Is stalking grizzlies still possible?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
RabbitEast

Is stalking grizzlies still possible?

Post by RabbitEast »

Is stalking Grizzly still possible? If so, kindly share some tips. I really have serious problem trying to stalk a Grizzly, only unless im really lucky on a treestand and a suicidal Grizzly come walking towards me or spotting them far away taking a long shot. Else, usually i only heard sound and next moment flee tracks, cant even see the butt of the Grizzly after half hour of tracking it.

Ive tried most of the stuffs mentioned. Watched Hoo's YT as well. If you have tips, please share. Big Thank You! :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Is stalking grizzlies still possible?

Post by HooCairs »

RabbitEast wrote:If you have tips, please share.
Hunted some of them recently. You can't run up to them anymore as you used to, but when you notice one, try to get close without being seen. Their seeing is far better than their hearing. Fall camo clothes help. If you can sneak close enough there is a change for the grizzly to attack you. If you are close to one and you cannot see it yet, you should still be able to hear it breath. This was toned down substantially compared to the initial release but you can still hear it, maybe within 50-60m.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
RabbitEast

Post by RabbitEast »

HooCairs wrote:
RabbitEast wrote:If you have tips, please share.
Hunted some of them recently. You can't run up to them anymore as you used to, but when you notice one, try to get close without being seen. Their seeing is far better than their hearing. Fall camo clothes help. If you can sneak close enough there is a change for the grizzly to attack you. If you are close to one and you cannot see it yet, you should still be able to hear it breath. This was toned down substantially compared to the initial release but you can still hear it, maybe within 50-60m.
I used the Outback clothes instead. When i hear their breathing sound, I would used scent eliminator and i go crouched / prone, trying to get close. Somehow, they still flee. Perhaps i should get the Fall camo clothes. Only unless its my dog that they could sense, but, other animals doesnt seems to really flee when my dog is close to them, only move away like 5 to 10m from it tho...also usually i would command my dog to stay if im going after more sensitive animals that im about to approach.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Maybe you have to try the grizzlies without your dog.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I use a combination of 3d Fall Forest and Fall Gillie. I wear the hat, coat, and gloves from the Gillie, and pants, boots, and backpack from the Fall Forest. This combo seems to be less noisy than the full Gillie, but still with outstanding visual camo. 8-)

I can literally sneak right up to any animal in the forest, even a grizzly. From behind is best as Hoo says, but I can get close enough to pin a tail on them, like a donkey.... well, not quite, but I can certainly crouch/crawl very close indeed without being busted. :D Be patient, keep trying! Never ever give up!! :)
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Havnt played on theHunter for a while. But came back for the September comps.
Shot 3 grizzlies while looking for mule and RM elk for the comps. Just heard or saw them , moved in and shot them. No real drama. They seem to have toned down a little from what they were a couple of months back.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
RabbitEast

Post by RabbitEast »

Thanks All! I will try it without the dog and once i get the fall camo clothes! :)
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

JimboCrow wrote:I use a combination of 3d Fall Forest and Fall Gillie. I wear the hat, coat, and gloves from the Gillie, and pants, boots, and backpack from the Fall Forest. This combo seems to be less noisy than the full Gillie, but still with outstanding visual camo. 8-)

I can literally sneak right up to any animal in the forest, even a grizzly. From behind is best as Hoo says, but I can get close enough to pin a tail on them, like a donkey.... well, not quite, but I can certainly crouch/crawl very close indeed without being busted. :D Be patient, keep trying! Never ever give up!! :)
This sounds very helpful, Jimbo. I've always shied away from the ghillies because of the noise level so I never bought them. I almost always use a mix of the appropriate 3D Camo and Outback for head and feet anyway, but you're making a ghillie very tempting. Thanks for sharing. :)

Return to “General Chat”