Are Animals Spawning Mid-hunt?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Are Animals Spawning Mid-hunt?

Post by J_Birdman »

Recently I've been seeing some disturbing comments from players actually witnessing animals spawning into hunts during the hunt. I can recall three posts but only managed to locate two of them..

August 10, 2018 https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ng#p947720
BCKidd wrote:I jus' had a terrible experience myself. I've been huntin' SC for bear. Find two- not very high-scoring in CSS but, better than what I have now. I walk for a bit longer, I finally see a male. The HM reads him off 20-22, it's a male so I know it is goin' to score better than the two females. I line up, and fire. Intestine shot, he ain't goin' far, or so I think. I track him down to 50%, he's still goin'. Then poof tracks start disappearing- right before my eyes. I know the general direction so I pursue the male. I come over a ridge and a spawn of bull Elk starts happenin', now even tracks from turkey, hog, etc., simply start vanishing. Moral of the story. I think the disappearing tracks are due to when new critters spawn. I never did find the bear, or another track laid by 'em.
September 21, 2018 https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... in#p952189
HawkEye81 wrote: I've seen at least 5-6 until now that spawn in front of me and start running and yesterday I tracked a lynx with intestines shoot for 3 km and didn't died, had to shoot it again.This is just one example of bringing something new to a broken game, hit boxes are still not fixed.
I've verified BC's encounter, have not talked with HawkEye81, and believe that the post I cannot find was made by Radamus but my memory fails me. This makes me think I'm going crazy because I've always thought that ALL animals spawn into the hunt exactly one hour before the player does. Can anyone offer any insight?
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Are Animals Spawning Mid-hunt?

Post by DYEUZ »

Besides the migrating species ( Reindeer ) and the flying ones ( All birds that go in and out , that is .) , i always thought that ALL the animals you get , in a spawn , where there already ,when we entered a game .
This is different when extending to another hunting day of course .

Would rather think these events were glitches of some sort .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah, quite strange when you see it happen, I wasn't in an extended hunt (carrying on to next day). I'm on the fence about the spawning, not sure if all animals are spawned at one-time or if as we go along, and harvest, more get throwin' in. I know about the thread J.Birdman is talkin' about regarding Radamus' spawn from the sky. Maybe that too was a glitch. I also know that whenever you see the two beams of light coming from the sky, an animal or animals will be in that direction...coincident? I dunno... This game is full of OMG's and surprises. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Just conflating the terms "spawn" and "render".....All animals are spawned (created), at the beginning of the game before the player (host) spawns. After that they are rendering, de-rendering and changing states.

I think there have been glitches where animals render or fail to render when they should, which causes people to say they "spawned" during the game.
Personal Bests...
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

The beams of light coming down are a graphics glitch which occurs as often in theHunter as it does in theHunter primal. The beams originate from the animal already spawned and move with them. They are prevalent on Goats and often come of the horns ... and in primal come off the triceratops horns. In Primal they can also come of the logs and rocks on the ground.
So obviously a graphics glitch relating to the engine and possibly how it relates with different graphics software, but common to both games because both use the same engine and coding system.
I dont think it is in any way related to rogue spawning issues..
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

@Dyeuz Right, migrating animals and multi-day hunts aside, thank you.

@Fletchette Ok, I see. That's a big difference, thank you. I'm not as crazy as I think, phew.

@BCKidd As far as spawning(actual animal spawning, not video rendering) goes, there is no animal "re-fill" during a hunt except for the transition between multi-day hunts as Dyeuz mentioned. Fletchette said it the way I learned it, that "All animals are spawned (created), at the beginning of the game before the player (host) spawns." ..which I have read/heard many times as being done one game hour before the player/host starts a hunt and spawns in.(i.e. if you start a hunt at 08:00 then the animals have been roaming around since 07:00)

Thanks guys, appreciate the info and clarification. :)
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

I'v had a female reindeer spawn 10m infront of me. I was calling in a roe buck and as I shot it with a crossbow, female reindeer just appeared infront of me and fled. I always tought that all animals are spawned in as you load the game but unless this reindeer was somehow bugged it's not the case, and since it was 10m away from me theres no way it was a rendering thing.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Andhii wrote:I'v had a female reindeer spawn 10m infront of me. I was calling in a roe buck and as I shot it with a crossbow, female reindeer just appeared infront of me and fled. I always tought that all animals are spawned in as you load the game but unless this reindeer was somehow bugged it's not the case, and since it was 10m away from me theres no way it was a rendering thing.
This can happen with reindeer if you're close to the border of the reserve. As was mentioned above, reindeer (like waterfowl) are an exception to the rule because of their migrating behavior.
Image Image Image
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Andhii wrote:... and since it was 10m away from me theres no way it was a rendering thing.
Yes, it was a "rendering thing"....Rendering means to be drawn or become visible. The animal was "spawned" at the start of the game, but because of a glitch or something it didn't render when it came into render distance like it should have. Most likely, the shot or the spooked roe deer caused to reindeer to change state and that's when the rendering glitch corrected itself causing it to render right in front of you. It was there the whole time in an unrendered roaming state with the simplified AI that unrendered animals have.
Personal Bests...
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

I was going to reply that I haven't ever seen this render issue occur when I realized I actually have, but in a more abrupt way. There's been at least a handful of times I've been hit by an invisible feral hog, most recently in LP last week. Then again, I also recently watched a hog less than 200m away generally walk toward me while appearing and disappearing into the ground for many meter at a time. Also in LP.

Return to “General Chat”