A spooked animal and his main route.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
sircaptgordo
Tracker

A spooked animal and his main route.

Post by sircaptgordo »

If you spook an animal way off his normal route. Will they go back to their route over time or do they start a different route?

I was moving my tree stand and a reindeer made a roar. He was a long way from me over a hill. But when I reset the tree stand it spooked him. I went up and found his tracks where he fled from. His low score like 580 then close/over to 700. I tried to track him, but he lost me.

g
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: A spooked animal and his main route.

Post by VonStratos »

It depends on the animals, Black bears when scared run away in a straight path, but eventually they may turn back and come back, but other animals are more random, and Reindeer are a migrating animal, so they will flee but eventually will resume their way to the east side of the map.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

VonStratos wrote:It depends on the animals, Black bears when scared run away in a straight path, but eventually they may turn back and come back, but other animals are more random, and Reindeer are a migrating animal, so they will flee but eventually will resume their way to the east side of the map.
So reindeer always head to east side of the map over time?

Do they just disappear into beyond to never be seen again.?

thanks
g
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I cant say for sure, but if they cross the edge and left the reserve then they eventually can comeback and enter again from the west, just like ducks, so if you see a big bull but it left the reserve before you can hunt him it will be back eventually from the west spawn side, at least that is how ducks works, but again, cant say for sure if reindeer also work like that.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

sircaptgordo wrote:
VonStratos wrote:It depends on the animals, Black bears when scared run away in a straight path, but eventually they may turn back and come back, but other animals are more random, and Reindeer are a migrating animal, so they will flee but eventually will resume their way to the east side of the map.
So reindeer always head to east side of the map over time?

Do they just disappear into beyond to never be seen again.?

thanks
g
No, they can migrate in any number of directions in a fairly straight line. Some groups start in the north, and go south. Some groups start in the south and go north. Some go East, some go west. And any diagonal line in between.

Each game starts with a set pool of reindeer, probably somewhere between 50 and 80. While there are a few singles and doubles that just roam around (don't migrate), most of them migrate in herds. They are not all on the map at the same time. At random times the game decides to create another migrating herd from the pool of reindeer available that spawned at the beginning of the game and aren't already on the reserve in another herd. That newly created heard, 10-20 I think, is put together at a randomly selected location just outside of the reserve. When ready, the herd starts to migrate across the reserve from wherever they started at some angle in a straight line to the opposite side of the reserve. When they reach the other border, they cross the border and disappear. They are now back in the pool of available reindeer and can/will be reused in a future herd later in the game. If one is killed it is gone and not replaced.
Personal Bests...
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

Thanks for the info.

g

Return to “General Chat”