Stopping a Hunt and Restarting

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Stopping a Hunt and Restarting

Post by sircaptgordo »

Stopping a Hunt and Restarting.

How does that effect spawn process if any?

I restarted in reindeer land to see if I could get a new crop. Doesn't seem to be working ………….. ha.

thanks
g
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: Stopping a Hunt and Restarting

Post by Nathan112244 »

well when u spawn in on a tent at the start of a hunt there is a circle around you where animals will not spawn.
If you start at a lodge and fast travel to a tent there could be an animal 1m away no matter if its 1 minute into the hunt or 2 hrs into a hunt
Nathan22Outdoors
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

Ok, I was actually talking like today I was hunting reindeers. The spot I was at was feeding me reindeer every 15-20 minutes. About 3pm huntermate time it dried up. So I started over, 2 game hours went by and not a single reindeer. It was like just me and a couple roe deer.

g
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

So you were expecting reindeer to start popping up again in the same spot? :D~ Good luck with that ;) ~ Naw man, if you had RD coming regularly, you got a hot spot so milk it for all it's worth. When they dry up, move somewhere else.

This is what makes this game different than all games I've ever played *old school console stuff* There's a sequence with triggers and you eventually get the cause and effect with results sequence kind of figured out. TH doesn't work like that. YOu can't figure this game out that easy. What you did discover is you were near a "spawn" location. Maps are covered with spawn locations which are in a general area. There's some exceptions to this rule and I'l give you 1 - There's a sequence I can use on a particular reserve about where I start, the direction I start walking, and then FT to another spot- I will have calls from a specific animal every time and I can count on at least 3 of them 90% of the time. But really, this can be done everywhere. The trick to it is, if I wait too long, it doesn't work, if I go to early it doesn't work. If I walk in the wrong direction it doesn't work. But it took 100's of hunts for this 1 simple thing that actually has never produced anything worth remembering other than I know it works.
Last edited by Radamus on September 22nd, 2018, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

sircaptgordo wrote:Ok, I was actually talking like today I was hunting reindeers. The spot I was at was feeding me reindeer every 15-20 minutes. About 3pm huntermate time it dried up. So I started over, 2 game hours went by and not a single reindeer. It was like just me and a couple roe deer.

g
If you're talking about quitting a game and starting a new one, then yes, it's a whole new spawn with new animals and everything. All new games are different. Different animals, different scores, different locations, etc.. Just because several reindeer herds passed a spot on one hunt doesn't mean several will pass that spot on the next hunt. It's fairly random when they will start a migration, and which of many paths across the reserve they may take.
Personal Bests...
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Post by sircaptgordo »

Thanks guys, yow I knew the spawns are different at different times. When I set a bear barrel up and fill it to the brim. One day I have a lot of roe deer, the next day it will be moose and some days a lot of reindeer. Along with the bears of course.

If I don't have a barrel, I'm always on the move unless I'm watching something on TV. If I find a hot spot I'll stay a while and milk it for what's it's worth.

What I didn't know was whether like if I clean a lot of the spawns out of an area in a hunt. That even though I restart another hunt in the same area the game may not respawn the same amount of animals until like the next day on that same location. I play some survival games that the loot won't respawn until the server restarts even though you start a new game or something like that. But like this game the loot moves around. It doesn't spawn in the same place over and over.

g

I went back to that spot today for the final hours of the competition. With-in 30 minutes real time a herd of reindeer came by. Shot the big male and upped my score a few ………………….. ha.

Return to “General Chat”