Crazy Stuff Happening.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Crazy Stuff Happening.

Post by sircaptgordo »

I was playing late trying to hold on to the top 10 in the 12 basically deer competition. I'm on Settlers Creek upper west portion close to the ocean. I hear an Elk down the hill and head forward. When I was by the Deer Stand I had seen 3 different sets of tracks for R-Elk.

I get to a level spot before it drops off a steep hill. I look over and see the smallest of the tracks I had seen. I'm tired, so I'm just going to shoot him and bow out for the night. I shoot him and he drops in a group of trees with little visibility. I head down the mountain and I see another one of the R-Elk's standing close to the dead one. He's moving his head around and shacking his neck, not paying any attention to me.

I raise the .340 and shoot him, nothing, he stays calm. I shoot him again, still nothing. I move in front of him and shoot again, still nothing. Just moving his head around like nothings going on. I go back to the side, kept in mind I'm only 20m from this guy. I shoot him again in the heart/lung area and he drops.

So I walk towards him and there's a bigger R-Elk doing the same thing minding his business. You guessed it, I raise my gun and shoot him. Nothing, I shoot him again, still nothing. Been there done that, shoot him again and he drops.

I go and Huntermate them. First guy has 1 shot as that's all I shot him. 2nd guy had 2 shoots recorded. 3rd guy had 1 shot recorded, but a little smaller than my biggest in the comp. Strange things ………………………………… ha. Or was I asleep, I don't really know.

I need to go look at the stats and see what they say.

g
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Crazy Stuff Happening.

Post by VonStratos »

That happens often with Dall sheep when they are climbing in the ridges of the mountains in WRR, but is the first time i read about it happening to Elks, since you say it was in a step hill, maybe the bug is related to terrain and not just the animal.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

VonStratos wrote:That happens often with Dall sheep when they are climbing in the ridges of the mountains in WRR, but is the first time i read about it happening to Elks, since you say it was in a step hill, maybe the bug is related to terrain and not just the animal.
The elks were at the bottom of the hill on flat land on the west side. The second hunting tower down on the west where the road goes west to the tower and then to the hill. It was at the west side of that hill which I went down. But anyway, it was strange …………………..

I was on the side of the hill at WRR the other day and had to climb over a Dall sheep with his head stuck in the side of the mountain ……………………… ha.

g
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

I had a Sambar Buck do the same thing... just walking... 3 arrows.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

Yeah I managed to put 7 arrows on an ibex, walked away like a porcupine
Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:
Cashole42
Spotter

Post by Cashole42 »

Had a doe do it the other day, got a bunch of screenshots of her walking quite calmly with an arrow in her head and her lungs. Did not care one bit. She did run when she saw me move, though.
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

Rabbits are also not immune to this. Have a great picture of a European rabbit chewing on grass whilst sitting in his own pool of blood. Tried all I could to kill and harvest him but to no avail.

Return to “General Chat”