Graphic rendering breaks glitches

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ACSoft

Graphic rendering breaks glitches

Post by ACSoft »

I am member since 2016 and I have played the game on two different PC. First one was running Windows 7 and now, the new one run Windows 10. Both machine have(had) NVidia GeForce graphic card. Since the beginning, on both machine, I have graphic rendering breaks glitches on several hunting reserve, always on far landscape (mountains), like you can see an example on Val des Bois hunting reserve, on the two following pictures:

https://www.acsoft.ch/tmp/pic1.jpg
https://www.acsoft.ch/tmp/pic2.jpg

I have tried all imaginable game graphic settings variations, but this change nothing.

To my humble view, this is, most probably, a flaw of the graphic engine. But I am suprised to not have found any thread in this forum speaking of this problem. Am-I alone to suffer of this ? Did-I miss the thread speaking of this ? Is there a solution to solve that ?

Many thanks in forward for any clues about that !
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Graphic rendering breaks glitches

Post by Tod1d »

I suspect that it's more of a modelling flaw with the landscape at that LOD. I have seen many of these anomalies at great distances, but once you move closer and the landscape is rendered with a higher LOD, the gaps & spikes etc. go away.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yeah, that is not your graphic card, i have that glitches sometimes with an Ati card too, remember the game is old and that kind of glitches are not rare in games from 9 years ago. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Those glitches are everywhere, they came with the new render range, is not your card.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

INTIMID883R wrote:Those glitches are everywhere, they came with the new render range, is not your card.
These lines have been here since way before I started playing the game, let alone working here. Nothing to do with the new render range.
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Exactly.
Good old known issue!
Spoiler:
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

I'm glad to see ACSoft mention this and very glad to learn it's not just my system that is the source of the visual defect.
I've seen these "cracks and open lines" for quite a while and long before the new rendering change had been implemented.
Spoiler:
ACSoft

Post by ACSoft »

Many thanks, guys ! Now I known that I am not alone with this problem.

EDIT:
Maybe this might interest you. I had also written to support about this problem and also about the broken radio in rustic lodge. Here is the very corporate answer I have received:

Thank you for taking the time to report to us. We always appreciate hearing back from a long-time player. I have passed your report to the QA and the development teams. Both issues are known to us and are on our improvements plan. However, they may be of moderate priority on our plan that's why they have been taking a long time.

Unfortunately I can't give you an estimate for a fix, but we appreciate your patience. In the meantime this ticket will be marked as closed, and all further updates will be announced through our status and game updates.

In a sense, I must say I appreciate this answer, as they didn't tried to lie, saying that both bug will be corrected "as soon as possible".

Return to “General Chat”