faces - I do NOT want to have to do that kind of thing over, and over..... No way.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Surni

Post by Surni »

I can't say as I have minded the change so far. It's shaken it up quite a bit for me. I've been away from Classic for some time and coming back went to WHI to get my legs so to speak. I walked up to the stand I had and never got the usual calls that I used to. That felt strange and I wondered what was up, not knowing any of this. I got to my stand and setup started making a few calls every so often and wait for the dear and such to start calling back. To my surprise, I heard Bobcat and Coyote. I placed the electronic caller and got back in the stand and coyotes started streaming in. That shocked me as I had never seen them that far south in those sort of numbers. Now that particular stand has turned into a great coyote hunting spot and I felt good about that. I also managed to snag the usual Elk but there was no whitetail in that particular area. I sort of enjoyed the change up though and made it feel like things were more vibrant. It made me rethink what I was going to do moving forward and I like the feeling.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Radamus wrote:I don't like the idea of changing it - I've got hundreds of pieces of equipment scattered all over that took years to tweak and twist right down to what exact degree the TS faces - I do NOT want to have to do that kind of thing over, and over..... No way.
100% agree.
Spoiler:
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

INTIMID883R wrote:
Radamus wrote:I don't like the idea of changing it - I've got hundreds of pieces of equipment scattered all over that took years to tweak and twist right down to what exact degree the TS faces - I do NOT want to have to do that kind of thing over, and over..... No way.
100% agree.
Ditto!

Return to “General Chat”