Animal Fleeing AI Rework

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Animal Fleeing AI Rework

Post by L3M182 »

i love jimbo and gary hahaha
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

mapache01 wrote:
gas56 wrote:
mapache01 wrote:
Back old days you can bag 10-15, 20 turkeys in a good spot in just 5min, now try to find that spot and shot 10 turkeys in a roll in 10minutes, this a game to have fun, relax and for many hunters do what you cannot done IRL, now it's really boring to stay 1 hour (real) calling and trying to hunt turkeys, even in the past you can shot from more than 100mts a Turkey with a rifle and just the closer ones flee, now bye bye entire flock around 50mts and wait 10min to some show up.
This may be a little over-exaggerated in just 5 or 10 minutes time.
....:
Back in those days I use to harvest all turkeys as soon as end shooting, parker Python was the Stealth/Super silenced bow for the task and Whitehart Island still the best for turkey over SCreek, back in those days was a PARADISE and really really fun to hunt Turkeys

Here's a hunt expedition back in 2015 (3 in 3 minutes) 1 per minute
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/mapa ... n/55308785

Here's another expedition 2015 - Harvest from 2015-11-28 10:27 to 2015-11-28 10:32 that's 5 minutes , 4 Turkeys in a roll
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/mapa ... n/55370914

2014 - from 2014-01-25 11:11 to 2014-01-25 11:14 3 Minutes - 6 Turkeys;
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/mapa ... n/27091017
Where in your statement above where I highlighted it in red does it say "Back old days you can bag 3-6 turkeys in a good spot in just 5min".............................. :lol:

I admit I was born at night.........but not last night.............. :D
Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

Stop being silly and Just sort the in game problems out, so I for one can start playing again.
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I've been thinking for awhile as an example that Whitetail fleeing is really unrealistic. A spooked deer will more often than not run a few yards flagging its tail, and glance over its shoulder. Unless you're actually actively shooting a gun at it, or are completely visible or scented--then it'll bolt, sure. But I definitely feel like a lot of IRL kills are snagged at that "run a few yards, glance back" moment and could be an exciting & realistic addition to the game.

So, YES to a change to AI for the more complex--in all cases. I'd love more animal interaction and more realistic, less predictable behaviors.
But, NO to spooking with 0 cause; that would just be frustrating.
Last edited by TheSheWolf on September 21st, 2018, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ronMctube wrote:maybe this in the future https://twitter.com/i/status/1043197762597253120 :D
Now I want a transport that can go that fast in the game,...
I just hope the trees can out-dodge it like those sheep do.......... :lol:
Killer1172

Post by Killer1172 »

I know I am new and all, but I agree with Ron the AI is working leave it for now and fix some of the bugs.

rocks, grass, paths, animals all floating in air
animals sinking into the ground
way too many wolves
animals getting stuck <--- that one did get me a 268 non typical whitetail yesterday tho :D
the freezing issue
upgraded textures
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Whoahhh, what the.. :shock: I thought I sent that video to Ron and Tann in PM, specifically for the "spoiler" reason mentioned in it. What the.. I apologize. Lmao wow, yeah.. my brain was fried earlier, I apparently wrote it into the wrong browser tab. Will a Mod please remove it before the EW gods strike me down?
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Muglug wrote:Stop being silly and Just sort the in game problems out, so I for one can start playing again.
I Keep checking for a reason to renew my membership and reinstall the game. But alas still nothing.
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

You know what I think?

I think they took the new ATV out on the Beta server and found that the current fleeing AI doesn't hold up to being chased by a vehicle. So now they have to 'cover their tracks' by pretending to fix, or improve, or develop new fleeing AI to protect their recent investment in the quad. I think they're already working on this right now, because to release the quad first, without improving it, would only be the storm hitting the fan, so they're getting out in front of it, and are buffing the AI first. They're just making us think it was a choice we had in the first place, but we didn't.

That's what I think.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

JimboCrow wrote:You know what I think?

I think they took the new ATV out on the Beta server and found that the current fleeing AI doesn't hold up to being chased by a vehicle. So now they have to 'cover their tracks' by pretending to fix, or improve, or develop new fleeing AI to protect their recent investment in the quad. I think they're already working on this right now, because to release the quad first, without improving it, would only be the storm hitting the fan, so they're getting out in front of it, and are buffing the AI first. They're just making us think it was a choice we had in the first place, but we didn't.

That's what I think.
nailed it..
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”