A little disappointed

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: A little disappointed

Post by DHRifleman »

It would be nice if every load contained a couple of each species that scored in the top 5% for that animal. That way you know if you actually put the time in each hunt you have a potential comp winner out there. You would just need to find it and harvest it. It would take a little bit of the luck out of the equation.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
RedWolf
Spotter

Post by RedWolf »

Dilaj wrote:My goal is to get one 1270+ but that didnt come yet.
You need to be realistic. Nobody shot a 1270+ this season or the previous season. A 1270+ is something that would most likely get you in the Hall of Fame and that alone is an incredible challenge, many experienced players never got in the Hall-of-Fame with a score.

When nobody shot a 1270+ in 2 seasons, it means that nobody shot a 1270+ in a little more than a year. I personally believe that people spot/track at least 1,000 wild boars a day. First of all we have countless people playing wild boar competitions (some will spot/track hundreds per comp), but secondly there are also countless people who don't join competitions, but still hunt for wild boars, and there are also people who just spot every animal they come across to boost their spotting skills.

Lastly, there are people who just spawn near a bait site, quickly run towards it (it helps if a hill is blocking the view/sound), followed by a fast travel to another bait sit, after which they leave the game. Rinse and repeat. Often these people don't even bother to spot (spotting info) every individual animal based on what they see.

If we assume for the sake of argument that 1,000 wild boars are tracked/spotted every day, then we're looking at 360,000 wild boars in 1 year, 1 year in which nobody killed a 1270+ and mind you, that's while being conservative by claiming that people only spot/track 1,000 wild boars a day. Nobody will argue that you didn't try, your spotting/tracking numbers are impressive, but they're sadly nowhere near to what the community tracks/spots every year.

And to put things really into perspective; a Brazilian player, the most experienced player, killed almost 160,000 animals and played this game for about 16,000 hours and even he has never been in the Hall-of-Fame... go figure.

Never hunt with the Hall-of-Fame in mind (for a score) or you might lose your sanity. :)
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

Here is my 16th 1200+ Wild boar with the 11th albino i get them in the same hunt :)
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dila ... n/82900574
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the fact the very top trophy animals are so hard to get is the point of many to keep playing for many years. if they were more common it would subtract from getting such a rare trophy. hopefully this is never tinkered with happened a few years back with 200 scoring whitetail.some bright spark thought it would be great to have a whitetail weekend boost the scores.what happened was loads smashed the 200 barrier which as anyone knows is like rocking horse **** . you could play every day know what you doing for ten years and not get one. so making them more common would destroy anything of previous.

its just the same for the very upper trophy animals.even suggesting they should be more common gives me a little bit of fear thinking about it.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

ronMctube wrote:the fact the very top trophy animals are so hard to get is the point of many to keep playing for many years. if they were more common it would subtract from getting such a rare trophy. hopefully this is never tinkered with happened a few years back with 200 scoring whitetail.some bright spark thought it would be great to have a whitetail weekend boost the scores.what happened was loads smashed the 200 barrier which as anyone knows is like rocking horse **** . you could play every day know what you doing for ten years and not get one. so making them more common would destroy anything of previous.

its just the same for the very upper trophy animals.even suggesting they should be more common gives me a little bit of fear thinking about it.

Amen Ron!

I know this is just a game and not a simulator, but it is still pretty realistic and has simulation aspects. I enjoy killing trophy animals on here as much as anybody, but I think some of them may be too easy as it is. Of the millions of people that have hunted Whitetail in the past century very few have killed a 200+ WT. Heck unless you live in a few areas you have almost no chance of even getting a 180+ WT. Yet in this game they are fairly common. I say keep them like they are and count yourself lucky if you get a true monster. It still sickens me to look through the leaderboards and see the number of top animals that don't even have a trophy shot. :shock:

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:its just the same for the very upper trophy animals.even suggesting they should be more common gives me a little bit of fear thinking about it.
Agreed. I hope the frequency of trophy animals is not increased. I would die for a 400 Roosevelt Elk but I would rather never have one than have them made more common. At least if I ever find one it will be a sensational experience.
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

caledonianblues wrote:
ronMctube wrote:its just the same for the very upper trophy animals.even suggesting they should be more common gives me a little bit of fear thinking about it.
Agreed. I hope the frequency of trophy animals is not increased. I would die for a 400 Roosevelt Elk but I would rather never have one than have them made more common. At least if I ever find one it will be a sensational experience.

I dont say they should increase the chance of a very very trophy animal but this maybe Will be rough but some people for example get 200+ wt with 10 kills someone kill 5000 and no 200+ and someone who really deserve it never get it and example a guest make an account and shoot a 200+ wt and dont even make a trophy shoot cuz he dont know what he killed. The game is totall random wich is shows me today at my northern feeder i spot a Wild boar 1110-1250 spoted (which scored 1218) another at the same feeder it was 1010-1140 and 1 min later at the same feeder an albino shows up. So maybe you get your dream trophy in the next 10 min never know. All big animal have his special value to the hunter i killed 16 1200+ Wild boar i enoyed all of them and i still enoy to hunt them.

Can i ask something from you Caledonianblues? The max score of Wild boar is 1310 is it possible to get a 1300+ one? or its just a number like on RMelk?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

its not about deserve. thats the whole point. prime eg i hunted for 8 years killed probably more than anyone 350+ elk.i told my mate my route his first day hunting won bulls best first attempt got a 402 rosey elk.while its annoying it how the game is. its not about you personally saying increase anything its about people reading this thread and thinking a great idea to change the ratio. so people get bigger trophy animals easier. the whole game essence revolves around getting trophy animals.making them more common or easier to get destroys anything thats been before.

so while id love to shoot a albino 70 turkey i literally know its not going to happen but...id rather it be that way then them spawn with a higher possibility than normal.
DragonFire
Master Competitor

Post by DragonFire »

Wish you luck hope you get one
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

DragonFire wrote:Wish you luck hope you get one
Thank you :)

Return to “General Chat”