Animal Fleeing AI Rework

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Jagdreviermeister

Re: Animal Fleeing AI Rework

Post by Jagdreviermeister »

SoftShoe wrote:FWIW there are more gamers than hunters playing this I think. I doubt the gamers would care for such a change.
Agreed. I even go a step further. We need a little predictability in the game. If tH would be like 1:1 rl hunting (in terms of difficulty), the playership will shrink drastically.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

HooCairs wrote:A hunter will say "Yes make it more realistic".
A Gamer such as myself will say "leave it as it is".
And as an IT guy I would add "Never change a running system". You have other things to worry about right now such as fixing lots of bugs. You might open another can of worms here that you won't be able to close anymore.
ronMctube wrote:i wouldnt mess with that.try and find what the same people can do but would have a better effect on the game than animals fleeing.
heres how i would see it. you do ai rework.after its done it gets implemented. if its worse than what we have now it will stay.so all those resources kinda wasted.
All is said here.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

HooCairs wrote:You have other things to worry about right now such as fixing lots of bugs. You might open another can of worms here that you won't be able to close anymore.
INTIMID883R wrote:I would not mind seeing it more realistic. However having said that, there are plenty more important things that need fixing before starting a whole new project to break even more things in game. I think it best to worry about fixing what has already been broken before breaking more.
RidgeBack69 wrote:Fix what is broken instead of breaking something else :!: :!: :!: :!:
J_Birdman wrote:why do you not fix what is already broken before introducing a change in animal AI of all things?
I could not have said this more politely. I think the messages we are sending is pretty clear !!
Tanngnjostr wrote:Seriously, I don't see those "game-breaking bugs" when I play.
Marc, i can send you my list of major bugs and ridiculous things about this game and see if you ever experienced them ! Its pretty long though . You would need some time to read it .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey all,
We are starting to look into changing the animal fleeing AI, but were wondering if it is going to be something you actually want? Currently it is a little unrealistic and predictable.
So the question I want to ask is "Would you like to see the animal fleeing AI more randomised, or would this change be too drastic and infuriating?"
Please do not reply with other examples of AI that needs to be changed, this is potentially a first step into getting some changes in other areas as well.
Looking forward to reading your thoughts.TK
This sound like a tremendous idea............
But now let's be realistically honest about implementing such changes.
1. Is this being thought of reworking the animal flee A.I. because of the already bugs that cannot be fixed with it that cause some fleeing problems?
2. Do we need this change of A.I. fleeing at this time when so many other bugs in the game need to really be fixed as a priority first?
3. Is there that much free extra help time to implement such a new feature?
4. Will there also be a back-up stage update made before it is released to the game if everything goes awry if more bugs arise with it implemented and causes more problems than it has now?
5. If the EW Devs are confident enough that they can go ahead with this without any of the above mentioned unforeseen problems that could come out of it then I would say go for it
and do it. I for one could grasp new fleeing A.I. with an open mind, just as the Devs implemented the new Lynx A.I. when 2 of them meet and scream at each other.
I'm not afraid of change,... but I know trying anything new is always going to be doubted by players with an if.
And isn't this an ongoing game process that keeps this game alive and ticking.
Necessarily,.. building new things does't mean it has to be broken first.................. ;)
Last edited by gas56 on September 21st, 2018, 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DYEUZ wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Seriously, I don't see those "game-breaking bugs" when I play.
Marc, i can send you my list of major bugs and ridiculous things about this game and see if you ever experienced them ! Its pretty long though . You would need some time to read it .
I don't doubt your experience, Serge. That doesn't change the fact that I see it differently. It might be a matter of different PC configurations. Probably it's more a matter of different expectations, preferences or tolerance of certain bugs. But of course I do acknowledge the fact that the majority of players that have spoken out in here do disagree with me. Loud and clear! That's fine and I could still live with unchanged animal AI, no worries! ;)
Image Image Image
leafman1
Scout

Post by leafman1 »

I agree with the majority on here...there are a lot more things that need to be worked on in this game before the AI.
Last edited by leafman1 on September 21st, 2018, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Marc... Agree and well said . Thank you Marc . That's what make it fun , our differences and expectations . :)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DragonFire
Master Competitor

Post by DragonFire »

I still see things happening from the start of this game that need fixing for 10 years now. Maybe those should be the priority.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

HooCairs wrote:..
A Gamer such as myself will say "leave it as it is".
And as an IT guy I would add "Never change a running system". You have other things to worry about right now such as fixing lots of bugs. You might open another can of worms here that you won't be able to close anymore.
100+ !! specially the bug part
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

iz_da wrote:Hoo and Ron have a very valid point, which I also share.

It's not fun to play the game at the moment. Pulsar doesn't work properly, there is the "Zoom lag" thing, Bobcats screwed up the reserves, far too many Wolves etc etc.

And many players miss the acknowledgement that these issues actually exist. It feels like the bug section in this forum is just being handled as an appendix these days - something that's there, but isn't really of use.
Let me remember another thing Devs change and IT'S NOT FUN any more to hunt, TURKEYS!

I love the back old AI of turkey, it was really fun you shot one and just 2-3 close flee some mts, the rest did not notice, Now you shot one and all the flock flee and you have to wait 15 min to get back and IF YOU got luck, the 2nd big return, another thing it's the animal part hits, it's really hard to shot heart, please let the thing works at it is, IF something works why mess with it.

Back old days you can bag 10-15, 20 turkeys in a good spot in just 5min, now try to find that spot and shot 10 turkeys in a roll in 10minutes, this a game to have fun, relax and for many hunters do what you cannot done IRL, now it's really boring to stay 1 hour (real) calling and trying to hunt turkeys, even in the past you can shot from more than 100mts a Turkey with a rifle and just the closer ones flee, now bye bye entire flock around 50mts and wait 10min to some show up.

Again: If something works why mess with it and in the process to improve just you broke it.

Devs take a look at this post as example of changes gone in the wrong way
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=88484

Also I notice since Lynx introduction Reindeer in Hemm just vanish! the only thing I love since lynx show up it's: apparently there's more bears around and that change good for me.

Remember also in the process of introduce Lynx you erase ptarmigan from the reserve (for me and so many really like that bug/mistake LOL)

If there's so many free time to change things, why don't improve this:
1) Turkeys, update the turkeys like devs done with Bears, the turkey decoys looks more realistic than the turkey graphics
2) Fix the magazine and loading sequence of all bolt rifles with magazine like .300, .243, .270
3) Improve the Roosevelt Elk Graphics

Return to “General Chat”